built my first complex, got a few questions

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » built my first complex, got a few questions

MattMurphy

MattMurphy avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 10 years ago.

first off, i'm so sleepy, so forgive me if this is not the best english.

So I got my first complex going! Its in antigone. I was able to find some assisstant program that said hey, you need more meat and wheat, so thats my next goal.. But I'm having a few problems

First, I seem to be selling alot of my power cells, but I only have it on the buy option, also, I don't see an option to set a price to on what to sell my power cells for, the same goes for crystals, those are selling like crazy, but I need to adjust the price and I only see the option to adjust the price at which I buy them to use them.

another thing, I'm starting to make missles and shields, should I let the npc's buy and move them, or should I put a guy and set him as that complex as his home? I've never done that so I'm not sure what all it does.

the last thing I'm having trouble with is I tapped like 5 roids in antigone and I have 2 ships buying and sending power cells to them, but something is not working right cause they always run out of power..

thanks for reading and any tips are welcome! Have a good night I'm passing out now

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

hi matt, you're English is fine. Hopefully you had a good night sleep now.

First, I seem to be selling alot of my power cells, but I only have it on the buy option,

I guessing your complex has a few stations, so e-cells, crystals are they considered intermediate wares? myself, I tend to not sell them because NPC ships could buy them all; screw-up a balanced complex (as its waiting for wares).

another thing, I'm starting to make missles and shields, should I let the npc's buy and move them, or should I put a guy and set him as that complex as his home? I've never done that so I'm not sure what all it does.

Well if the complex is built in a good place, you can let the NPC ships buy the wares. NPC ships are pickie on price and can be rather slow (sometimes they can travel 15+ sectors to get somewhere).

At times you may require a ship to sell extra wares - I normally always have problems selling missiles.

the last thing I'm having trouble with is I tapped like 5 roids in antigone and I have 2 ships buying and sending power cells to them, but something is not working right cause they always run out of power..

If they are L sized mines, placed on high yields then the ships will not keep up. You could limit down there travel distance to 3 or 5 sectors (which may help). Often its not worth putting 2 or more ships on the same resource, because they tend to go to the same place, at the same time.

One suggestion is to link them together, and add a solar-power-plant to it. That way you only need to worry about finding crystals, which are much easier to transport. Aa batch of 20 or so crystals, is like 5,000 e-cells.

MattMurphy

MattMurphy avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hey thanks for writing me back! Yes I was able to figure that out and your advice worked. This game I cheated with cheat engine and got tons of cash just so I could understand how to build and maint a complex, I feel like I understand 85% of it. I'm about to start a new game with no cheating at all. I guess it took me 50 hours or playing and messing around to finally figure most of it out besides combat.. I'm so new to that, but I've been having a blast!

You need to log-in to post here.