Tricky Situation - Damn Damn Damn !!

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Tricky Situation - Damn Damn Damn !!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

Do NPC ships use JB much? I wonder if you placed it next to a large complex if it would increase traffic?

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

I have one jump beacon, that jumps we straight to my PTNI complex, but now because of the size of the ship I am using it jumps me 40kms away. Best for me to use the gate if I am in my flagship.

I have not noticed NPCs using my JB.

martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 12 years ago.

I believe that only you can use the JB. Similar to how you can only use other races Jump Beacons when you have good standing with them.

suzukigsxr

suzukigsxr avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 12 years ago.

Evening Guys

Well.....

would you believe it !! day of capping pirates brigatines 4 of !! 2 carracks.

anyway i do believe the saying goes

"you wait for hours for a bus and then two come at once"

well i popped back into thynns abyss to kill some rogue xenon travelling up towards xenon north.

i wipe them out no surprise but in jumps another Split RRF i scan it and guess what its got another JUMP BEACON on it.

so i have decided to get my rep back up with them i am at the moment "inner circle of rhonkar" so going to creep and do a few favours before i cap the bugger !!

But it is amazing i had looked for weeks in the war zone not found 1 and in 2 days found 3 the titan in guiding star is still there sitting right near my Missle fab ( Guns )so not touching him.

suzukigsxr

suzukigsxr avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Well after i go my rep back up with split my rep only goes to 1% honored strong arm of rhonkar.

i have jumped back into thynns abyss to cap the Split RRF M2.

and guess what bugger had ran off Go nuts (chicken!!)

so i decided to pop upto tkrs deprivation and there was a M1 Raptor i scan it its got a JB on it.

and 21 Ships first go to cap the moment i hit it,

it buggers off to twisted skies.

so..... another reload

this time i am able to board my marines get to deck 2 and the bugger jumps again !!

this time to wretched skies still while my marines are still trying to board with 21ships aboard the Raptor.

so i decide to jump to wretched skies and everything is hunky dorey.

capped the M1 with another JB on it and 21 free Ships plus 7 extra marines !!!

I dropped to priveleged associate of rhonkar there was 1 police turned red but jumped my cobra out flew to local trading station bought myself another license dropped out of station police turned blue.

and my new M1 raptor is in argon prime being repaired with its new stash of Ships to boot and my second Jump Beacon.

I have found the jump beacon of great help when i dragged my second Xenon I off the grid. and other caps i dragged them off the grid drop the Jump beacon bring cobra in and cap them.
Alien Dance 1 Alien Dance 1 Alien Dance 1

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

this time to wretched skies still while my marines are still trying to board with 21ships aboard the Raptor.
- suzukigsxr

Wait, if you cap a carrier ship, its owned fighters become yours also? Damn, I wish I'd know that earlier. Up until now the first thing I've done has been blitzing any hostiles in the area!

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
Rassyu

Rassyu avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I have found the jump beacon of great help when i dragged my second Xenon I off the grid. and other caps i dragged them off the grid drop the Jump beacon bring cobra in and cap them.
- suzukigsxr

can you pick up the jump beacon once you are done?

suzukigsxr

suzukigsxr avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Seygantte

your question yes it seems the case i have capped another M1 from the Yaki that had red ships inside they normally legged it once capped.

it seems if you have a good relation with the faction i am assuming they won't turn against you.

and obviously collect them.

Rassyu

you asked can you pick the Jump Beacon up ?

Yes its like any other thing you would drop. Eject it pick it back up.

martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 12 years ago.

Wait, if you cap a carrier ship, its owned fighters become yours also? Damn, I wish I'd know that earlier. Up until now the first thing I've done has been blitzing any hostiles in the area!
- Seygantte

The ships do not transfer over to you, but you can sell the carrier with them onboard, and you make the profit from the docked ships as well as the carrier.

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

The ships do not transfer over to you, but you can sell the carrier with them onboard, and you make the profit from the docked ships as well as the carrier.
- martimus

If you were to recycle at the carrier at the PHQ, would those ships also be recycled?

martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 12 years ago.

If you were to recycle at the carrier at the PHQ, would those ships also be recycled?
- Seygantte

I have not tried that. I built a small complex that provides all the material I need, so I dont worry about it now, but I did recycle 4 Zeuses and a few Brigantines and Galleons to seed the stock.

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I have not tried that. I built a small complex that provides all the material I need, so I dont worry about it now, but I did recycle 4 Zeuses and a few Brigantines and Galleons to seed the stock.
- martimus

Do you have a schematic for that complex and a suggestion for which sector to build it in? I'm rather new to complexing so one would be appreciated, as I'm not finding it easy to find sources close to my PHQ. So far I've only built one in Avarice to supply my Cobra, so I'm not exactly pro at it.
My design:
http://tinyurl.com/cpx5jdx

Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 12 years ago.

If you download the PHQ production costs table from the stickies on the Egosoft website you'll be able to figure out that the PHQ uses:
1,693 e-cells, 53 Teladianium, 18 Cloth Rimes, 36 Rastar Oil, 71 Ore, 53 Silicon Wafers, 18 Crystals, 18 Quantum Tubes, 18 Computer Components and 36 Microchips per hour.
For mine I built This complex (minus the wheat farm and rimes factory which I can't get yet) in Megnir.
Picture
I'm considering expanding the the Microchip production as this seems to be the major hold up so far as repairs and ship building are concerned.

edit: just checked my own calculations and I'm only producing a bit more than half the microchips I want.
2 more chip plants should do it but they will need food...

Somewhere out there is a Cobra Mk III with my name on it.
It isn't mine, some rando actually wrote my name across the side of his ship...
Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Thanks for the blueprints. I'll have to make modifications because the Terrans kind of hate me, but it's a massive help.

martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 12 years ago.

Do you have a schematic for that complex and a suggestion for which sector to build it in? I'm rather new to complexing so one would be appreciated, as I'm not finding it easy to find sources close to my PHQ. So far I've only built one in Avarice to supply my Cobra, so I'm not exactly pro at it.
My design:
http://tinyurl.com/cpx5jdx
- Seygantte

This is the complex I built: http://www.altanetworks.com/x3/x3apocc.html?factories=sim,Argon,L,1,72;bgf,Boron,M,4;bfcl,Boron,M,4;spp,Boron,L,1,215;xtlf,Boron,M,4;spp,Boron,M,1,215;tf,Teladi,M,1;rf,Argon,M,1;rr,Split,M,1;qtf,Argon,S,1;chp,Argon,S,4;csa,Split,M,1;wf,Argon,M,1;cr,Argon,M,3;cb,Argon,M,3;cmp,Argon,S,1;om,Argon,M,1,8&sector=117

I think I may have altered it between when I initially designed it (the link above) and when I actually implemented it, but I can't remember. I do know that I actually import Crystals, Silicon Wafers, and e-cells from other already up and running complexes to ensure that this one doesn't run low on those while producing the other components.

« 1 2

You need to log-in to post here.