Login   ·   Register   ·   Account help   ·   Privacy policy   ·   Contact

Danya avatar
Danya  •  10 months ago  •  X4 (Home)
I can help with three of your concerns:

1: The main plot starts by finding the data boxes on the hulls of space stations. Turn on scanner (SHIFT + 2) and slowly fly along the station hull. When you hear static, stop and look around for a small red 'ball' with sparks coming out of it. Fly toward it (don't run into it bc it might destroy the thing) and you'll get a COMM to press 'F'. That will either give you a perk (shown in a panel on the lower right) or kick off the mission by introducing you to Boso Ta, a Boron of all things!

2: The mission system is accessed through the map. A small orange icon appears on the stations in the map. Hover or click on them (i forget which) and the mission offer comes up. There's the usual X-stuff: give rides, deliver goods, kill things, etc.

Once you get enough Faction points you can get faction missions without looking around. From the map, choose mission manager and one of the tabs or buttons in there will let you see faction missions on offer. So far they've been a little better than the random ones.

3: Whenever you dock at stations visit the 'store' and purchase bandages, needles, and sedatives (most stations will only have 2 of these) and then go to the crafting station (so far always to the right of the vendor) and craft medical kits, then sell them to the vendor. You can easily score a million credits with ten or so transactions. From there its the usual X-grind. Autominers, autotraders, etc.

One thing I like is you can set ship behavior. I set my autominer to drop cargo if he's attacked by pirates. So far he's been attacked twice, dropped cargo, and escaped unharmed. It slows profitssss a little, but at least I don't have to replace the miner.

Kane_Hart avatar
Kane_Hart  •  10 months ago  •  X4 (Home)
No X Game will ever look / play like X3. X3 is gone and over. Their not going to remaster X3... X3 is a mess in controls. Spending an insane time learning and getting use to X4 and shortcuts I can say for sure X3 is really badly designed UI wise.
Daff avatar
Daff  •  10 months ago  •  X4 (Home)
Nothing like what i thought it would be, I was really hoping it would be a big jump up on X3AP, but sadly, it isnt and never will be, I cannot get on with the GUI, docking and interface, I did buy it, and sent it back, just don't like it at all. Ill be playing X3AP until X5 comes out, hoping that it will look and play like X3.
Adjoint avatar
Adjoint  •  10 months ago  •  X4 (Home)
Roguey, yesterday I got +10 with PAL and I became "Allied" with them (if I remember right). Maybe at tab "Factions" it would be good to change "Neutral (10)" to "Allied (10)" ? No idea what title I will get at 15 or 20.
Kane_Hart avatar
Kane_Hart  •  10 months ago  •  X4 (Home)
Sorry I take that back. Someone figured out more was able make a server with the client. They could not get the client to connect. They find hidden multiplayer screen, direct ip and the works.... Seems like Egosoft was going a lot bigger then we expected.
StevieLee avatar
StevieLee  •  10 months ago  •  X4 (Home)
Lots of likes so far. Trading competition is very tough, but sometimes there are really good deals that you need to grab when you see them. Sedatives nerfed out in 1.2, so making first aid kits no longer viable. Making money still possible on trades, but tough. BIGGEST ISSUE: Capital ships are not worth having, so I'm losing interest because whats the point if the starter ship is as good/better than anything else you can buy. Three corrections could rectify this-- 1) Don't disable shield regen (currently disabled with cooldown everytime there is a hit), 2) Limit weapon use / power based on ship size / power output, 3) Fix Weapons-- get large ship turrets to track properly, add anti-fighter weapons (CIG, Flak Array, fast tracking beam turrets) back in and scale damage appropriate for capital ships. Currently I can kill anything with starter ship given enough time, and my large ships can be killed by a pair of light fighters since they can't hit anything. This kills my motivation to play, since normally I want to make money to get more powerful ships. I've always liked M6 sized ships or armed freighters in other X games, with true capitals (M1/M2) for sector patrols, defense. Now don't need anything but a Disco to rule the world.
VeggyZ avatar
VeggyZ  •  10 months ago  •  X4 (Home)
So far, this game is pretty good! We all knew it would have bugs - at least anyone who played the last X games on/around release knew it - but this may be the most functional release they've ever had. The engine does seem solid, the graphics leave nothing to complain about, performance seems good - and most importantly it plays like an extremely polished X3.

I can't wait to see what Egosoft does in the future with this game.
Kane_Hart avatar
Kane_Hart  •  10 months ago  •  X4 (Home)
It would be a Mini game called Venture Missions. You send say a Fighter to another players world on a mission and if they come back you will be rewarded. I assume things like skins, etc.
birdtable avatar
birdtable  •  10 months ago  •  X4 (Home)
Shows how long you have been missed, forgotten how to log out ..Help needed
Roguey  •  10 months ago  •  X4 (Home)
thanks for your kind words
birdtable avatar
birdtable  •  10 months ago  •  X4 (Home)
Sure hope you take a liking to X4, you have been sadly missed.

Roguey  •  10 months ago  •  X4 (Home)
Many thanks, im find out more even when working on the various sections on the site. For example ships do not have any shield values themself, its the shield. Im not sure if you can a Teldai shield into a Argon ship yet.