Login   ·   Register   ·   Account help   ·   Privacy policy   ·   Contact

[ED] Problem with Mk1  

Forum Index » Website » Website problems or errors
« Previous | Page: -18 -17 -16 -15 -14 -13 -12 -11 -10 -9 -8 -7 -6 -5 -4 -3 -2 -1 0 1 | Next »

RobWoz Level badge

Posted 4 years ago.
Besides it needing a better name, it has the following bug...
Setting Buy Bertrandite within 10 ly of LHS 3505
Result: Liaedin is displayed
Change setting to 30 ly
Result: Liaedin is no longer displayed.

Good work. Useful tool. Thanks for creating it.

Regards Rob

Roguey Level badge

Posted 4 years ago.
hi there, thanks for letting me know. Looking at the code I had some old code there - the code which overloaded the server awhile back - I must of missed updating it.

I have now updated the code. Now, the correct results should be shown - depending on range of course Smile

RobWoz Level badge

Posted 4 years ago.
Well done and thanks. I've got another one for you. Just noticed it now.

On MK2, enter: trade between LHS 3505 and LHS 3505, stations and outposts.
The results show an internal trade for Beryllium from Hewish Station to Hermolz Port.

Open new browser tab and nav to MK3.
Enter: trade within 5ly with stations and outposts near LHS 3505.
The results do not show the above mentioned internal trade for Beryllium from Hewish Station to Hermolz Port.

However, the MK3 results do show a trade for performance enhancers between the same stations and for the same direction. Checking back on the MK2 results reveals that trade is missing from those results.

Good work Roguey.

Regards
Rob

Roguey Level badge

Posted 4 years ago.
hi there rob,

well what's happening with the Mk3 is that it gets a item for sale, then checks for the best place to sell it - rather than listing every place it can be sold. So in your Beryllium example, the best place to sell it is Olivas City, as its 55cr higher than Helmholtz Port (and hence why only one entry is listed for Beryllium). I guess ideally it should show every place to sell goods, but could produce massive long lists. It could be done, but would need a bit of a recode too. The Mk3 is written to show you the best deals. I could look at changing the code, if you think it would be better.

RobWoz Level badge

Posted 4 years ago.
Hi Roguey,

Ah, I see. That makes perfect sense. Thanks.

No, I would leave it the way it is, and now I look closer at the MK3 page I see you've put a brief explanation there to that effect.

So that's really well thought out and probably better than I would have thought to do it. Are you a professional software developer? I've been a developer for 30 years, and can recognise talent a mile off. Your main talent is for analysis I'm guessing. So if you're not a pro, and you want to be, then get to it - because you have what it takes. More than some already in the industry actually.

I noticed that you implemented in-page price editing. Everyone else who's built a tool like this has totally missed the fact that a player will be happy to edit the page while their in the station, looking at the page and using it for reference. They'll edit it because it's part of their trade route. Other tools have implemented editing processes that are too much trouble to use. Very well done for figuring that out.

Regards
Rob (electronwaves.com)

You need to log-in to post here.
Please log-in, then refresh this page.

« Previous | Page: -18 -17 -16 -15 -14 -13 -12 -11 -10 -9 -8 -7 -6 -5 -4 -3 -2 -1 0 1 | Next »