blarkin58 avatar
blarkin58  •  1 year ago  •  The X4 presentation
This looks... Well... Better than Rebirth...

Don't get me wrong. I would dove this game to be amazing, but it seems like they are doing everything in their power to make the game seem as small as possible.

For instance. We already know that they are likely to cut the Borons out. Why? They are the second most iconic race in the whole game imo(First are Telady of corse). And what about the interiors? As a person who does some 3D, I know that designing a single interior is about 10 times harder then creating a ship. Are they trying to waste time? How should I believe that they are going to create this amazing huge space, when I know that they are not even trying?
Orbot avatar
Orbot  •  1 year ago  •  The X4 presentation
I really liked what they showed and talked. X Rebirth pushed economy a step forward from X3 and X4 seems to push it even further - more depth the better.
Roguey  •  1 year ago  •  Ship compare
well I did update the values to their maximum values, or best case. Hopefully they are correct.
Sparks avatar
Sparks  •  1 year ago  •  The X4 presentation
In case anyone is interested in some pictures taken at the X-Con, TVCD has kindly shared many with us.

Details can be found here.
rankalee avatar
rankalee  •  1 year ago  •  The X4 presentation
Roguey came back, back again... :P

Going into this one cautiously after the catastrophe known as Rebirth. After watching their presentation it seems like they finally understand why everyone was so angry and are now trying to right that wrong with a true sequel... to be honest I didn't even know they could even recover from Rebirth and thought that would be the end of them... but yet they are still able to have funds to go on an create X4... but here we are.. they must have sold decently enough of that trash lol. Anyways, features does sound good and closer to what we all wanted in the first place, but I'm going to wait until its out and properly reviewed by long time fans before I decide to buy it. It still is using the god awful Rebirth engine and still not sure about the whole 1st person thing of Rebirth as well, just seems like wasted dev time to me. Please don't fuck this up again.
Hylax avatar
Hylax  •  1 year ago  •  The X4 presentation
personally I liked the empire building of a trader and the fact that you could have a whole fleet working for you. X3R had a great community building add-ons making the game very immersive. I have been a player since X2 and was very disappointed in Rebirth. Hope we get back to the original concept of X3-R.
Mikoto avatar
Mikoto  •  1 year ago  •  The X4 presentation
Hello, i'm confused, i simply loved the graphic (design) of the old game. I loved it the most in X3 TC / AP with the Boron ship or the unique you could find between Split and Paranid. Now, i feel they didnt had idea, and looked at other game like Astroneer or No Man Sky. Its completely different and i don't think i will like it. At least from what we can see there
MacRaven avatar
MacRaven  •  1 year ago  •  Ship compare
Love it bud

Sinxar  •  1 year ago  •  The X4 presentation
neat stuff
MacRaven avatar
MacRaven  •  1 year ago  •  A first look at X4 tomorrow
Yea i hear you Sinxar i feel the same,only time will tell,i hope they are listening to the community,but that being said you can fly every ship in the game that's going in the right direction.
MacRaven avatar
MacRaven  •  1 year ago  •  The X4 presentation
Wow,first person view and finally fly every ship,sweet but not holding my breath.But i will probably buy after the reviews come out.Looks like a step in the right direction.
Sinxar  •  1 year ago  •  A first look at X4 tomorrow