Login   ·   Register   ·   Account help   ·   Privacy policy   ·   Contact

Kepler  •  6 months ago  •  Teladi Cormorant
After some research, I think I finally figured out how to operate Cormorant correctly. First, just look at the cargo capacity. 8 000 is quite large compared to other M7Cs. M7Cs are all called 'drone frigate', so it doesn't always mean they have to use fighter, they can release shit tons of MKII drones! While Guppy, Panther, and Ariadne is specialized at storing heavy deck planes, Macanna and Cormorant is specialized at 'just-release-all' drone projection rather than utilizing deck planes.
Kepler  •  6 months ago  •  Paranid Agamemnon
To me, PSG is very difficult to use. Unless you're fighting absolutely alone, that huge area of effect can easily hit neutral ships by accident, become hostile, and eventually get killed by my turret, making the situation even more tiresome. Fighting alone seems only occur in Xenon sector. Since PSG is only the Paranid's advantage, I naturally do not prefer to use Paranid ships. Because if I don't use PSG then I'm wasting its advantage. Wierd and exotic design habit of Paranid only make me more uneasy to them.
Kepler  •  6 months ago  •  Khaak Destroyer
It's really scary to confront. Mostly because the sound it makes when the beam hits my ship. Then there's an advantage to Khaak that they never misses target, so you need to be in hurry before it starts scratches on your armor plating.

I don't have any good feeling about this thing. Probably because I primarily drive M6 which is impossible to win this in pure firepower battle. Even in M7 it is still hard to beat. Our little friend missile is a great help, so don't enter combat without it if your ship is not an equal of its class...
And don't even think about deploying fighters onto this unless it's a cheap disposable kind of fighter...
Kepler  •  6 months ago  •  Argon Boreas
Yay, purchase to win the game! AFAIK it was over 100 mil credit on OTAS shipyard.
Kepler  •  6 months ago  •  Split Python
It's the buffs! Additional 2 GJ shield and much more guns to attach! But no available flak slot, nor accurate weapon slot like PRG means you don't dive into fighter swarm alone. What? EBC? It's a good flak alternative yes. However I personally don't like refilling ammos so that's not my case...
Kepler  •  6 months ago  •  ATF Tyr
You really don't always have to fill full anti-capital batteries on the front and each sides... I setup PSP only on the front and the right side. Right side because my primary hand is right hand. Then rest turrets all SSC. I only reveal front and right toward enemy capital while SSCs busy beating up enemy fighters. In this setup I can't really engage more than 1v1, but endangering yourself by doing more than 1v2 at capital versus capital is - sorry but - stupid and more of your fault. By setting up like this you can secure some space for Ecell from already cramped up cargo space, plus additional space if you equip less than 12 SSC on the other side.

But yeah, I agree there are better alternatives.
Kepler  •  6 months ago  •  Terran Osaka
AI drives like real life. So that would mean what if: X3 was real life. Exchange rate 2:1 is a serious thing especially when it comes to M2... Destroyers are expensively expensive. So that means 2 Titans are required to shut down a Osaka... But Argon is a huge country across the stars, while Terran just having one star(Sol). Right?
Kepler  •  6 months ago  •  Terran Yokohama
Only downside would be smallest cargo bay of all M7s. If you ever saw one in game, it has extremely tiny profile. Now, what'd happen if its player-controlled?
Kepler  •  6 months ago  •  Teladi Falcon Sentinel
Someone randomly sells ship at station comm. Look for money icon
Kepler  •  6 months ago  •  Teladi Falcon Sentinel
It can even survive from the most dreadful and most staggering blow. BUT NOT TWO
Kepler  •  6 months ago  •  Point Singularity Projector
You have to charge PSP shot if available. It is already powerful enough, but with enough or maximum charge, it gets extremely powerful. However turret pivot is locked during charging so pre-firing or predict-firing is necessary.
Kepler  •  6 months ago  •  Argon Cerberus
Q is more of disposable warship than main battle ship, when you think about it. They keep spawn in and try to attrition you. Attrition after attrition you at some point have to retreat. It's like T-34 during world war 2.

I know you're not serious but also Q does not possess flak weaponry in general. I remember few having them so it's a random factor I guess. Flak is energy hungry weapon but it's impossible to evade, which attrition you harder than PPC 'cause you will surely dodge them slow bullets all.