Davatar avatar
Davatar  •  2 months ago  •  Teladi Kestrel
Best buyable M5, use 4 PACs
CmdrJizo avatar
CmdrJizo  •  2 months ago  •  Orca
The Krait Mk2 is a better ship better shields and hard points and can carry more passengers, and when your bored with carrying passengers you can use it for bounty hunting
Gibby3 avatar
Gibby3  •  2 months ago  •  Frame Shift Wake Scanner
nicePicture

mldavis254 avatar
mldavis254  •  2 months ago  •  Comment on CMD Frank Kansa
Every time I think I'm retired, some fool pulls me back in.
Ghostwish avatar
Ghostwish  •  3 months ago  •  Type 7
Power plant is wrong, power distributor is wrong...
Keefan avatar
Keefan  •  3 months ago  •  Diamondback Explorer
My Diamondback Explorer has one more Optional Internal slot and there is Planetary Approach suite.
Roguey  •  3 months ago  •  Alliance Crusader
Sorry if I pronounce any of the words wrong, it can be a little confusing when ships are very similar too.

You said that the Chieftain has a larger shield slot, but both ships have class 6 slots? could you not simply fit a shield into the class 6 slot?

As for changes, sometimes things can happen between beta to release... sometimes even after too.
Warchild avatar
Warchild  •  3 months ago  •  Alliance Crusader
Roguey...mate...This is the first time I've seen you make a mistake about a ship.

The Difference between the Alliance Crusader and the "CHIEFTAIN" is the larger shield slot in the Chieftain. Its a class 6 for the Chieftain and a class 5 for the Crusader (sounded like you were calling it the alliance cruiser for some reason).
Anyway, the major difference between the Chieftain and the Crusader is that the Crusader has a Fighter bay, or can hold a fighter. The Chieftain can not.

Both the Chieftain and the Crusader both have the same exact weapon mounts and sizes in the same positions.
Engines are also in the same place.
For some reason you were confused between the Challenger and Chieftain which are different from each other.

I'll mark that up to you having been sick and med-sips going to your head Wink

Then again, you might want to look at it again, Not sure when you posted the video, but as of Dec.29 2020 the ships are very different. Might have been a snafu from Beta to normal where the ships were very different.

But overall, the only difference between the CHIEFTAIN and the CRUSADER is the fighter bay capability on the Crusader and the additional crew seat. Chieftain can have one player crew seat while the Crusader can have two Player crew.
Staglore avatar
Staglore  •  4 months ago  •  Hauler
This build is for people just starting out in their exploration career. It only has just over 20ly per jump, but that is just enough to get you going, plus a few fail-safes to give new players some room for error. (Heat sinks & AFMU).

NewtSoup avatar
NewtSoup  •  5 months ago  •  Yaki Ryu
I like this ship because it's one of the cheapest TLs out there. It's also the easiest to get. And it's the second fastest. Especially on certain game starts - it's available as soon as you have enough credits. It's a great early game mobile base with it's 12 hangars. A bit Shy on shields with only 800MJ but very handy to jump in and pick up claimed ships.

I invariably get one as my first TL and I ALWAYS build stations in Yaki space. Why? Because there's plenty of room, you can actually build rep with them unlike other pirate factions so they won't blow your stuff up and as soon as I've got the first section of the hub plot done I can link Yaki space right into core systems.

NewtSoup avatar
NewtSoup  •  5 months ago  •  Argon Mistral Super Freighter
My favourite ship still. I don't bother with other TS. CLS2 software, fight1, fight2, jump drive, Logistician Pilot, 2 PRG in each turret set to Protect Ship. Using external logistics to trade in a single ware, galaxy wide. I run several of each ware as in practical terms a ship will never serve all it's potential waypoints. So I generate them from different areas of the galaxy.

Roguey  •  5 months ago  •  Federal Corvette
thanks for letting me know, there was a duplicate entry in my xml. I have now updated the file, but cached version of the site may still contain two copies.