The cockpit, thoughts?

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » The cockpit, thoughts?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Im not sure why ego suddenly started posting development videos - maybe Bernd started to wonder what was happening, so hes going around recording videos to find out?

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

It's more likely that Ego have finally twigged that the community is sick and tired of waiting for information, and so they've started with the development videos in a bid to placate all the nay-sayers Wink Personally I think they should just concentrate on finishing the game! :p

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

It's more likely that Ego have finally twigged that the community is sick and tired of waiting for information, and so they've started with the development videos in a bid to placate all the nay-sayers Personally I think they should just concentrate on finishing the game!
- Kirlack

Keeping the loyal fans is important because there are only about 100k die hard Egosoft fans. Their games normally do not break a million copies sold for a while. If they are now a backburner for Deep Silver they know they won't get much media attention. Their hope is to keep the loyalists happy as long as possible so when they release a game they get that initial 100k jump, then maybe convince Deep Silver to go full on marketing.

You have to realize that they did not make Rebirth for us, they made it for people who have no idea what a Teladi is in the first place. We are sadly getting strung along to try and drive up sales.

I saw the same thing with Eve Online a while back, they tried to get new players to come by making dumbed down and simplistic gimmicks, it backfired and they are now only starting to recover.

Fallent

Fallent avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 11 years ago.

Although Egosoft are creating their own engine for Rebirth, with that coming most of the work, I still don't understand how in their 6th year of development they are still unable to give a release date.

SC has roughly the same size team as Egosoft now working on the game (if BarrenEarth information is correct) and they are already confident enough to be giving rough estimates on release and beta testing dates.

I have the darkest fear we're all correct and this game is far from finished yet. Sad

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

I saw the same thing with Eve Online a while back, they tried to get new players to come by making dumbed down and simplistic gimmicks, it backfired and they are now only starting to recover.

Same thing happened in Guild-wars 2 too; in-turn the game didnt turn-out all that well because of the dumbing-down. I played it for awhile, but barely play it now. It was a shame, as the previous game was much better because it was much more complex.

It kind-of gets me, if the previous game did well then why totally screw with the mechanics? why please a group of new-comers and forget about the old-fans? I guess its down to money in the end, although doing such tactics surely makes it a game people buy, play for a bit then stop playing altogether? After a year or so, its forgotten about and the game disappears into the void.

Although Egosoft are creating their own engine for Rebirth

It takes a lot to create an engine from starch, has it approved too much?

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

Saints Row 4 is going to be released through Deep Silver at the end of August. That is the next big game for the publisher. They still have no information about Rebirth and claim not to because Egosoft has no information for them (Not that they would tell a nobody anyways).

If anyone wants the phone number to Pizzeria Lido where the Devs like to order their take out I can give it to you. Warning, "John" only speaks German and a little French. We should start a fund to buy info from the pizza guy Wink

Like I said before, Q2 2013 is done in 5 weeks. It takes Deep Silver about 4-6 months to market a game... do the math, welcome to 2014.

jaml

jaml avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 11 years ago.

It was not looking good at start, and even worse now.
I think Rebirth already is doomed. They lost their "war" vs Star Citizen.
Sentiments are nice but life is hard so its time to face the truth and move on - move on to RSI, to Star Citizen!
At time that rebirth will be released, star citizen will be also available for us to play, and SC offer much much more, better, up to date... Its pesimistic (to x-fans) but true. From my pov good bye x-games, welcome citizen of the stars.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me...
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

Meh. So be it. I'm quite happy playing TC, so if Ego go bust on account of their complete failure to finish Rebirth, at least I can still play my fave game :p

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
SpiritOfDeath

SpiritOfDeath avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 10 years ago.

Im indifferent to having a cockpit. My first game was X2, which had a cockpit. I moved to X3, where there wasnt one. Didn't annoy me in the slightest. So if they add the cockpit back again, i again, don't think it will bother me, as long as it still lets me shoot things and enjoy pretty explosions.

Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! *falls over*

don't look at me D:
Zackaryel

Zackaryel avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

I like it, even if I find it a little too much invading, it definately adds more depth to "being a pilot", instead of the plain old full screen like you'd have your eyeballs glued to the window ^^

« 1 2 3 4

You need to log-in to post here.