Xenon Q AP 2.0

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Xenon Q AP 2.0

martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 12 years ago.

I would say it was worth it. It is my favorite ship to fly right now, and is probably the best destroyer in the game.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

damn! That means ill have to try and get one sometime :P

martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 12 years ago.

damn! That means ill have to try and get one sometime :P
- Roguey

It can barrage Firestorm torpedoes. Each torpedo does 1M damage. It will level any other capital in seconds.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

If it can do an barrage of Fire-storm's, what happens if the first missile is shot-out? Hopefully each missile in the line doesnt explode, meaning it works its way back to you?

PuppyOfWar

PuppyOfWar avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

If it can do an barrage of Fire-storm's, what happens if the first missile is shot-out? Hopefully each missile in the line doesnt explode, meaning it works its way back to you?
- Roguey

Oh that would be hilarious! I think the moral of the story, and a new maxim: Don't launch a continuous stream of something with a large AOE that can trigger itself.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I guess with fire-storms they have large a long range, so you could build up a massive chain cross the whole sector. Now that would be funny.

Anticitizen1

Anticitizen1 avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 12 years ago.

Never really understood the desire to cap Xenon ships... The majority of them are below average in specs and they will cost marines to cap. Instead you can go to Terran sectors and cap the best ships in the game as long as you fry the hull polarizing device and the Internal Sentry Lasers with no marines lost. I can't see how I can be better than Kyoto, particularly given the fact that Kyoto can dock 6 m6/ts ships. Ability to barrage missiles is nice but to do that I already have the Cobra, which is twice as fast, is able to carry more missiles and can cap ships to boot.

Eventually, I will cap the Q just to get the achievement but that will probably be it for Xenon.

martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 12 years ago.

Never really understood the desire to cap Xenon ships... The majority of them are below average in specs and they will cost marines to cap. Instead you can go to Terran sectors and cap the best ships in the game as long as you fry the hull polarizing device and the Internal Sentry Lasers with no marines lost. I can't see how I can be better than Kyoto, particularly given the fact that Kyoto can dock 6 m6/ts ships. Ability to barrage missiles is nice but to do that I already have the Cobra, which is twice as fast, is able to carry more missiles and can cap ships to boot.

Eventually, I will cap the Q just to get the achievement but that will probably be it for Xenon.
- Anticitizen1

I have 2 Kyoto's and 2 I's. Trust me the I's are far better. Beyond the ability to barrage missiles (which is an ungodly power), I dominate Kyoto's with no missiles at all, and they have Wraiths. I can do this because the ship is like flying a piece of construction paper. If you angle the thin side at the enemy, they even the slightest up or down strafe will avoid all incoming fire. The Kyoto cannot do this (or at least to the same extent) since it is HUGE. Plus, since the I is so small, the turrest are all right next to each other, so you end up getting at least 2/3 of your guns on a target from any angle, and you have the ability to get all 26 PPCs focused at the same time. It not only has more firepower, it can use it more often as well.

PuppyOfWar

PuppyOfWar avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

This is reminiscent of the advantage K's had in X2, they were also relatively thin and highly maneuverable, making them the PPC scalpel of the X2 X universe. I wielded mine with pride and joy.

Rassyu

Rassyu avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 12 years ago.

I have 2 Kyotos and 2 Is. Trust me the Is are far better. Beyond the ability to barrage missiles (which is an ungodly power), I dominate Kyotos with no missiles at all, and they have Wraiths. I can do this because the ship is like flying a piece of construction paper. If you angle the thin side at the enemy, they even the slightest up or down strafe will avoid all incoming fire. The Kyoto cannot do this (or at least to the same extent) since it is HUGE. Plus, since the I is so small, the turrest are all right next to each other, so you end up getting at least 2/3 of your guns on a target from any angle, and you have the ability to get all 26 PPCs focused at the same time. It not only has more firepower, it can use it more often as well.
- martimus

i would have to agree on this,i dont have an I yet but me and my room mate came to this conclusion about our choice in the M7's we chose,i chose the thresher with its 10 PPC's its not long to kill an other M7 as for him he got a tiger,now i have better range with my PPC's he has more firepower up close because his ship is more compact than mine and his top,left and right gun can all shot his target thats in front of him.so in all he has 14 gun that shot at the same target while my thresher can have 12 at the most.

but it also come down to a personal choice.

Anticitizen1

Anticitizen1 avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 12 years ago.

Your text goes here..
I have 2 Kyotos and 2 Is. Trust me the Is are far better. Beyond the ability to barrage missiles (which is an ungodly power), I dominate Kyotos with no missiles at all, and they have Wraiths. I can do this because the ship is like flying a piece of construction paper. If you angle the thin side at the enemy, they even the slightest up or down strafe will avoid all incoming fire. The Kyoto cannot do this (or at least to the same extent) since it is HUGE. Plus, since the I is so small, the turrest are all right next to each other, so you end up getting at least 2/3 of your guns on a target from any angle, and you have the ability to get all 26 PPCs focused at the same time. It not only has more firepower, it can use it more often as well.
- martimus

Guess I'll have to bite the bullet and cap one to find out what the fuss is all about. Still I don't see it replacing the Cobra as my player ship. Once you have a big enough hammer/flail/mosquito (only need one fab)complex supplying your M7M you have a Sector Destroyer sporting some serious speed.

martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 12 years ago.

The Cobra is my player ship as well. I just think the I is more fun to fly. Those are the two ships I fly, and both have dedicated mssile complexes and CLS2 freighters to restock them.

« 1 2

You need to log-in to post here.