VerboseCommenter  •  5 months ago  •  Yaki Kariudo
If you want a slightly safer variant of the exact same model, use the Deimos at the expense of hangar space.

The picture used above is incorrect, as it displays the profile of the Paranid Agamemnon M7. The picture used for the Deimos' entry on the site is correct, though, if you want to oggle it.
VerboseCommenter  •  5 months ago  •  Paranid Agamemnon
Very capable answer to the likes of the Thresher and Griffon.

I stuck on a full load-out of Energy Chainguns and filled its cargo space up with ammunition and some Wasp and Hurricane missiles. Damn, did it eat any and all fighters in its way. I find that the only issue with this craft is the lack of choice of heavy weapons.
VerboseCommenter  •  5 months ago  •  Paranid Agamemnon
[Comment removed]
VerboseCommenter  •  5 months ago  •  Paranid Ares
Overkill. If used correctly, one measly M8 (bomber-fighter) can be used to level an entire sector of appreciable size...this gives you far more leeway to level any sector with ease.
VerboseCommenter  •  5 months ago  •  Yaki Hoshi
Grabbed one because Hoshi is the dayuuuuuum guuuurl-est chick in Star Trek and you all know it - and yes, sexier than T'Pol.

The ship isn't as pretty to gawk at, though, unfortunately.
VerboseCommenter  •  5 months ago  •  Argon Medium Orbital Weapons Platform
I spawned these in using the script engine, not using the mod' at the minute. I've taken up residence in Olmancketslat's Treaty (north of Brennan's Triumph, south of Bala Gi's Joy), which I am led to believe is supposed to be some sort of movement route for daring traders, weapons dealers and more notably pirates. I wiped out the groups that seemed to inhabit the area and noticed that every so often a new group of pirates would appear at either gate to attack whatever property that I'd left in it - so I originally went stumbling for lasertowers.

Then, of course, I discovered that the weapons platforms can be spawned in as a type of ship at specific co-ordinates, or for tractoring to location. I'm not sure how the game's AI works (or in some cases, doesn't, *ahem*), but as soon as I placed one in the sector, hostile factions simply haven't dared to come in. It could be coincidence, but I like to think that word passed out by friendly factions shook some boots.

Long story short - I have NO idea how effective they are. I'll update when I find out...even if it means spawning an enemy fleet in. >:] Note: all equipped with Tornado missiles, full relevant shielding and full Incendiary Bomb Launchers.

Update: they work. So much so that the Argon faction has built two stations in my sector, now.
VerboseCommenter  •  5 months ago  •  Terran Freight Drone
I spawned a couple for my Deimos to increase its application in the X universe, being unable to hang a normal TS/P freighter. They're fast and efficient until combat involves them. When that happens, you can gather how well it goes for them.
VerboseCommenter  •  5 months ago  •  Boron Megalodon
I know a lot of you here might not want to be scripting your way through the universe, but if this ship is far too slow for you to want, then perhaps issuing an over-tune would help you choose it. It can only be given up to six tunings on the engine (speed; not strictly acceleration) and rudder (yaw and pitch; not strictly roll), so using the 'install' script command will let you increase the maximum of either at your own discretion. Here's an example for a standard over-tune script to select a target object upon running it;

001 = [THIS] install 30 units of Engine Tuning
002 = [THIS] install 20 units of Rudder Optimisation
003 return, null
<New Line>

As far as I know, using the 'add' script won't have the same effect - only adding the total you specify in the command, but installing the maximum for the object...which is six a-piece. For those of you who have never done this before, try not to go overboard with the numbers - or forget about the AI driving your experimental ship. 30 should just about double its total engine and rudder performances (or just under), and I think anything beyond it will quickly start to feel unrealistically over-powered. You might even call it a day for 20 specifications of rudder optimisations.
VerboseCommenter  •  5 months ago  •  Argon Titan
I've seen a lot of X3ers mentioning their usage of the Titan, but oddly, nobody called it here. Ah, well.

Don't kid yourself - this'll flatten most objects that stand up to it, unless of course you're playing in X - Reunion, in which case, you'll eventually notice that during your indiscriminate barrage of Titans being launched against Argon Prime, they are stopped by Argon One. Argon One is indestructible, and I couldn't find a patch or work out how to stop that without deleting the bastard full-stop. Grab Terran Conflict or Albion Prelude - it's no longer invincible.

Remember this - a properly outfitted Titan is end-game. More than two Titans is end-game.
VerboseCommenter  •  5 months ago  •  ATF Valhalla
The word 'ridiculous' doesn't seem to have meant anything to the ATF, who were obviously hell-bent on watching the world burn.
VerboseCommenter  •  5 months ago  •  Goner Aran
"...the Aran is a great asset to the Goners" termed loosely, of course. It is a space-worthy brick of sorts, being outfitted with no armaments - which I find a ridiculous concept where religion is concerned.

SHOTS FIRED!

Only joking. It doens't have any guns.
VerboseCommenter  •  5 months ago  •  Boron Ray
Have you ever been chased by one in a hull-damaged M3/4/5? It's bloody scary.

Existing user
Please enter in your username and password below;

New user? to join the site please register.

Need some help?