Give up on this game.

Forum Index » X Universe » X Rebirth

clock 8 months ago.
BigVern avatar
Level badge BigVern

Well... I finally finished the main campaign, courtesy of the HoL add-on actually allowing you to buy parts needed for the URV Fab and Wharf. wow, that was... underwhelming. I'm with Roguey on his original review/walkthrough, was that it? In my game the Xenon stations didn't even detonate. Tried hammering at them with the Skunk but even after finding a position away from the turrets which chew through you in seconds, it took about 3 minutes to knock 1% off the hull strength and that was using all my missiles and rotating the guns.

I really now have no incentive to play on, all that's left is the radiant missions or trying to build a commerce empire in a broken economy. Even the HoL add-on brings nothing really new, no campaign just slightly nicer looking area of space and some different music. In fact, I seriously doubt I will play XR again.

clock 8 months ago.
No avatar
Level badge Sparks

courtesy of the HoL add-on actually allowing you to buy parts needed for the URV Fab and Wharf

- BigVern

Do you own the Teladi Outpost DLC? That offers access to construction wares in OL outside of the normal plot design (e.g. boarding, hacking or damaging PMC ships and stations).

In my game the Xenon stations didn't even detonate. Tried hammering at them with the Skunk but even after finding a position away from the turrets which chew through you in seconds, it took about 3 minutes to knock 1% off the hull strength and that was using all my missiles and rotating the guns.

- BigVern

I can't remember how many HPs the destructible station modules have. In my game I think my capitals and allied capitals destroyed several while we were fighting Xenon capitals. It's been a while so I can't remember what triggered mission completion.

Even the HoL add-on brings nothing really new, no campaign just slightly nicer looking area of space and some different music.
- BigVern

I found the Xenon Invasion side quest, following on from "Ship in distress" generic missions, quite interesting but yeah, it's not a campaign in the normal sense.

You need to log-in to post here.
Please log-in, then refresh this page.

« Previous | Pages 1 2 3 | Next »