Eviltoon avatar
Eviltoon  •  9 months ago  •  Beluga Liner
what is the name of the star system
therealxmp avatar
therealxmp  •  9 months ago  •  Krait Mk2
Well not max hauling but with 3 gimble hard points on top that have a full radius back to front 2 mines to drop at a time and a fighter (buy a cheap pilot and if you have to leave him behind so be it) you have some solid teeth to use. C5A prismatic shield with full shield boosters give you alot of shield strength.

Now if your on a totally safe route losing the 2 class 5 will hurt but if you do get interdicted then you launch your fighter (with cheap expendable pilot) and evade and launch mines. 164 tons really inst that bad and using same sub systems as my combat build. Could turn this into a miner real easy like to have fighter craft watching my butt when I am mining.
therealxmp avatar
therealxmp  •  9 months ago  •  Krait Mk2
going to try this as a combat build for this craft

Roguey  •  9 months ago  •  cheap survive explore (Ship build)
hmm.. so it looks that you have around 10ly less per jump, but is around 70mil cheaper? It also looks like the fuel consumption might better too? giving you an extra couple of jumps?
Bierzoman avatar
Bierzoman  •  9 months ago  •  cheap survive explore (Ship build)
Replacement for exploring Anaconda.
Sinxar  •  10 months ago  •  Egosoft reaches 30 years old; some X4 info
No real context of the screenshots, but I guess they look OK. Although it could be my imagination but some of them seem to have some strange looking lighting going on like this one:
Picture Something about it just doesn't look quite right to me.

They are doing live streams, how about some video already! I mean seriously, just screenshots? Is it still 1995? Did I dream its 2018 and literally everybody and everything has a way to record video?
DarthStonerDad avatar
DarthStonerDad  •  10 months ago  •  Dolphin
Just a fun passenger run build...currently make a couple mil stacking 1-5 jump one-way clients
gogath avatar
gogath  •  10 months ago  •  Anaconda
Explorer with engineering 60.50ly
Fulgrymm avatar
Fulgrymm  •  10 months ago  •  Yaki Advanced Chokaro
It's given as a potential reward for the stopping the war plot.
Scizom avatar
Scizom  •  11 months ago  •  Yaki Ryu
Not my first choice in TL, but sometimes my first TL. If you find yourself capable of affording a TL, but not having enough reputation to get one, the Yaki Ryu may be the answer. If you get them drunk and high, the Yaki will sell you anything, even a TL.
Do not underestimate the importance of being able to get a TL in your fleet. A good TL can be used to manipulate markets like an M2 can manipulate combat.
Being of Yaki design, it tries to be a Warshhip/TL, which makes it less than desirable for either role, but it is still a TL. Get one early to secure your financial freedom. Once you have the reputation for your TL of choice, leverage it's value to buy another or use it as a ship carrier/supplier.
Scizom avatar
Scizom  •  11 months ago  •  Teladi Vulture
While docked at the Stock Exchange, a Vulture pulled in next to me. A few 80's clad women got out and danced around while harassing all the shopkeepers on the station. Then they tossed the Vulture's keys to me. We took a spin around Seizewell and they helped me buy a new suit. After a night on the sector, they brought me back and I wondered, "Did that just happen?"
As it turns out, it didn't. It was simply the fact that the dressy front end and sleek helm of the Vulture line of ships reminds me of the ZZ Top Eliminator Hot Rod.
Unfortunately, the Vulture is as far from a Shipping Hot Rod as it can get. It's only outstanding feature, other than looks and a bridge crew of 80's dressed dancing women, is it's strong hull. A hull so strong that it weighs down the ship to a slow un-maneuverable show piece. This ship flies at the speed of Raster Oil in Januzura. It has as little shielding as you could put on a vessel carrying goods, and still claim it's protected. All of which leads me to believe the Teladi are more interested in profits from filing an insurance claim on lost goods and destroyed ships than legitimate trading.
Scizom avatar
Scizom  •  11 months ago  •  Paranid Demeter
When The Duke needs to move some goods, he chooses the Demeter.
The Demeter Freighter is the best deal in X3AP. The reason is simple. If you fly the north central Teladi region of space, The Duke will give you a Free Demeter Freighter every two or three hours. He's just handing them out like they're candy. You may need to do some convincing that you are worthy of a Free Demeter, but I'm sure you can find a way to "talk" him out of one.
The Demeter is fast, but I don't find it as enjoyable to fly as the Mercury. Let's face it, if you are gathering up some Free Demeters, you no longer have the intention of flying them. You have a trade empire to run, or pirated ships to sell. You're way too busy pulling triggers to be flying a freighter around.
Bottom line, if it's good enough for The Duke's goods, it's good enough for mine.