Adjoint avatar
Adjoint  •  1 year ago  •  X4 (Home)
Roguey, yesterday I got +10 with PAL and I became "Allied" with them (if I remember right). Maybe at tab "Factions" it would be good to change "Neutral (10)" to "Allied (10)" ? No idea what title I will get at 15 or 20.
Kane_Hart avatar
Kane_Hart  •  1 year ago  •  X4 (Home)
Sorry I take that back. Someone figured out more was able make a server with the client. They could not get the client to connect. They find hidden multiplayer screen, direct ip and the works.... Seems like Egosoft was going a lot bigger then we expected.
StevieLee avatar
StevieLee  •  1 year ago  •  X4 (Home)
Lots of likes so far. Trading competition is very tough, but sometimes there are really good deals that you need to grab when you see them. Sedatives nerfed out in 1.2, so making first aid kits no longer viable. Making money still possible on trades, but tough. BIGGEST ISSUE: Capital ships are not worth having, so I'm losing interest because whats the point if the starter ship is as good/better than anything else you can buy. Three corrections could rectify this-- 1) Don't disable shield regen (currently disabled with cooldown everytime there is a hit), 2) Limit weapon use / power based on ship size / power output, 3) Fix Weapons-- get large ship turrets to track properly, add anti-fighter weapons (CIG, Flak Array, fast tracking beam turrets) back in and scale damage appropriate for capital ships. Currently I can kill anything with starter ship given enough time, and my large ships can be killed by a pair of light fighters since they can't hit anything. This kills my motivation to play, since normally I want to make money to get more powerful ships. I've always liked M6 sized ships or armed freighters in other X games, with true capitals (M1/M2) for sector patrols, defense. Now don't need anything but a Disco to rule the world.
VeggyZ avatar
VeggyZ  •  1 year ago  •  X4 (Home)
So far, this game is pretty good! We all knew it would have bugs - at least anyone who played the last X games on/around release knew it - but this may be the most functional release they've ever had. The engine does seem solid, the graphics leave nothing to complain about, performance seems good - and most importantly it plays like an extremely polished X3.

I can't wait to see what Egosoft does in the future with this game.
Kane_Hart avatar
Kane_Hart  •  1 year ago  •  X4 (Home)
It would be a Mini game called Venture Missions. You send say a Fighter to another players world on a mission and if they come back you will be rewarded. I assume things like skins, etc.
birdtable avatar
birdtable  •  1 year ago  •  X4 (Home)
Shows how long you have been missed, forgotten how to log out ..Help needed
Roguey  •  1 year ago  •  X4 (Home)
thanks for your kind words
birdtable avatar
birdtable  •  1 year ago  •  X4 (Home)
Sure hope you take a liking to X4, you have been sadly missed.

Roguey  •  1 year ago  •  X4 (Home)
Many thanks, im find out more even when working on the various sections on the site. For example ships do not have any shield values themself, its the shield. Im not sure if you can a Teldai shield into a Argon ship yet.
Roguey  •  1 year ago  •  X4 (Home)
I doubt X4 would be multiplayer, because I doubt egosoft have the man-power to pull it off. It would also change the game a lot, as we used to them being single-player.
bozo64r avatar
bozo64r  •  1 year ago  •  X4 (Home)
X Multiplayer would be amazing, there would have to be a ship limit though! I always thought it would be funny if X3 was multiplayer and they had a load players release 60+ fighters from each of their M1s and see what happens...
hawkido avatar
hawkido  •  1 year ago  •  X4 (Home)
Found hidden stuff outside the "edge" of the map in Grand Exchange 1. If you fly along the jumpgate line to Nopileos' Fortune (dont use the jump gate, fly in normal space) about 800 KM from the gate start pinging, there are 3 Teladi Stations out there, and a spaghetti monster of an asteroid. I believe this is Kha'ak ruins, as I seem to remember seeing stuff like this in the earlier X3 games. no other good stuff about this area, and some of those stations might have been dynamically built as I have been putting alot of hour in. You might find other areas like this by watching for freighters heading in or out from the borders of other map zones as they are servicing stations outside the original size of the map zones, the size of that zone will compress to accommodate the new larger size.