The dirty fighting thread

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » The dirty fighting thread

Akyre

Akyre avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

These tactics are pretty... well.. dirty, commends for their respective creators. Big grin

I've used my Aldrin Springblossom to 1v1 several M2 class ships, it's loaded with M/AM launchers that fire nonstop basically at the max range of 3.6km, most anti fighter weapons on capitals don't reach that far, and since the springblossom's pretty damn small, I'm usually safe.

For dealing with the hull, I do strafing runs with Spectre missles, use the Turbo Booster MK1 to get the 500m/s speed and let loose the missle right as you come towards the enemy ship. Makes a nice dent in their hull.

Until I get a Skinir, I don't think I'll be leaving this M6 anytime soon.

DangerClose

DangerClose avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

I know it's illegal, but I've never gotten in trouble for it. I sprinkle lasertowers around jumpgates I anticipate enemies coming through. They may take down smaller prey, only stalling and confusing larger ones, who then target the lasertowers before your ships. I also like to drop mines directly in front of jumpgates, dooming anyone who travels through.

thegooseking

thegooseking avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

Are lasertowers illegal in AP? I had a nice complex in Black Hole Sun in TC and put a couple of hundred lasertowers next to the Xenon gate. Took care of most of the threats and had enough firepower that I only lost a couple of towers even against large incursions. Killed the in-sector framerate, though, and sometimes the Xenon could slip past the net somehow.

Picture
reeboker

reeboker avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 9 years ago.

Seems like I'm beginning to understand how to even start playing the game. Kinda different then *cough* Freespace. I know these pages nor the forum don't get updated these days but wanted to say thanks for sharing the knowledge of how to "play".

« 1 2

You need to log-in to post here.