Thanks for The Video Review  

« Previous | Pages 1 | Next »

Forum Index » X Universe » X4: Foundations

BigVern Level badge

Posted 2 months ago.
Quite timely as with x4 having popped up with a £10 discount in the Steam Sale I was tempted. However think I will continue to hold out as, frankly, bugs such as ships passing through others shows lousy collision and evasion programming. Seems Ego haven't learned from X2 when enemies simply kamikazied your ship.

Time to dust off the ED key commands and head for Beagle Point again...

Roguey Level badge

Posted 2 months ago.
hi there,

thanks for kind words. X4 should improve in time, and ill have to relook at the game.

as for beale point, thats a long way! is there much out there?

BigVern Level badge

Posted 2 months ago.
I went to Beagle Point last year and other than being kind of a trainspotter underline the number with 65k LY to Sol in the viewscreen, there's not really much to see, followed by a whole lot of nothing for two weeks to get home again! I was slightly miffed to not even make enough on my scans to achieve Elite for Explorer.

That is the main issue with ED vs. X (IMHO), Braben gave us this huge to scale galaxy to explore but outside a few nebulae there's not much to see. All the exotic sounding region names like "Formidine Rift", "Viattori Pattuit" etc. all just end up being another region of identikit stars with, for the most part, a few uninteresting rock, ice and metal planets.

That is where the X games tend to win out, in particular Terran Conflict as many systems were hand drawn and have a distinctive feel - and music accompaniment!

Roguey Level badge

Posted 2 months ago.
I know what you mean about the Elite universe. So far I havnt really seen much different either. I havnt gone as far as Beale point - just recently went to the center. Is it possible to see lighting clouds? or was that something rumour? However after awhile you want to head home.
BigVern Level badge

Posted 2 months ago.
Never saw anything like lightning at BP. The main view is the almost total blackness as you look away from the galactic core!

Back OT, I'll continue to watch for any changes or updates with X4 - summer Steam sale might be the optimal time to take the plunge.

You need to log-in to post here.
Please log-in, then refresh this page.

« Previous | Pages 1 | Next »