Kane_Hart avatar
Kane_Hart  •  2 weeks ago  •  X4 (Home)
I keep refreshing this for updates haha. I'm a horrible nerd! Hope you get more time to expand your list / thoughts. Time for bed Smile
Kane_Hart avatar
Kane_Hart  •  2 weeks ago  •  X4 (Home)
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/4 Might be what your looking for. I myself like the current ranges but then again I like the idea placing a new one near each station group. I don't want to do it more like X3 where throw center of the sector and that is it.
newaccount321 avatar
newaccount321  •  2 weeks ago  •  X4 (Home)
You can deactivate the trade overlay on the map completely with a tiny power-button under the "trade filters" tab in the top right "filter settings" menu.
Use longrange scanner MK2 while traveling to uncover the question marks, then just queue a scout to fly a route near them and lay down satellites to uncover them, the actual "explore" command is pretty useless though.
newaccount321 avatar
newaccount321  •  2 weeks ago  •  X4 (Home)
The standard flight model has autoroll enabled which causes you a align to the x-z axis automatically which makes it feel like flying a plane in casual war thunder.

There seem to be a few hidden stats on equipment, for example combat engines drain less than half the amount of shields that travel engines do when using boost.

A lot of perceived GUI issues are actually just due to the terrible tutorial.

The tutorial showed how to adjust the wares shown in the trade filter, but not how to deactivate it completely, and the legend of the map was never mentioned and it took me 18 hours to notice it. The behaviour sub-tab in the map's information tab is also never mentioned but is basically the command console and is needed so your universe-traders dont buy illegal wares and then dump them as soon as police scans them losing you millions.

It helps a lot if you think of the map as a RTS game, where you need to have satellite coverage everywhere and then select ships with pilots and use right click for queuing up orders and even dragging orders or deleting a single order in the queue.
For example, selecting a scout and rightclicking on a few places and with the "fly to" command instead of using the explore command is far more effective then the automatic explore command.

Due to the short range of satellites, you need to place them everywhere to do missions and trading, I think increasing their range will be one of the first mods i'll need.
Andrew_Gaspurr avatar
Andrew_Gaspurr  •  2 weeks ago  •  X4 (Home)
Boy, that learning curve. The GUI is awkward and the map is strangely cluttered. It's like a map with five to six info screens and a big one to the left with system infos that just covers 1/3 of the entire map. Someone has to redesign the GUI fast :-)
Other than that, I hope we'll get equipment capable of uncovering the fog of war in those systems, it reminds me of discovering of the map in a turn-based 4X game.
Roguey  •  2 weeks ago  •  X4 (Home)
thanks for posting your thoughts, they are always welcomed,

as for the rumble problem - thanks, I was actually looking for an on/off option. I havnt seen a rumble intensity before Smile
Kane_Hart avatar
Kane_Hart  •  2 weeks ago  •  X4 (Home)
I'm glad your checking out X4 I really hope things have settled down for you. I does seem that Egosoft has moved on and are looking to better the game again and go the direction better suited. Even though X4 is not perfect it's not bad for it's initial release.

I think my hardest hit issues with the game for me was mostly due to the Bindings in the game. I wanted and set my mind to it having right click to shoot my primary weapon. Well Sadly the context menu opens also at the same time. They sadly have hardcoded certain keys to the game that needs polishing asap. On top of that I had issues deleting ones I did not want so something is up there.

Not sure what you mean about GPU stats in game but I seen people post screenshots of those programs like MSI afterburner showing all the details like gpu usage, fps, etc. Not sure if that is what you mean Smile

Either way I really hope you keep going and keeping updating us and even consider giving us tips / guides even small tips to start with to get you feet wet again.

I hope you enjoy the game a lot and I will be following Smile

PS: This might fix your rumble issues in my screenshot most bottom of it:
mossfoot avatar
mossfoot  •  2 weeks ago  •  X4 (Home)
Can't wait to get started on this (have to wait till I get back to Vancouver). Even if you don't make any mods for this, I'm sure you'll have some useful info to reference. I noticed that the game even has a menu option for external information sources. Maybe third party sites like yours will end up on it? Wink
MacRaven avatar
MacRaven  •  2 weeks ago  •  X4 (Home)
I also getting frame rate drops in open space,some crash point that takes me to my desk top.But other than that im having fun with the game so far.
Roguey  •  2 weeks ago  •  X4 (Home)
thanks for the info, I didnt know. Ill have to try that later, thanks!
Pegasen avatar
Pegasen  •  2 weeks ago  •  X4 (Home)
not sure if you know this already but if you fly around stations with local scanner out (shift+2) you will occassionally hear static, try to find the static source and when you get near if you hear a transmission then thats a mission, just fly the nose of your ship in and stop, i just found a mission where i'm assisting a scientist that way.
Roguey  •  2 weeks ago  •  X4 (Home)
Dont believe hear-say; I have no plans atm for making mods. At this stage I am just playing the game slowly, reading other people opinions and trying to understand the game before writing any kind-of review. I cant comment for cycrow or LV, as I have no idea what they are up-to.