mossfoot avatar
mossfoot  •  4 months ago  •  X4 (Home)
Can't wait to get started on this (have to wait till I get back to Vancouver). Even if you don't make any mods for this, I'm sure you'll have some useful info to reference. I noticed that the game even has a menu option for external information sources. Maybe third party sites like yours will end up on it? Wink
MacRaven avatar
MacRaven  •  4 months ago  •  X4 (Home)
I also getting frame rate drops in open space,some crash point that takes me to my desk top.But other than that im having fun with the game so far.
Roguey  •  4 months ago  •  X4 (Home)
thanks for the info, I didnt know. Ill have to try that later, thanks!
Pegasen avatar
Pegasen  •  4 months ago  •  X4 (Home)
not sure if you know this already but if you fly around stations with local scanner out (shift+2) you will occassionally hear static, try to find the static source and when you get near if you hear a transmission then thats a mission, just fly the nose of your ship in and stop, i just found a mission where i'm assisting a scientist that way.
Roguey  •  4 months ago  •  X4 (Home)
Dont believe hear-say; I have no plans atm for making mods. At this stage I am just playing the game slowly, reading other people opinions and trying to understand the game before writing any kind-of review. I cant comment for cycrow or LV, as I have no idea what they are up-to.
bozo64r avatar
bozo64r  •  4 months ago  •  X4 (Home)
I've managed to find two missions, each paying 150k+ in a couple of hours gameplay. It's a lot compared to the start of older X games. (Bring back BBS)
BarrenEarth avatar
BarrenEarth  •  4 months ago  •  X4 (Home)
Also wanted to tell you how sorry I am that you and several other high-profile modders/content makers have been thrust into the middle of the shitshow on Steam and the Forums.

I have seen more than a dozen people repeat the unconfirmed story that you, cycrow and LV are actively making mods for the game already and people should buy because you guys like it. I have tried to explain that (until just moments ago) you have not yet voiced an opinion and I was pretty sure you have not made plans to mod anything as of yet.
BarrenEarth avatar
BarrenEarth  •  4 months ago  •  X4 (Home)
I agree with most of your points. Solid game, game design is very good. However the GUI, bugs and the rebranded Rebirth graphics make me want to puke.
Adjoint avatar
Adjoint  •  5 months ago  •  X4 to release on the 30th of November
Hello Roguey. It is been a while Smile I remember discussing about Rebirth back in the old days Smile I don't mind paying the game even at its original price but I want this time to play the game and not become XML Specialist again .... I remember editing the XML file again and again so I can continue the story line or build the space station. Let's wait and see how it will go in the 1st days. If it wasn't X Rebirth's bad history I would have preordered it asap. No idea if there will be any special price for on Black Friday on Steam.
MrHewitt avatar
MrHewitt  •  5 months ago  •  Terran Xperimental Shuttle
What the stats fail to mention is that this thing is a bit like the USS Voyager - it has perfect Plot Armour. Dump the shields, they are pointless. I have flown this thing into innumerable M1's, 2's, 6's and 8's as well as Stations of all kinds. They WILL blow up before you do, because this ship is essential to its plot.
Of course, that means that you only have it until you run it's plot through. However, there is nothing stopping you using it to amass a significant fortune and building stations and accruing a considerable armada before you continue the plotline...
Java avatar
Java  •  5 months ago  •  X4 to release on the 30th of November
Hey Roguey! Pretty exciting huh? I think Egosoft learned their lesson and X4 will be just as fantastic as we all want it to be. I only hope that they have a lot of variety in their ships. I would be slightly upset if there were less ships than there were in X3AP. However, I understand that a lot more work goes into the new ships than the ones from previous games. Still, a man can hope. Glad to see that you're still taking care of your website, it used to be my bible, back when I was active in X3TC and X3AP
Danya avatar
Danya  •  5 months ago  •  X4 to release on the 30th of November
Roguey! I saw X4 is coming out soon and thought to myself, "I wonder if Roguey is going to be playing it?" After all, your mapping projects made the other X-Series games MUCH more enjoyable for me. I was sad when you announced you were done with Egosoft a few years ago, but I don't blame you. You were dead-on with Rebirth. Anyway, I just want to thank you again for all of your past work, and hopefully will see you busily charting away in X4!

Oh, and as for waiting. I'd suggest waiting for any X-game. I can't remember a single one that wasn't buggy and disappointing on release. Egosoft usually get's it right after a little more work. I can't imagine this one being different. I'd rather wait and love it than rush to disappointment.

Cheers!