Home Board Index » Gaming » XBox One/360 » The possibilities of a new XBox site

The possibilities of a new XBox site

Posted 8 years ago.
bozo64r

User Badge
Ech mesh!
Roguey, I think whatever you think is best. I remember you posting yo sites font, I will see if i can find it.

Bingo!
http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/2346/rogueybanner2ud.png

There is the updated banner.

Posted 8 years ago.
bozo64r

User Badge
Ech mesh!
Roguey... Tiger... you there

Posted 8 years ago.
Roguey

User Badge
Please insert pizza!
I'm here: I sent a copy new design to tiger (to play with) and he said he be looking at it but he had real-life things to do: so it may take awhile. I dont know which template you guys want to use, either the one tiger showed, or my one.

Here's what it looked like:

Picture

What do you think?

Posted 8 years ago.
bozo64r

User Badge
Ech mesh!
I like, I think depending on what tiger says it may be good to use your template , but I don't know which is best :P

Posted 8 years ago.
Roguey

User Badge
Please insert pizza!
im waiting on tiger too, hopefully he been back soon.

Posted 8 years ago.
TheWhiteTiger

User Badge
Ammo's Guardian
Back and apologies again. Roguey the co.cc server is having issues so, anyway I don't know I've been looking but should it look like this? I know it's just a template but it's looking for certain files... http://www.cncmasters.net/roguey/

Posted 8 years ago.
Roguey

User Badge
Please insert pizza!
hey m8, nice to see your back.

Why the template isnt showing too well is the paths were done for a sub-domain, ie. xbox360.site not site/xbox360

If you want to get it working without creating a subdomain, do the following:

- In layout/top.php, change /layout/main.css to layout/main.css (line 44)
- You will also need to change /images/site/logo.gif to images/site/logo.gif in top.php (line 63),

- Then in layout/main.css do a text replace. Replace /images with images,

You basically want to remove the first/ in paths.
To get rid of that include error, delete lines 9 and 10 (in index.php).

Hopefully that should help. Sorry for not making it easier for you.

ps. I would correct it myself, but I dont have FTP access there.

Posted 8 years ago.
TheWhiteTiger

User Badge
Ammo's Guardian
Oh I missed that I didn't know that you have created the paths I thought it was as you said it should be, because I didn't look at the codes of the other files in the layout folder. Anyway I shall send you the access there mate, but I don't know, did you notice any issues with the "co.cc" server too?

Posted 8 years ago.
Roguey

User Badge
Please insert pizza!
hi,

well if you send me access then I can fix the template so it appears correctly on your server.

as for the servers, i haven't noticed any problems here. Although I probably dont check it as often as you.

Posted 8 years ago.
TheWhiteTiger

User Badge
Ammo's Guardian
Okay Roguey do you have a specific time for the opening? Smile

Posted 8 years ago.
Roguey

User Badge
Please insert pizza!
Well did you get the template working now? or did you want me to change the paths so it can work on a non-subdomain server for testing?

Posted 8 years ago.
TheWhiteTiger

User Badge
Ammo's Guardian
I've fixed it a bit now the real work should start I suppose?

Posted 8 years ago.
Roguey

User Badge
Please insert pizza!
Im not sure what you mean m8, have you thought how how you want the news to be lay out? how games build up a section? ie. look at the PS3 and see what you think.

Posted 8 years ago.
TheWhiteTiger

User Badge
Ammo's Guardian
What I meant was since it's showing up now, we should work on it as how we want the news to show up, look... etc. I actually think that the news should be shown just like the Ammo site, but you know php is not my specialty when it goes that far. Smile

Posted 8 years ago.
Roguey

User Badge
Please insert pizza!
hey m8, you dont need to worry about the php side of things, just write a few pages with how you want things laid out, ie:

say in index.php (the main page), write the HTML to do a dummy page, so I know where you want things to go. Write some dummy news entries so I know how you want the news to look like.

say in /games/ design how you want games to be laid out, etc.

I will need to know how you want the site laid out in general. Do you want to post news on certain games, or generally? how much information do you want to post about a game? details? guides? news? etc. Would you like it to follow the PS3 sort-of design? Its up to you and bozor - ill do the coding once I know what I need to do.

« Previous | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next »

You need to log-in to post here.