Login   ·   Register   ·   Account help   ·   Privacy policy   ·   Contact

Modding programs for reuinon  

Forum Index » X Universe » X3: Reunion
« Previous | Page: 1 | Next »

caffeeine Level badge

Posted 6 years ago.
can some one post a user friendly guide on how to properly use DoubleShaddow's mod prgrams for reunion i know it says to use 3ds but blender has the ablility to do the same as 3ds now i just cant figure out how to use DoubleShaddow's programs all i can do is open bob files and look at the ships ect.
A question that has puzzled me for my whole 24 years of life. If a word is in the dictonary is mispelled how do we know?
Roguey Level badge

Posted 6 years ago.
well you dont need 3d studio max, as you can use gmax either. However im not sure if blender can do everything you need - maybe it can? To use blender it will need to export to bod through dbox2 (can blender use plug-ins from 3dmax/gmax?). I guess if it cant, then you could always have gmax with dbox2, then with blender export to a file-type gmax understands, then export the model in gmax (through dbox2).

as for the programs you need from double shadow:

- dbox2 (a plug-in for gmax/3ds so you can load/export bod/scenes),
- X2 BOD Compiler (to compile/compress/decompile/decompress bob/bod files),
- Mod Manager (to build the zip like archive for your mod),
- X3 Editor (to edit types files, so you can add your ship to like types/tships),

caffeeine Level badge

Posted 6 years ago.
I dont even need that dbox2 or the x2 bod program there is a plugin and py scrip that will do that all ready in blender now what has me confused is i can figure out how to work the editor
A question that has puzzled me for my whole 24 years of life. If a word is in the dictonary is mispelled how do we know?
You need to log-in to post here.
Please log-in, then refresh this page.

« Previous | Page: 1 | Next »