Andrew_Gaspurr avatar
Andrew_Gaspurr  •  1 year ago  •  X4 (Home)
Boy, that learning curve. The GUI is awkward and the map is strangely cluttered. It's like a map with five to six info screens and a big one to the left with system infos that just covers 1/3 of the entire map. Someone has to redesign the GUI fast :-)
Other than that, I hope we'll get equipment capable of uncovering the fog of war in those systems, it reminds me of discovering of the map in a turn-based 4X game.
Roguey  •  1 year ago  •  X4 (Home)
thanks for posting your thoughts, they are always welcomed,

as for the rumble problem - thanks, I was actually looking for an on/off option. I havnt seen a rumble intensity before Smile
Kane_Hart avatar
Kane_Hart  •  1 year ago  •  X4 (Home)
I'm glad your checking out X4 I really hope things have settled down for you. I does seem that Egosoft has moved on and are looking to better the game again and go the direction better suited. Even though X4 is not perfect it's not bad for it's initial release.

I think my hardest hit issues with the game for me was mostly due to the Bindings in the game. I wanted and set my mind to it having right click to shoot my primary weapon. Well Sadly the context menu opens also at the same time. They sadly have hardcoded certain keys to the game that needs polishing asap. On top of that I had issues deleting ones I did not want so something is up there.

Not sure what you mean about GPU stats in game but I seen people post screenshots of those programs like MSI afterburner showing all the details like gpu usage, fps, etc. Not sure if that is what you mean Smile

Either way I really hope you keep going and keeping updating us and even consider giving us tips / guides even small tips to start with to get you feet wet again.

I hope you enjoy the game a lot and I will be following Smile

PS: This might fix your rumble issues in my screenshot most bottom of it:
mossfoot avatar
mossfoot  •  1 year ago  •  X4 (Home)
Can't wait to get started on this (have to wait till I get back to Vancouver). Even if you don't make any mods for this, I'm sure you'll have some useful info to reference. I noticed that the game even has a menu option for external information sources. Maybe third party sites like yours will end up on it? Wink
MacRaven avatar
MacRaven  •  1 year ago  •  X4 (Home)
I also getting frame rate drops in open space,some crash point that takes me to my desk top.But other than that im having fun with the game so far.
Roguey  •  1 year ago  •  X4 (Home)
thanks for the info, I didnt know. Ill have to try that later, thanks!
Pegasen avatar
Pegasen  •  1 year ago  •  X4 (Home)
not sure if you know this already but if you fly around stations with local scanner out (shift+2) you will occassionally hear static, try to find the static source and when you get near if you hear a transmission then thats a mission, just fly the nose of your ship in and stop, i just found a mission where i'm assisting a scientist that way.
Roguey  •  1 year ago  •  X4 (Home)
Dont believe hear-say; I have no plans atm for making mods. At this stage I am just playing the game slowly, reading other people opinions and trying to understand the game before writing any kind-of review. I cant comment for cycrow or LV, as I have no idea what they are up-to.
bozo64r avatar
bozo64r  •  1 year ago  •  X4 (Home)
I've managed to find two missions, each paying 150k+ in a couple of hours gameplay. It's a lot compared to the start of older X games. (Bring back BBS)
BarrenEarth avatar
BarrenEarth  •  1 year ago  •  X4 (Home)
Also wanted to tell you how sorry I am that you and several other high-profile modders/content makers have been thrust into the middle of the shitshow on Steam and the Forums.

I have seen more than a dozen people repeat the unconfirmed story that you, cycrow and LV are actively making mods for the game already and people should buy because you guys like it. I have tried to explain that (until just moments ago) you have not yet voiced an opinion and I was pretty sure you have not made plans to mod anything as of yet.
BarrenEarth avatar
BarrenEarth  •  1 year ago  •  X4 (Home)
I agree with most of your points. Solid game, game design is very good. However the GUI, bugs and the rebranded Rebirth graphics make me want to puke.
Adjoint avatar
Adjoint  •  1 year ago  •  X4 to release on the 30th of November
Hello Roguey. It is been a while Smile I remember discussing about Rebirth back in the old days Smile I don't mind paying the game even at its original price but I want this time to play the game and not become XML Specialist again .... I remember editing the XML file again and again so I can continue the story line or build the space station. Let's wait and see how it will go in the 1st days. If it wasn't X Rebirth's bad history I would have preordered it asap. No idea if there will be any special price for on Black Friday on Steam.