CaptKush avatar
CaptKush  •  6 months ago  •  Imperial Cutter
that how i mine from now on Smile hell i dont even know if its good lol
Roguey  •  6 months ago  •  Merry Christmas and a happy new year!
thanks! yea X4 could have had a little more of a discount - especially over xmas. Maybe 50% would of helped?
Sinxar  •  6 months ago  •  Merry Christmas and a happy new year!
And to you too!

I was hoping X4 would go on sale for more than 30% off. Too bad still too steep for me. Maybe in a few more years it will start getting -90% ROFL
Castor avatar
Castor  •  7 months ago  •  Krait Mk2
Hands-down my favourite ship. Tried a few larger vessels now for the likes of core mining, but no, this is it. Python felt far too sluggish. I'm going to engineer the crap out of this for jump range and more manoeuvrability. Still have space fora couple of weapons on the large slot so I can go to town on the smaller pirates that attempt to stop my mining trips. I don't mind sacrificing a bit of cargo space for a fighter hangar, either, so it's not just my guns any would-be hrassment would have to worry about. I don't know if you guys have ever actually had to fight against a small fighter as well as one or two small to medium opponents, but it sure as hell isn't fun. Those things can really move and they'll leave a sting even if you don't ignore them.

Don't get me wrong, it's combat-ready and I think it probably suits that role better than mining. Doesn't hurt to have some good bite for when you're carrying millions of credits-worth of minerals, though.

Some players complain about the cockpit view, but I don't mind it. It's not as bad as some make it out to be. There are a lot of comparisons drawn with the Python, and although people usually say that the Python is superior for fighting, I'll remind you again that the Python can't drop fighters on you, whereas the Krait can. Coupled with superior mobility, this is why the Krait has the potential to be considerably stronger and safer.

Do note, however, that the ship actually has one fewer Class 1 slot available, contrary to this site.
Castor avatar
Castor  •  7 months ago  •  Type 9 Heavy
Half the price of Cutter and more cargo. Wouldn't waste your time with the Imp. version. It's far less than than half the price when you upgrade it, as well.

Don't waste your time with this one, either, though. The overheating is utterly ridiculous and I'm unsure as to why it's in the game at all.
SKYDOG1 avatar
SKYDOG1  •  8 months ago  •  Imperial Cutter
I always engineer the lot esp. the power reactor and shield jenny.
SKYDOG1 avatar
SKYDOG1  •  8 months ago  •  Imperial Cutter
Need to save a few creds and get promoted up with the Imps first ;o)
SKYDOG1 avatar
SKYDOG1  •  9 months ago  •  Type 10 Defender
I bought one today at Strzelecki Gateway LP 7-226 ... Power and Dist were still 6E. Flogged it back as it's pretty useless with less than 8's and lost 11 million on the sale. Grrrrr!
Roguey  •  10 months ago  •  Ship build section back
not sure what you mean.
Liyanin avatar
Liyanin  •  10 months ago  •  Ship build section back
I will never have those links.
scottearle avatar
scottearle  •  10 months ago  •  Xeno Scanner
That just means nobody sells it within 50ly
surferx avatar
surferx  •  10 months ago  •  X4 (Home)
Rogey, will you evaluate the game again after the Split Vendetta is released with the 3.0 update? I think the game has come a long way to address some of your dislikes. It will get more missions, and ships and sectors -hoping you will add these to your database. JW because it's been kind of quiet here lately.