Login   ·   Register   ·   Account help   ·   Privacy policy   ·   Contact

The possibilities of a new XBox site  

Forum Index » Gaming » XBox One/360
« Previous | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next »

TheWhiteTiger Level badge

Posted 7 years ago.
hey m8, you dont need to worry about the php side of things, just write a few pages with how you want things laid out, ie:
- Roguey

say in index.php (the main page), write the HTML to do a dummy page, so I know where you want things to go. Write some dummy news entries so I know how you want the news to look like.
- Roguey

Okay Smile

I will need to know how you want the site laid out in general. Do you want to post news on certain games, or generally? how much information do you want to post about a game? details? guides? news? etc. Would you like it to follow the PS3 sort-of design? Its up to you and bozor - ill do the coding once I know what I need to do.
- Roguey

From my end it would be fine if it followed the PS3 sort of coding except for the news page as I mentioned earlier. But I still don't know how Bozor wants it to be.

Roguey Level badge

Posted 7 years ago.
Ah I see, well that should be too bad. You need to work out how you want the news displayed although. You could have simply titles on the news page, with another page with the news, or full news posts, or even mini etc. Basically anything.
bozo64r Level badge

Posted 7 years ago.
Sorry, for my long absence, some one decided to dig through the Fiber Optics for my street :P

Like the ideas so far! It's good!

Roguey Level badge

Posted 7 years ago.
no worries, I too have been having problems with my internet - I had to get the cable modem replaced by the ISP. It was disconnecting for hours!

Posted 7 years ago.
Do you think it should be white and green or black and green?
Roguey Level badge

Posted 7 years ago.
Why not try it? and post some piccies?
Roguey Level badge

Posted 7 years ago.
hmmm.. ive been thinking about the ps3/xbox sites and wonder what you guys think about this:

both the ps3 and xbox have similar games, some are unique to each platform but most are on both systems (and play the same).

The PS3 site already has a large list of games for the ps3, however this section could be expanded on, so each game could be tagged with ps3, xbox or both.

The idea means that both PS3/Xbox gamers can see news/events from the games without being serrated from each console. As I have a PS3 (so can post about news from there), and tiger/bozor with x360. I bet we play similar games like Assassins creed: Brotherhood anyway?

Basically rather have a site for each system, pool them together so we can have 1 web site on console gaming, rather than 2 sites: ps3 / xbox only.

I know its been awhile since the first idea, so it be interesting to see what you think and if your still willing.

bozo64r Level badge

Posted 7 years ago.
Sorry for the absence again, I will only be able to post every know and again, until I sort a new CPU out. This one is starting to screw up.

Do you think it should be white and green or black and green?
- The White tiger

White and green.

The PS3 site already has a large list of games for the ps3, however this section could be expanded on, so each game could be tagged with ps3, xbox or both.
- Roguey

I like this idea... also decreases bandwidth... (I think)

Roguey Level badge

Posted 7 years ago.
Sorry to hear about your PC, hopefully ur be able to get it sorted soon - maybe ask santa? Xmas

The idea about 1 site isnt really about reducing bandwidth, but a way of all of us working on the same site. Lets face it, there arent that many of active users here atm, so dividing us up is a bad way idea methinks. If we all got consoles, some news will be for both consoles anyway.

I feel like ammo was a bit of a lost cause, thanks tiger for doing what you did for ammo. I am not going to close ammo btw.

Posted 7 years ago.
The idea about 1 site isnt really about reducing bandwidth, but a way of all of us working on the same site. Lets face it, there arent that many of active users here atm, so dividing us up is a bad way idea methinks. If we all got consoles, some news will be for both consoles anyway.
- Roguey

I agree, maybe we should follow up that idea.

I feel like ammo was a bit of a lost cause, thanks tiger for doing what you did for ammo. I am not going to close ammo btw.
- Roguey

No problem Roguey, actually I see the whole C&C community is kinda frozen or maybe in a coma somehow, it's not just Ammo, there are some other C&C sites that have been inactive for a while as well.

Roguey Level badge

Posted 7 years ago.
I agree, maybe we should follow up that idea.
- The White tiger

Ah good - im glad you like the idea. I did send you an email with the link to the new site. However its going to take me awhile to convert/update the code from the PS3 site. However I do plan on pushing coding a lot more further - so more can be done. I hope you and bozor are still keen on posting stuff for the xbox.

as for the C&C community it is a real shame - EA looks like they basically killed the series. Oh well, it was great when it lasted.. Cry

Posted 7 years ago.
Ah good - im glad you like the idea. I did send you an email with the link to the new site. However its going to take me awhile to convert/update the code from the PS3 site. However I do plan on pushing coding a lot more further - so more can be done. I hope you and bozor are still keen on posting stuff for the xbox.
- Roguey

It looks good Roguey, I replied thanks.

Roguey Level badge

Posted 7 years ago.
I am glad you like it, as I got some other ideas about news. I can make it so that PS3 news is coloured in red, Xbox 360 in green and games being blue. I would suggest that making games use either red or green if they are only to one console, however I feel this complexes things. This is example with 'dummy' data:

Picture

Roguey Level badge

Posted 7 years ago.
Over the past few days ive been working on the new console site. Here is some updates on whats been happening on the console site (for those interested):

- Code from the PS3 site is slowly being transferred and updated on the console site. Some code is having some major re-writes. Im not sure how much of the code will be converted, but when enough is ready the console site will take over from the ps3 site. This will not mean the site is 'finished'.

- Design of some pages is now nearly finished. However news, ps3/xbox pages still need re-designing. I want to create better 'main' pages for the index, ps3 and xbox sections.

- Coding for a new admin section is underway, which will include add/edit for news, games, links etc. News posting will be done in the admin section unlike ammo, x3tc etc. All console staff (bozor, tiger and me) will have access to the admin section. The code in the admin section is using my most advance code yet.

I will keep the ps3 site up until the console site is ready to replace it. This gives me time to work on the code, so to make it the best as possible. Some of the updates are rolling out across the all the sites, so you may notice small changes everywhere.

The console site is based on 3 colours:
- Red for PS3,
- Green for XBox 360,
- Blue for games,

If anyone wants to see its current progress, just email me! Also... if anyone else is interested in being a console staff, let me know.

Posted 7 years ago.
Thanks for the heads up and these details Roguey.
It seems like each section has it's own ACP too. Smile

You need to log-in to post here.
Please log-in, then refresh this page.

« Previous | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next »