Sinxar  •  6 months ago  •  Ship transfer and multi-crew switching
What is that a Corvette docked at an outpost? If so... that is awesome!
Roguey  •  6 months ago  •  Ship transfer and multi-crew switching
@sinxar nope, its not a Corvette - its a capital ship!
Roguey  •  6 months ago  •  Asp Explorer
@dino927 congratulations, at first you may not think the asp is much of an upgrade over the cobra but when you start upgrading it, it gets a lot better. as to what to upgrade, it depends on what you are using it for - trading, exploration or combat. Trading wise you either look at trading imperial slaves or rare goods. Exploration wont make you much money but the asp is more than capable of doing so. And as for combat, its a lot more riskier but a lot more fun. I usually the first thing I upgrade is the FSD.
dino927 avatar
dino927  •  6 months ago  •  Asp Explorer
@Roguey. First of all... Thanks. The first few trips out were indeed a challenge, especially as I had picked up a mission which attracted unwanted attention! My Cobra mkIII was fairly well spec'd so dropping defences and firepower was indeed a challenge. My main business at the moment is trying to maximise the profits by trading and the occasional mission. I agree that the FSD needed a boost and as my Cobra sold for over 20 mill I bought a 5A straight away so I am now jumping at over 20 full up (112 Tonnes).
I'm still struggling to get the balance right to support this set up so that I can effectively maximise trade vs having an effective defensive capability, but I'm sure it'll all become clear enough, soon enough....
Thanks again and love the site. I've used it for ages, but didn't realise the depth of information available.
Your fan... Cheers
dino927 avatar
dino927  •  6 months ago  •  Asp Explorer
I've just moved up from the Cobra Mklll, so money is an issue at the moment. I would really enjoy some practical top tips for me to change and slowly improve from where I'm at. Please, fire away guys.... Cheers
Lufia avatar
Lufia  •  6 months ago  •  Torpedo Pylon
Due note that even if it's considered an explosive weapon. Synthesis does not resupply Torpedoes, only Missiles and Mines.
Kepler avatar
Kepler  •  6 months ago  •  Khaak Carrier
I wonder, if this is functional, how shocking it would be. Carrying 25 Clusters and ejecting at once. Holy shit.
Kepler avatar
Kepler  •  6 months ago  •  Argon Nova Prototype
At the beginning of the Argon Peacekeeper, I always sell pre installed weapons and buy 8 IRE. Then you have half 1M at the start! And those IREs are not bad, extreme energy efficient.