Home Board Index » Website » Website problems or errors » Forum updates

Forum updates

Posted 3 years ago.
Roguey

User Badge
Please insert pizza!
As you may of noticed, the forum has been going under a few changes. However its not just how it looks, some of the code has changed too. I know not everything is up and running at the moment, but the basic forum functions should be (view topic/thread/board, reply, edit and create thread). So I am interested to hear what you think so far, and if you noticed any problems with the forum. thanks.

[Known issues]

- The statistics page isnt working atm,
- To rework the forum character stripping - so brackets can be used,

Posted 3 years ago.
Oxidire

Dark theme issues :
1- Every messages have .post_container > .post_footer taking only the top of the message.
2- (from 1- knowledge) In alternate messages case : .post_container > .post_footer : "background-color: #c8c8c8;" and .post_container : "background: rgb(25,25,25);" creating a gap of color frustrating moreover with : "color: #D4D4D4;" making it unreadable
3- Admins(/Moderators ?)'s message having the same issue than 1- and an alternate 2- where .post_container > .post_footer : "background-color: #c8ffff;" and ".post_container : rgb(25,25,25);" and same with "color: #D4D4D4;"

Other issue :
4- Deleting post (this very message) :
Delete reply

Fatal error: Call to undefined function howlongago() in /home/roguey/public_html/forum/modules/print_posts.php on line 270

I feel like an ass to point out only the issues Sad Could you tell us the features that you added and we may miss ? Or maybe the one you plan to add later on ?

Posted 3 years ago.
Roguey

User Badge
Please insert pizza!
No worries, im glad to see the forum working and hear of any problems. I guess the main thing to you guys is that the design has changed. Dates arent displayed any-more instead how long ago, plus how threads are shown. Hopefully its a little cleaner than before? Its still a work-in-progress however.

[Update]
- I have done quite a few updates to the black theme, which should fix most/all of the issues. Im still not 100% happy with it however - any suggestions? Some of the black theme updates will apply to the whole site.

- Many of the moderation pages have now been fixed,

Posted 2 years ago.
Roguey

User Badge
Please insert pizza!
Well there has been some more changes done now. The biggest thing is a re-work of the user profile pages. I hope they are abit easier to navigate and provide more information. I have still got to do the update on the character stripping, post like and statistics page. Let me know what you think of the profile pages.

Posted 2 years ago.
Sinxar

User Badge
Hugonaught
I can't seem to access the blog section at all.

Posted 2 years ago.
Roguey

User Badge
Please insert pizza!
I can't seem to access the blog section at all.
- Sinxar

Hi there, its down for maintenance for the time being - until I can get it working with the new commanders home area.

Posted 2 years ago.
TheWhiteTiger

User Badge
Ammo's Guardian
Would be nice if you could add a link to the admin section and our profiles when we're logged in from the forums page. Other than that I like the changes, especially the "R" icon Wink

Posted 2 years ago.
Orbot

There seems to be a problems with page count. For example (Star Citizen area):
[poll] GUILD - If You are Star Citizen fan - read me! ( 1 . 2 . 4 . 4 )

Posted 2 years ago.
Roguey

User Badge
Please insert pizza!
thanks for letting me know.. ill have a look into it soon.

ps. nice to see your around tiger Wave

Posted 2 years ago.
TheWhiteTiger

User Badge
Ammo's Guardian

ps. nice to see your around tiger
- Roguey

You as well Roguey Roguey supporter
I usually lurk in the background!

Posted 2 years ago.
Roguey

User Badge
Please insert pizza!
Well today ive fixed a few issues with the forum. I have corrected the issue with the < > brackets, as you see they can be used now.

I have also fixed the page numbering too. If you notice anything odd with forum, please let me know.

Posted 2 years ago.
Sinxar

User Badge
Hugonaught
If you select text and press the "registered" button, it deletes the text instead of wrapping the tags.

Cannot find a logout button anywhere.

Posted 2 years ago.
Roguey

User Badge
Please insert pizza!
thanks for letting me know - the registered button should work as intended now.

as for the log-out, I have added one to the normal log-in/out box Smile

Posted 2 years ago.
Sinxar

User Badge
Hugonaught
Thanks.

« Previous | Page: 1 | Next »

You need to log-in to post here.