Home Board Index » X Universe » Roguey's X3 Mod » General » Storyline Mission Bug?

Storyline Mission Bug?

Posted 8 years ago.
Calgacus

Hi Everyone!

For the first time since I got X3: Reunion I've started a new game using the storyline whilst using Roguey's Mod V3.3. In Mission 11, I get to Nyana's Hideout and find Kyle Brennan's ship before he goes into the asteroid. Story autosaves fine then I find myself inside the asteroid. However, the game seems to slow down dramatically to a point where I can't control the ship. It's as if my computer had run out of memory (BTW, it's got a 3GHz quad core chip and 4Gb RAM). I keep getting fragged by the Khaak! Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,

Posted 8 years ago.
Roguey

User Badge
Please insert pizza!
hi there,

that's odd - guess your not running any other mods/scripts? I could check the save if sent it to me, other than that im I dont know.

Posted 8 years ago.
Calgacus

Hi Roguey! I'll send the Autosave and the last manual save. Wot's your email addy?

Thanks

Posted 8 years ago.
Roguey

User Badge
Please insert pizza!
no worries. You should find the details here.

Posted 8 years ago.
Roguey

User Badge
Please insert pizza!
thanks for sending the save. I remember that section now - what a crazy mission: hard to see at the best of times. I did try another ship and the fps was better - although it wasnt great but playable. Maybe try another ship..

Posted 8 years ago.
Calgacus

Thanks Roguey.

I'll try another ship and let you know what happens.

regards,

Posted 8 years ago.
Calgacus

Roguey,

I changed my ship for a Buster Mk2. Worked a wee bit better but after a couple hours trying I still can't finish it. I've been reading several posts elsewhere on the 'net from folks who have also had problems with this mission. Think I'll just go back and start a new custom game.

Thanks for your help.

Posted 8 years ago.
Roguey

User Badge
Please insert pizza!
Its a bit of odd mission, I can see what ego was trying to do - it just didnt come off right. I dont know how changing the ship helps but it does (the fps was much lower with the other ship). I did have a go myself in a Nova Mk1. I was going okat until I got lost in the asteroid... Its not ever clear where your going!

Posted 8 years ago.
Calgacus

Roguey,

Phew! And I thought it was just me who didn't understand it! It's one crazy mission. I think Ego should have checked and re-checked this mission before releasing it. As you say, the idea was good but the result was pretty poor.

Thanks!

Posted 8 years ago.
Roguey

User Badge
Please insert pizza!
I think the problem is that X3/TC doesnt have a very good collision detection system: so when you bump something, it just sends you backwards. Another example If you turn your ship (at 0m/s), you can put your ship nose inside another ship, after-which the shields go down. It should really knock the other ship.

The mission could of been better if you were on a set line and going too wide meant you scratch the side of the asteroid - slowing you down for a set time.

It was a good idea, but needed more code by ego to get the mission how it should be.

« Previous | Page: 1 | Next »

You need to log-in to post here.