Login   ·   Register   ·   Account help   ·   Privacy policy   ·   Contact

The possibilities of a new XBox site  

Forum Index » Gaming » XBox One/360
« Previous | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next »

Roguey Level badge

Posted 8 years ago.
woh, i like the first design more myself - its more bright colours, with a strong green much like the xbox itself. I guess Bozo will need to fill the image spaces with xbox themed pictures. Its a very good start Smile
bozo64r Level badge

Posted 8 years ago.
I agree with Roguey, I like the first one. I probably could fit all the specs of the images.... the banner is 975x69, I could easily make something on that, the log in bit is basically on top of the banner. Could that be done on ours as well? I like the way the banner curves around the log-in bit.
Roguey Level badge

Posted 8 years ago.
hmm. i think there would need to be a little more space for the login section, as my include uses a slightly bigger area. I personally think the very top part of the site would be better with one graphic rather the double boob idea. Smile
TheWhiteTiger Level badge

Posted 8 years ago.
So it's the first one, right? Okay then I'll create the ftp cilent soon Smile
bozo64r Level badge

Posted 8 years ago.
Nice one a soon as you have have ideas let me know.

I have made a provisional banner, this is just a base idea..... what do you think?

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/1873/rogueybanner.png

Roguey Level badge

Posted 8 years ago.
So something like this:

Picture

hmmm.. well I like the background in the image, well done m8. The only thing I think personally needs changing is the name needs to stick out more, as I feel its blending into he background somewhat.

Posted 8 years ago.
Picture
- Roguey

Yeah I think it's good, however I think maybe the "Roguey's XBOX360 Site" font should stick in one line and not in three lines. That's just my oponion. Smile

hmmm.. well I like the background in the image, well done m8. The only thing I think personally needs changing is the name needs to stick out more, as I feel its blending into he background somewhat.
- Roguey

I Also think that the buttons bar needs a bit of more work. Bozo64r if you need ftp access I need a contact methode where I can send the details to.

@Roguey an Email has been sent to you mate, just let me know if it doesn't work out for you. Wink

bozo64r Level badge

Posted 8 years ago.
In terms of contact, is it just my email you need?

bozo64r"at"yahoo.co.uk

Taking in your comments, what about this?

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/3171/rogueybanner2.png

Roguey Level badge

Posted 8 years ago.
hmm.. it does look better on one line, but I still think the font needs an upgrade of some sorts. Just an idea:

Picture

btw, for the site its best to split the image into 2 pictures: the background (jpg) and the logo (gif). That way its much easier to update/change either. On the logo, if you make it gif then apply a transparent colour so not to cover up the background jpg. I could do an effect (like above) where the logo is on a slight transparent black box. Sort like this:

Picture

but better - I did that in a few moments, so it could be better.

bozo64r Level badge

Posted 8 years ago.
Yeah that's good, I will split the images. Where did you get the font from?
Roguey Level badge

Posted 8 years ago.
To be honest I havnt got a clue m8. The logo is quite old now - probably should get around to updating it sometime. Although logo's are hard work to get right.

Posted 8 years ago.
In terms of contact, is it just my email you need?

bozo64r"at"yahoo.co.uk

Taking in your comments, what about this?

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/3171/rogueybanner2.png
- bozo64r

Okay I'll send you the ftp details there Bozo64r, and yes I only need Email address to send these details. As for the font it's good but now it only requires a bit more work for a better quality. Roguey's ideas are nice too, and it could be better as Roguey said Smile

PS: I'm sorry if I'm annoying you with these comments.

bozo64r Level badge

Posted 8 years ago.
Nah, your not annoying, it's all a part of the web design process :P Anyway, when i get that ftp details I will take a look at where I could put graphics.

Posted 8 years ago.
Nah, your not annoying, its all a part of the web design process :P Anyway, when i get that ftp details I will take a look at where I could put graphics.
- bozo64r

Thanks... And an Email has just been sent to you Bozo Smile

bozo64r Level badge

Posted 8 years ago.
Right having a look, I have seen a few places I could use, firstly the obvious one being the banner, I can easily make the current one smaller/bigger to fit.
Roguey has advertisements, so it should fit in the adverts bit well.
I won't put anything in the side bars, i will leave that to Roguey, with his goodle +1 stuff and that along with all the stuff that he puts on.

I took a look at FileZilla I have go my head around the basic controls....

What we can do is still run it along the same lines as Roguey's site, as in use the same links as he uses in his PS3 site. If you can change the link names at the top of the page that is. So on the left thing we can have 'Home' 'Games' 'Forum' and on the right, three more things we can put on for example any guides we write. But web design is not a strong point... so I am probably talking babel crap :P

You need to log-in to post here.
Please log-in, then refresh this page.

« Previous | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next »