Home Board Index » X Universe » X3: Terran Conflict » Ship Size Question

Ship Size Question

Posted 1 week ago.
AkhiMertail

Hello all. Pleasantly surprised to see this sub exists.

I got X3TC about a month ago and have been loving it. I played X2 for a few months several years ago but forgot about it until I saw this edition on Steam.

My question is regarding ship sizes. When you're at the shipyard, each model is listed with an S, M, or L next to its name. And depending on the letter, the price changes.

My question is: What do the sizes actually represent? The only difference I can see is the price. Max upgrades seem to be the same. I assumed at first that the more expensive models must be outfitted with better equipment, but as far as I can tell, the ship is outfitted the same whether you buy an S or an L.

I've searched the manual, egosoft's community pages, and general internet looking for an answer but can't find it.

Thanks in advance for responses.

Posted 21 hours ago.
Sinxar

User Badge
Hugonaught
You probably figured it out by now, but it's the equipment loadout it comes with.

S being the most basic with L being 'max'. IIRC it's mainly the shields, it will come with its max number of the largest shields it can fit. While an S loadout only comes with a single 1 MJ shield. This also applies to its fitted weapons but this is normally the highest damage energy weapons it can fit so it can be non optimal. However it can save you a lot of trouble if you just wanna buy a bunch of L ships to put in a carrier as custom outfitting a large number of ships is iffy at best.

This is also a way to circumvent equipment shortages, can take the gun or shields off a L outfit and use them elsewhere if needed since the equipment appears from thin air.

I think the offering of S/M/L is random also, you can reset it by jumping out and back then checking the shipyard again until they have Ls in stock. (i could be wrong about this, it's been a very long time since i've played TC).

« Previous | Page: 1 | Next »

You need to log-in to post here.