Posts by edqe (Page 1 of 13)

clock 3 hours ago.
edqe
hi there, thanks for keeping us updated with Star Citizen, nice to see they are still progressing. It still look like its awhile away. I keep meaning to check the current version, has much changed?
- Roguey

As much I like the game and want to support it I really can't recommend anyone try it yet unless they have never tried it before.

I recommend to just wait for Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 PU. It will be a huge update; first iterations of first set of professions, procedural planets (moons), first iteration of a new mission system, item system 2.0, loot system 2.0, etc. It will have only one star system (Stanton) but there should be quite much things to do.
clock 1 day ago.
edqe
This Week in Star Citizen - March 27th, 2017

Weekly lore: Plain Truth: Collateral Damage

Star Citizen: Citizens of the Stars - Andrew Hernando & Athagen

"Content creator Athagen explains how he animates stunning Star Citizen videos in this week’s Citizen Spotlight. Can QA Tester Andrew Hernando oust Brian Chambers as Quantum Questions champion?"

Star Citizen: March Subscriber's Town Hall w/ Turbulent (Spectrum)

"Community Manager Jared Huckaby chats with Benjamin Fardel & Benoit Beausejour from Turbulent about Spectrum, the new community interaction platform for Star Citizen."

clock 1 day ago.
edqe
There seems to be a problems with page count. For example (Star Citizen area):
[poll] GUILD - If You are Star Citizen fan - read me! ( 1 . 2 . 4 . 4 )
clock 3 days ago.
edqe
I tried to find out news about upcoming 2.4 release. People seems to think it could include some story based changes (Thargoids and a war between Federation and Empire) and gas giants as a first steps for atmospheric flight.

What kind of improvements you would like to see done for group mechanics?

How do you feel the multiplayer aspect is working at the moment in general? According to my small amount of game play hours I still have a feeling the capabilities to interact with other human players are quite minimal.

It is really interesting to follow what kind of plans FD has for Elite: Dangerous and what they are going to do in near future.
clock 4 days ago.
edqe
@Sinxar: Very interesting post and it had many excellent points.

I have been expecting too much from "space legs" and how it could be a game changer. After reading your post I don't believe anymore FD even wants it to be a new gameplay mechanism but just a cosmetic thing to make ships and space stations feel a bit more personal and living.

Boarding as FPS is out of question but a more stratightforward way like in X-series could work better. Still, it would be really hard to balance it in multi-player game because for example players with wings would be OP against a single ships etc.

I recently saw a video from Roguey how to make money in E:D. It is an excellent video but what cought my eyes was that it looks like he has achieved ultimate end-game state already; Elite-titles and enormous amount of money. Is it so?
There must be lots of players in same situation as Roguey is at the moment. I feel that FD should forget cosmetics "space legs" etc. and focus on deeper game mechanisms and give veterans much more content to play - something to work towards. I guess Thargoids needs to be much more than just pew-pew.

Reading these posts and seeing Roguey's videos pulled me away from an idea to get back to play the game again. I came here for motivation but got facts instead ... Wink

As a veteran players, what do you think FD should concentrate most?
clock 6 days ago.
edqe
By then though star citizen might be out. But considering how FDev is developing their game, i imagine boarding won't be a thing. Prolly be like in Eve Online where all you can do is walk down a hall and sit on a couch.
- Sinxar

Yeah, I guess boarding is not going to happen with Space Legs either but that could be actually a good for E:D since it is more concentrated to flying a ship. Maybe X-series like boarding would work better but still wouldn't fit well for E:D.

Do you think it would require more depth or is it just fine as it is now? Any ideas how FD could make it more versatile and interesting? Better AI could help a lot.
clock 6 days ago.
edqe
Basic dogfighting has been the most fun thing to me in E:D, so I want back to basics and started bounty hunting with Cobra MkIII Smile. Being a pirate could be fun but I would like it to have much more depth like boarding etc. Hopefully that will be possible once "space legs" has released.
clock 1 month ago.
edqe
Hellion is a new space survival game currently in Early Access - http://store.steampowered.com/app/588210/

I have played about 15 hours and so far I have enjoyed it quite a lot. It has lots of potential so it will be pretty interesting to see where the game is heading.
clock 3 months ago.
edqe
There's a team working on Elite: Dangerous tabletop RPG game and they will launch a Kickstarter campaign in 16.01.2017

http://www.edrpg.co.uk/
clock 4 months ago.
edqe
Tuesday, November 29th [1000 PST / 1800 UTC]
November Subscriber's Town Hall w/ Tony Zurovec - http://www.twitch.tv/cigcommunity

Tony is the Director of the Persistent Universe
- edqe

clock 4 months ago.
edqe
Tuesday, November 29th [1000 PST / 1800 UTC]
November Subscriber's Town Hall w/ Tony Zurovec - http://www.twitch.tv/cigcommunity

Tony is the Director of the Persistent Universe
clock 4 months ago.
edqe

clock 1 week ago.
edqe
This Week in Star Citizen - March 20th, 2017

Weekly lore: Mining Rocks: March 2947

Star Citizen: Citizen of the Stars - John Erskine & Mr. Hasgaha

"Mr. Hasgaha is in the Citizen Spotlight sharing how he takes Star Citizen screenshots and videos that appeals to Star Citizen fans both old and new! VP of Publishing and Austin Studio Director John Erskine takes on the Quantum Questions challenge."

Star Citizen: Loremaker's Guide to the Galaxy - Corel System

"Senior Writer William Weissbaum heads to the Corel System, which is the main trade lane between the UEE and the Banu. See why the city of New Junction is considered a hot spot for smuggling and crime in this week's episode."

Star Citizen: Around the Verse - What is Mega Map?

"Sandi Gardiner and Forrest Stephan share how Mega Map improves playability in Star Citizen, while Eric Davis stops by with the Los Angeles studio update."

Happy Hour Gamedev: Javelin Basketball

"Technical Designer Calix Reneau and the CIG Community Team explore what it's like creating a first-pass game mechanic for Star Citizen LIVE with the fans."

clock 4 months ago.
edqe
Yes it is and very expensive to have more than one of them on the screen/area at the same time Smile

It is not just a hull of the ship that has to be rendered but those ships has a crew size of tens/hundreds (NPCs and human players) working on their daily schedules and specific tasks. The ships has complex damage modelling, physics modelling and functionality; computers, room pressure/atmosphere, artificial gravity, etc. and all that with very high fidelity level. Internal size of those ships are also enormous.

To get all these to work on multiplayer game is yet another complex technical goal to achieve. I'm not sure if they are able to do it but at least they try.
clock 4 months ago.
edqe
4th Anniversary Livestream

The rest of the videos can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVct2QDhDrB3tBTlEKPmJx4OBfojoIpWk

Letter from the Chairman

Production Schedule Report

"This is the first iteration of the official Star Marine and alot of things will be addressed/tweaked to make this module a more "tactical" experience for our player base. The map we played on was designed for more than 5v5 players, so in order to cap all 4 points we had to sprint pretty much the entire time AND all the players were SUPER excited to just go balls to the wall (I'm not gonna lie, I was just running and spraying bullets at everyone I saw because I was SUPER pumped and hyper). We are aware of the too much sprinting being an issue and has been talked over, We are also working towards encouraging players to go into cover, vault over objects, and stick together. So we will make adjustments to make Star Marine thrilling, exciting, and tactical as pitched Smile We'll get it!" - Jlee-CIG
« Previous | Pages 12345678910111213 | Next »