bozo64r avatar
bozo64r  •  4 months ago  •  X4 (Home)
X Multiplayer would be amazing, there would have to be a ship limit though! I always thought it would be funny if X3 was multiplayer and they had a load players release 60+ fighters from each of their M1s and see what happens...
hawkido avatar
hawkido  •  4 months ago  •  X4 (Home)
Found hidden stuff outside the "edge" of the map in Grand Exchange 1. If you fly along the jumpgate line to Nopileos' Fortune (dont use the jump gate, fly in normal space) about 800 KM from the gate start pinging, there are 3 Teladi Stations out there, and a spaghetti monster of an asteroid. I believe this is Kha'ak ruins, as I seem to remember seeing stuff like this in the earlier X3 games. no other good stuff about this area, and some of those stations might have been dynamically built as I have been putting alot of hour in. You might find other areas like this by watching for freighters heading in or out from the borders of other map zones as they are servicing stations outside the original size of the map zones, the size of that zone will compress to accommodate the new larger size.
Kane_Hart avatar
Kane_Hart  •  4 months ago  •  X4 (Home)
Looks like a Mild new MP System is coming in Smile
0001-L044.xml
<page id="30260" title="Venture Missions" descr="Text used to describe missions to other players' universes" voice="no">
Adjoint avatar
Adjoint  •  4 months ago  •  X4 to release on the 30th of November
Hello again. 13 hours logged for x4 and counting. For me I c it as a combination of XR and ED but maybe that's me Smile Till now I haven't seen any bug (except the save failed). I found the solution at the forums of X3TC though Smile I can't say that I have been much around but only between the 2 start up stations doing scanning and missions. So far so good but we will see. The only thing that I didn't like was that the plot doesn't start from the beginning of the game but ok. I love spoilers so I went around the internet and I saw what I have to do. I can't wait to be able to buy and equip any capital ship and have some wingmen with me (I hope it is possible).
Otto avatar
Otto  •  4 months ago  •  X4 (Home)
I don't know if you (or anyone) noticed this yet, but if you keep flying towards the edge of the map, the sector you're in keeps going. I was trying to methodically explore from the outer edge to the center in Argon Prime and zoned out for a second while in travel mode going towards a waypoint I put at the "edge" of the map and I just kept going past the original "edge" and it was several KM behind me.
Kane_Hart avatar
Kane_Hart  •  4 months ago  •  X4 (Home)
I keep refreshing this for updates haha. I'm a horrible nerd! Hope you get more time to expand your list / thoughts. Time for bed Smile
Kane_Hart avatar
Kane_Hart  •  4 months ago  •  X4 (Home)
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/4 Might be what your looking for. I myself like the current ranges but then again I like the idea placing a new one near each station group. I don't want to do it more like X3 where throw center of the sector and that is it.
newaccount321 avatar
newaccount321  •  4 months ago  •  X4 (Home)
You can deactivate the trade overlay on the map completely with a tiny power-button under the "trade filters" tab in the top right "filter settings" menu.
Use longrange scanner MK2 while traveling to uncover the question marks, then just queue a scout to fly a route near them and lay down satellites to uncover them, the actual "explore" command is pretty useless though.
newaccount321 avatar
newaccount321  •  4 months ago  •  X4 (Home)
The standard flight model has autoroll enabled which causes you a align to the x-z axis automatically which makes it feel like flying a plane in casual war thunder.

There seem to be a few hidden stats on equipment, for example combat engines drain less than half the amount of shields that travel engines do when using boost.

A lot of perceived GUI issues are actually just due to the terrible tutorial.

The tutorial showed how to adjust the wares shown in the trade filter, but not how to deactivate it completely, and the legend of the map was never mentioned and it took me 18 hours to notice it. The behaviour sub-tab in the map's information tab is also never mentioned but is basically the command console and is needed so your universe-traders dont buy illegal wares and then dump them as soon as police scans them losing you millions.

It helps a lot if you think of the map as a RTS game, where you need to have satellite coverage everywhere and then select ships with pilots and use right click for queuing up orders and even dragging orders or deleting a single order in the queue.
For example, selecting a scout and rightclicking on a few places and with the "fly to" command instead of using the explore command is far more effective then the automatic explore command.

Due to the short range of satellites, you need to place them everywhere to do missions and trading, I think increasing their range will be one of the first mods i'll need.
Andrew_Gaspurr avatar
Andrew_Gaspurr  •  4 months ago  •  X4 (Home)
Boy, that learning curve. The GUI is awkward and the map is strangely cluttered. It's like a map with five to six info screens and a big one to the left with system infos that just covers 1/3 of the entire map. Someone has to redesign the GUI fast :-)
Other than that, I hope we'll get equipment capable of uncovering the fog of war in those systems, it reminds me of discovering of the map in a turn-based 4X game.
Roguey  •  4 months ago  •  X4 (Home)
thanks for posting your thoughts, they are always welcomed,

as for the rumble problem - thanks, I was actually looking for an on/off option. I havnt seen a rumble intensity before Smile
Kane_Hart avatar
Kane_Hart  •  4 months ago  •  X4 (Home)
I'm glad your checking out X4 I really hope things have settled down for you. I does seem that Egosoft has moved on and are looking to better the game again and go the direction better suited. Even though X4 is not perfect it's not bad for it's initial release.

I think my hardest hit issues with the game for me was mostly due to the Bindings in the game. I wanted and set my mind to it having right click to shoot my primary weapon. Well Sadly the context menu opens also at the same time. They sadly have hardcoded certain keys to the game that needs polishing asap. On top of that I had issues deleting ones I did not want so something is up there.

Not sure what you mean about GPU stats in game but I seen people post screenshots of those programs like MSI afterburner showing all the details like gpu usage, fps, etc. Not sure if that is what you mean Smile

Either way I really hope you keep going and keeping updating us and even consider giving us tips / guides even small tips to start with to get you feet wet again.

I hope you enjoy the game a lot and I will be following Smile

PS: This might fix your rumble issues in my screenshot most bottom of it: