plchung3 avatar
plchung3  •  2 months ago  •  The X4 presentation
In fact the graphics doesn't look that great. Feel more or less similar to XR. But that's not the key point anyway.

They still show some details like "walk in the station" etc in fact these stuff are fun for the first few times but it gets repetitive and everyone would want to replace them by a simple menu or hot key.

As the tradition of egosoft at release the game would likely be in the alpha-test stage. I would rather wait for a few patches before buying. The experience of pre-ordering XR was just way too bad.
TJR89 avatar
TJR89  •  2 months ago  •  Keelback
Hi Smile best places to get the fighter bay module?

blarkin58 avatar
blarkin58  •  2 months ago  •  The X4 presentation
This looks... Well... Better than Rebirth...

Don't get me wrong. I would dove this game to be amazing, but it seems like they are doing everything in their power to make the game seem as small as possible.

For instance. We already know that they are likely to cut the Borons out. Why? They are the second most iconic race in the whole game imo(First are Telady of corse). And what about the interiors? As a person who does some 3D, I know that designing a single interior is about 10 times harder then creating a ship. Are they trying to waste time? How should I believe that they are going to create this amazing huge space, when I know that they are not even trying?
edqe avatar
edqe  •  2 months ago  •  The X4 presentation
I really liked what they showed and talked. X Rebirth pushed economy a step forward from X3 and X4 seems to push it even further - more depth the better.
Roguey  •  2 months ago  •  Ship compare
well I did update the values to their maximum values, or best case. Hopefully they are correct.
Sparks avatar
Sparks  •  2 months ago  •  The X4 presentation
In case anyone is interested in some pictures taken at the X-Con, TVCD has kindly shared many with us.

Details can be found here.
rankalee avatar
rankalee  •  2 months ago  •  The X4 presentation
Roguey came back, back again... :P

Going into this one cautiously after the catastrophe known as Rebirth. After watching their presentation it seems like they finally understand why everyone was so angry and are now trying to right that wrong with a true sequel... to be honest I didn't even know they could even recover from Rebirth and thought that would be the end of them... but yet they are still able to have funds to go on an create X4... but here we are.. they must have sold decently enough of that trash lol. Anyways, features does sound good and closer to what we all wanted in the first place, but I'm going to wait until its out and properly reviewed by long time fans before I decide to buy it. It still is using the god awful Rebirth engine and still not sure about the whole 1st person thing of Rebirth as well, just seems like wasted dev time to me. Please don't fuck this up again.
Hylax avatar
Hylax  •  2 months ago  •  The X4 presentation
personally I liked the empire building of a trader and the fact that you could have a whole fleet working for you. X3R had a great community building add-ons making the game very immersive. I have been a player since X2 and was very disappointed in Rebirth. Hope we get back to the original concept of X3-R.
Mikoto avatar
Mikoto  •  2 months ago  •  The X4 presentation
Hello, i'm confused, i simply loved the graphic (design) of the old game. I loved it the most in X3 TC / AP with the Boron ship or the unique you could find between Split and Paranid. Now, i feel they didnt had idea, and looked at other game like Astroneer or No Man Sky. Its completely different and i don't think i will like it. At least from what we can see there
MacRaven avatar
MacRaven  •  2 months ago  •  Ship compare
Love it bud

Sinxar  •  2 months ago  •  The X4 presentation
They are focusing on graphics and leaving the tedium as expected. Again with the highways too. Well at least there will be mod support. One of the biggest gripes I have with X:R is the absolutely terrible AI, they seem to be concerned about that on the forums but we all know how community feedback goes over with Egosoft (it doesn't). So right now I am expecting a barely playable game with most of the time spent doing chat minigames and sitting in the highway with the dumbest AI ever sitting around getting destroyed in my haulers because they are too stupid to move or fight back.

That is the general vibe I am getting from the stream and the forums. But again, we shall see.
MacRaven avatar
MacRaven  •  2 months ago  •  A first look at X4 tomorrow
Yea i hear you Sinxar i feel the same,only time will tell,i hope they are listening to the community,but that being said you can fly every ship in the game that's going in the right direction.

Existing user
Please enter in your username and password below;

New user? to join the site please register.

Need some help?