Login   ·   Register   ·   Account help   ·   Privacy policy   ·   Contact

XBox vs PS3... it's gonna happen sometime.  

Forum Index » Gaming » XBox One/360
« Previous | Page: -18 -17 -16 -15 -14 -13 -12 -11 -10 -9 -8 -7 -6 -5 -4 -3 -2 -1 0 1 | Next »

bozo64r Level badge

Posted 7 years ago.
I was waiting for someone to post something along the lines of this. The big debate of Xbox and PS3...

PS3 dose not charge... but i believe Xbox offer a lot more in terms of online capabilities... etc.

Bluray? I don't notice a difference between Bluray and HD.

Web browser. To me this is the best thing PS3 have on Xbox. If xbox had a browser it would be peeerrrrffeeeeccctttt :P

Roguey Level badge

Posted 7 years ago.
ah, one of the old questions found on many forums. Both consoles have their own places, and to be honest its good there are two. If there was only one console, then there be no completion (which is never good for us).

The PS3 service is free to join, yet from what I hear not as many capabilities as the XBox.

as for blu-ray, well.. its our best media for films. On-demand cant really touch it atm (on quality image). However you need the TV/Sound devices to make use of it. There is no-point having a blu-ray on an 20" TV with TV sound. btw blu-ray is HD, not a vs.

as for the web-browser - yea the PS3 one sucks (its even worse than IE!). Although its supposed to been updated in the last patch. I really would like to seen Firefox on the PS3 - it would be an major upgrade.

Anyway, the two have different good and bad points, and neither sucks. You just need to make a choice on which is best for you!

bozo64r Level badge

Posted 7 years ago.
as for blu-ray, well.. its our best media for films. On-demand cant really touch it atm (on quality image). However you need the TV/Sound devices to make use of it. There is no-point having a blu-ray on an 20" TV with TV sound. btw blu-ray is HD, not a vs.
- Roguey

Thought they were different. That must be why I don't notice a difference.

as for the web-browser - yea the PS3 one sucks (its even worse than IE!). Although its supposed to been updated in the last patch. I really would like to seen Firefox on the PS3 - it would be an major upgrade.
- Roguey

Fair enough, I think Microsoft should put one in on xbox Big grin

Ohh... something that just gives Xbox another edge is voice control Big grin

cjm3fl Level badge

Posted 7 years ago.
- Roguey

So true.
PS3 on a 47" screen here.

I decided on the PS3 because; it will plays damn near anything you slip in it; I was told, by those in the extreme know, that it was the better one (all around) for game playing; and that there was no additional cost after the initial purchase...monthly charges.

Everyone here is more into the games on our individual computers, so we don't game on the PS3 all that much anymore.
But we watch movies (disc) and use it a lot for NetFlix.

I have never thought to even try out the browser. Everything here is wireless...my desktop, laptop, notebook, 2 additional desktops (and the PS3) that I can connect easily enough on something with a keyboard.

The PS3 really makes Blu-Ray look fantastic and 'normal' stuff on disc looks really great too.

I haven't gotten the chance to compare mine with an Xbox. But when someone at work is selling a game system, most times they are selling an Xbox...so they can get a PS3.

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
Roguey Level badge

Posted 7 years ago.
Having a blu-ray is definitely a nice feature, however for some it maybe not be of much use (if your using your console on a small tv in your bedroom or something). So I can understand how the blu-ray is a mixed bag for some.

as for the subscription fees on the XBox, well to be honest that did put me off. I hate feeling im on a timer, as if I dont play with the console for a few days, im feeling that cost me money.

btw the browser seems a little better on the PS3 since 4.10, although its still slow to load and hates showing trophy guides lol

TheWhiteTiger Level badge

Posted 7 years ago.
I havent gotten the chance to compare mine with an Xbox. But when someone at work is selling a game system, most times they are selling an Xbox...so they can get a PS3.
- cjm3fl

It seems like some Japanese companies are mostly interested in making exclusive games for the PS3 and that is why many people are making this move.

Roguey Level badge

Posted 7 years ago.
Well Microsoft did buy a lot of titles, stopping Sony from putting them on PS3 or delaying them for an XBox port. I dont think MS has been doing this recently but earlier.
ikkoba Level badge

Posted 7 years ago.
I had the first xbox console and really played a lot of Splinter Cell on it and DOA but it failed on me after a couple of months of really heavy usage. Well I think that served as a lesson on how a gaming console hardware should be treated with rests that it really need.

Now I am on the PS3 and though the obvious upgrade, I don't think it would be a fair judgment on my part to compare the two.

I love the idea of Kinect though.

Seygantte Level badge

Posted 7 years ago.
I had the first xbox console
- ikkoba

Had? I still have one and use it.
Xbox - 11 years old and still plays Halo like a charm.
Xbox 360 - RRoD in a month and makes halos on my discs.

I hate the future.

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
bozo64r Level badge

Posted 7 years ago.
I always hear complaints about the RROD, and putting rings in disks, I have had two of them. I never had any problems.
You need to log-in to post here.
Please log-in, then refresh this page.

« Previous | Page: -18 -17 -16 -15 -14 -13 -12 -11 -10 -9 -8 -7 -6 -5 -4 -3 -2 -1 0 1 | Next »