Jim60 avatar
Jim60  •  4 months ago  •  Anaconda
That's a lot of shield boosters and Bi-weaves!
Jim60 avatar
Jim60  •  4 months ago  •  Asp Explorer
Hi dino927,
Are you new to ED? I haven't been playing long myself and been making good income purely from Mission Boards (I don't find the commodities makes a lot of profit) and sticking in one area is best, eventually becoming Allied to a faction. Then the higher paying jobs come in through the Mission Boards. I'm running an ASP Explorer for long distance (up to 500 ly) runs for the bigger jobs. I stack up jobs and they seem to all be quite close to the same regions. Maybe a couple of jumps away.
My AspE has only mine launchers and no offensive weapons. I find this perfectly adequate to deal with interdictions. They have to fly through my mines to get to me and by that time I've left and on the way to the next system and they are nursing a battered ship.
I've an A grade FSD to give my ship the legs and a decent fuel scoop to top up my extra tanks. The important items are all A grade and the rest are D to save on mass.
I usually run with 64T or maybe 72T cargo if I want to squeeze an extra load on.
Most runs give me a modest 15 million credits though some have been 25M.
I find I've gotten a bit addicted to these runs Big grin
Anyway, not sure if this is any help but please ask if there is anything you might want to know specifically. Like I say I'm reasonably new but would gladly help out where I can.
Jim60 avatar
Jim60  •  4 months ago  •  Asp Explorer
Nice site Roguey BTW Most informative.
ToeBlarone avatar
ToeBlarone  •  5 months ago  •  Ship transfer and multi-crew switching
I am looking forward to the new one. Getting quite excited for it.
Sinxar  •  5 months ago  •  Ship transfer and multi-crew switching
What is that a Corvette docked at an outpost? If so... that is awesome!
Roguey  •  5 months ago  •  Ship transfer and multi-crew switching
@sinxar nope, its not a Corvette - its a capital ship!
Roguey  •  5 months ago  •  Asp Explorer
@dino927 congratulations, at first you may not think the asp is much of an upgrade over the cobra but when you start upgrading it, it gets a lot better. as to what to upgrade, it depends on what you are using it for - trading, exploration or combat. Trading wise you either look at trading imperial slaves or rare goods. Exploration wont make you much money but the asp is more than capable of doing so. And as for combat, its a lot more riskier but a lot more fun. I usually the first thing I upgrade is the FSD.
dino927 avatar
dino927  •  5 months ago  •  Asp Explorer
@Roguey. First of all... Thanks. The first few trips out were indeed a challenge, especially as I had picked up a mission which attracted unwanted attention! My Cobra mkIII was fairly well spec'd so dropping defences and firepower was indeed a challenge. My main business at the moment is trying to maximise the profits by trading and the occasional mission. I agree that the FSD needed a boost and as my Cobra sold for over 20 mill I bought a 5A straight away so I am now jumping at over 20 full up (112 Tonnes).
I'm still struggling to get the balance right to support this set up so that I can effectively maximise trade vs having an effective defensive capability, but I'm sure it'll all become clear enough, soon enough....
Thanks again and love the site. I've used it for ages, but didn't realise the depth of information available.
Your fan... Cheers