Home Board Index » Other » Introduce yourself » I suppose I should say hello...

I suppose I should say hello...

Posted 9 years ago.
Triscopic

ɹǝʌo uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld
Although I've posted in a few places already, maybe it's a bit rude to jump in to conversations without introducing yourself, especially when there's a forum specifically for that purpose.

I've lurked on this site for more years than I care to mention, discovering the X series back in 2004 (with X2). Not sure when I discovered Roguey's site it's certainly been my go-to site for ship stats for as long as I can remember. And loft conversions*.

IRL I'm another Brit, I'm a software developer for a large software house based in the south east, and in my rapidly-diminishing spare time I work on extensions for LCDHost, an application that displays stats on the Logitech G19 keyboard's amazing but horribly underused lcd display, e.g. this G19 gaming layout for X3TC.

(*ok, I haven't really used this as a reference for a loft conversion, but I remember seeing that on the site aaaages ago)

Posted 9 years ago.
Roguey

User Badge
Please insert pizza!
Its good to see that you changed from a lurked to an poster. Welcome to the site Wave

You G19 gaming thingy looks really good, does it only work for X3TC and not X3AP?

Posted 9 years ago.
Triscopic

ɹǝʌo uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld
It should work for AP but I'm playing unmodded for the first time ever so haven't got round to trying it yet.

Posted 9 years ago.
Roguey

User Badge
Please insert pizza!
Oh right - you use an script to export the information for the plug-in to work. I guess there is no other way around it, exporting stats would be too slow.

Its a shame the x-games dont already have something like this already in them, nice work btw

Posted 9 years ago.
Alpharius77

Wrong Post... sorry

"Courage will carry you only so far; overwhelming firepower will take you the rest of the way" -- Unknown Infantryman
Posted 9 years ago.
bozo64r

User Badge
Ech mesh!
Hello and Welcome,

I stay off the X boards, I think I have had about 2 posts on there and that's it. Here you won't get grilled about anything, we are friendly community, any thing about X you don't know, feel free to ask. Big grin

Posted 9 years ago.
ikkoba

« Newbie »
Hello there! I am new to the forum though have been lurking around for quite a bit already. I am heavy on computer games though my favorites do not always revolve around strategic games. The last game I raved over a lot is F1 2011 though my interest with the sport has played a lot about it.

Though the usual Red Alert still comes up on an older computer. You just have to love RA3.

Posted 9 years ago.
Roguey

User Badge
Please insert pizza!
Hi there and welcome to the site ikkoba! Wave

« Previous | Page: 1 | Next »

You need to log-in to post here.