grimloki avatar
grimloki  •  1 year ago  •  The recent shut-down of the X4 site
Thanks for putting the site back up! I'm looking forward to the COH info!
Sinxar  •  1 year ago  •  The recent shut-down of the X4 site
Glad to see it is back up and the new content being added soon!
Nicodemus_Black avatar
Nicodemus_Black  •  1 year ago  •  Saroomans ship builds (Elite Dangerous)
Nice builds for the Imperial Clipper. Must have taken a while to get the Engineer mods?
Sinxar  •  1 year ago  •  X4 v4.0 and Cradle of Humanity release today
So far i've found that if using an existing save, I hope you have a very strong military. I had to go take out the Yaki already. They immediately started attacking my assets and destroying my miners. The eject feature is OK I guess, gives you a second or two to teleport somewhere if you have that unlocked, otherwise they just shoot your space suit.

Issues that I reported during the beta still aren't fixed.
Roguey  •  1 year ago  •  Pre-alpha: Mission Playthrough
I get what you mean; adding more features rather than expanding existing features. Driving on planets is great to start with, but later on tends to be for collecting materials only. There isnt much to find/explore. We still have only 1 SRV type. Why didnt we have like a light/heavy SRVs (light for fast moment but weak, heavy for attack power, but slow etc.)

It did feel like another game to me - if you get what I mean?
Sinxar  •  1 year ago  •  Pre-alpha: Mission Playthrough
Looks cool. Def feels completely different but there is nothing to really compare it to other than those surface rover missions. I'm assuming its a co-op/wing mission. I wonder what the solo ones will be like.

Being me, I have to point out the obvious. What else will there be to do? It seems to be very similar to the current rover gameplay. Get out of the ship, go do a thing. escape. Whats the difference? Just that the planets have atmosphere so you can walk on foot instead of being stuck in the rover?

But yeah its great they are finally adding atmospheric landings to the game. I've been waiting for that for a long time.
Sinxar  •  1 year ago  •  X4: Cradle of Humanity Launch Trailer
I think my expectations were too high. I was hoping for some new teasers, maybe some of the new ships. Instead we got different angles of the things already shown before. From what I could see of the new sectors, the planets look pretty great. Neptune and Jupiter look excellent. I wonder if they added any of the Aldrin things, as that has been a large part of the Terran history in the previous games.
Roguey  •  1 year ago  •  X4: Cradle of Humanity Launch Trailer
Well it looked good to me; I would say the trailer showed more the attention to detail rather than showing new features. I really like those close-ups of the stations, where you can see the small details such as football fields etc. They make it more believable as a living station rather than a box with a few docking slots.

Sure id love to see a beam weapon (on one of the captial ships) punching a hole through another capital ship; seeing the ship decompress, explosions and people flying out-to-space, but im sure the game-engine isnt capable of that.

It was a bit odd seeing the Khaak again..
Rozly avatar
Rozly  •  1 year ago  •  fdl combat (Ship build)
No fuel scoop GJ
Gibby3 avatar
Gibby3  •  1 year ago  •  python (both in one) (Ship build)
maybe a pulse wave analysers
Gibby3 avatar
Gibby3  •  1 year ago  •  Type 9 Heavy
yo u probly have it on silent running

Gibby3 avatar
Gibby3  •  1 year ago  •  robigo - sithis (Ship build)
yo just go for economy class passenger modules