- Mines (Silicon, Ore can be required for product wares),
- Crystal fabs (turn Silicon into crystals),
- Power-plant (makes energy cells to power everything),
- Food stations (usually there are two, ie. Cattle Ranch -> Cahoona Bakery),
- Product creators (the actually thing you wish to sell),
Step 1 - The Energy Loop
<Stuff about making an energy cell surplus here>
This in itself is a self sustaining complex, the end product being energy cells. As energy cells are a component in every self sustaining complex, this is a reasonable place to start. However, this is not a particularly profitable enterprise for sale, as energy cells cost little per unit requiring many freighters to unload.
NB. If after step 3 you have an energy defect, add a second energy loop (or as many as needed to make up the difference).
Step 2 - The Final Product
<add the final products you wish>
Step 3 - Support Stations
The final product stations will have certain requirements. The next step is to add stations that full fill those requirements, and stations to satisfy those stations' requirements etc etc until you're left with just a requirement for energy. This can be solved with the energy loop from step 1