Master_Zoen avatar
Master_Zoen  •  1 year ago  •  Diamondback Explorer
The Ship/Cargo stat is wrong. It should be 260 tons. In the long range quick build the ship should have a mass of 328 tons with a full tank and a jump-range of 37.55 (262.84), not 366 tons and a range of 33.65 (215.36).

This means that the stat's for my Carbonized Wanderlust build are wrong here as well.
work22 avatar
work22  •  1 year ago  •  The X4 presentation
Hoping Egosoft goes back to their roots with X-3 style for the new X4 foundations. But we'll see. Hopefully they are not going to be stubborn but focus and listen to the community. Crossing my fingers! thanks for the site too Roguey, been a great oen over the years!

Master_Zoen avatar
Master_Zoen  •  1 year ago  •  Anaconda Explorer (Ship build)
Switch the Power Plant for a 5A. It's lighter, generates more power, has more integrity, and has better heat efficiency than the 6D.
AshRender avatar
AshRender  •  1 year ago  •  defiant (Ship build)
I've only just gotten started in Elite but after grinding cash bounty hunting, I have worked up to this build and I am very satisfied with how it performs in RES, especially with help from the feds, but I can take down some pretty beefy ships solo by staying where they can't hit me and plinking away with the pulse lasers. The 5A thrusters are awesome in this ship. There are power issues and I keep the cargo hatch unpowered at all times. The FSD and non-combat-essential loose power with weapons deployed. I haven't lost this bird once yet, which would hurt my newb wallet with that 1.1 mil rebuy. :-)
Master_Zoen avatar
Master_Zoen  •  1 year ago  •  Bald Bruiser (Ship build)
This is all standard gear, nothing engineered. Turreted weapons do less damage, but have lower power draws off both the Power Plant and the Power Distributor allowing them to fire much longer, almost 3 times, than the Fixed or Gimballed varients. For me, that is more useful than extra damage.

I tested this build in the HiRes around Firsoff Orbital of HIP 8758. Power was set to Shields 4, Engines 1, Weapons 1 and wasn't changed for the 2 hours that I was hunting. This build was able to solo a Dangerous Cobra MKIII without shields failing and didn't run out of weapons charge before he died. It was also able to scavenge kills of the Space Cops wings with ease. A couple of targets were killed by the Space Cops before I could finish scanning with Kill Warrant Scanner and so I didn't get the kill. The only real problem is the limited ammo for the missiles, but they were able to steal kills quite often so they were useful enough that I won't change them.

There is an empty C1 slot in the Optional Internals that isn't listed on the site page, in addition to the C1 that is occupied by the Planetary Approach Suite in Horizons DLC.
Master_Zoen avatar
Master_Zoen  •  1 year ago  •  Bald Bruiser (Ship build)
This is all standard gear, nothing engineered.

I tested this build in the HiRes around Firsoff Orbital of HIP 8758. Power was set to Shields 4, Engines 1, Weapons 1 and wasn't changed for the 2 hours that I was hunting. This build was able to solo a Dangerous Cobra MKIII without shields failing and didn't run out of weapons charge before he died. Ti was also able to scavenge kills of the Space Cops wings with ease. A couple of targets were killed by the Space Cops before I could finish scanning with Kill Warrant Scanner and so I didn't get the kill. The only real problem is the limited ammo for the missiles, but they were able to steal kills quite often so they were useful enough that I won't change them.
Roguey  •  1 year ago  •  Anaconda Explorer (Ship build)
looks like a good exploration build to me Smile
Koni avatar
Koni  •  1 year ago  •  shining of ekonii (Ship build)
All engineered modules. Final jump range is 62.69 ly
Matthewnhecht avatar
Matthewnhecht  •  1 year ago  •  Anaconda
I'm pretty sure the jump range is wrong.

Master_Zoen avatar
Master_Zoen  •  1 year ago  •  Viper Mk3
The hardpoint positions are incorrect. The class 2 slots are on the underside, the class 1 slots are on the top side. Also, the 2E Beam Laser (Turret) only uses 0.93MW of power.
Master_Zoen avatar
Master_Zoen  •  1 year ago  •  Eagle Mk. II
The Eagle's Internal Compartments are incorrect. There are another two C1 slots, one of which is devoted to a Planetary Approach Suite. I'll have to check and see if the others are missing slots in my build ideas.
CMDRMartyn avatar
CMDRMartyn  •  1 year ago  •  assx (Ship build)
Working up a exploration build of the Assault Ship. Still not super-familiar with things, so this is just the first iteration. Very open to suggestions. Will definitely need to be engineered some.