Damn pirates.

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Damn pirates.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 10 years ago.

So I've just acquired the sector Blue Horizon, (nicked you idea Roguey:P) and I am sick of the pirates, I've not got many ships. I have as my main ship a Panther Hauler (M7) and my other ships are an Acriynox Prototype (M6) and a Taladi Albatross.
It is not enough to defend this sector, I planned to move my pHQ into the sector and there were constant pirates coming though first an M6, then an M1, and as we are speaking I damn M2! It's a nightmare, I managed to destroy the M1 (just...) now i've got an M2 to fend off.
Any ideas?

I am currently looking into getting an M8 and cramming it with missiles.

At present I am sitting on about 65million credits, I have finished all the plots except Corporation trouble which I nearing the end of.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

hmm.. I didnt have too much problem with pirates in that sector. Although I did have quite a big fleet by the end of it. Is it really that busy over there?

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Aye it is. After destorying that M2 it seemed to of died down, I am building my fleet up slowly. I plan to pay a visit to Void of Opportunity and flatten it.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Any pictures of the area? often Void of Opportunity is quiet for me.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Ever since I destroyed that M2 it seemed to have been quiet. I have a think and when I did the final mission in the Breaking Ground plot, during the journey through VOO (Void of opportunity) there was an M1 and an M2, I ignored them defending the Terrecorp Science Ship, so when I jumped out of VOO through to Blue Horizon they must have begun to follow and it took them long enough that when I started setting up in the sector they came through from VOO.

jjhawk

jjhawk avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 10 years ago.

Like the Op I found the pirate sector a nighmare and like him my largest ship is the Panther.. To be honest the sector you get given (I took the name Morningstar as I'm an rpg nut) Is horrible to begin with with crappy low yield asteroids and wish I had just ignored it to begin with. It's bad enough having to fend off xenon invasions going through the hub as it is from Zarth's Dominion and we are talking J's with 2-4 Q's at times, Grand exchange is a wasteland on my game.

Anyhow to fix the problem I linked a gate to Preidents End / Elana's Fortune and now I have Argon, Boron and Teladi patrols coming through my sector constantly so the pirate problem is now fixed.

I have my Panther In a wing with a single Auster hauler (OTAS missile spamming ship with 600 mj's of shields) the Panther is full of fighter drones with missile probablilty set to 80% and anything that tangles with them two are toast In seconds.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I have to admit the gate hub has helped alot.

I am trying to balence my trade and combat at the moment, I even contemplated selling my M7 knocking back to the Xperimental Shuttle and concentrating on trade.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Odd you guys are having so many problems in that sector. Id thought it would be fairly quiet there.

jjhawk

jjhawk avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 10 years ago.

Nah it's a horrible sector placement for setting up base as my traders have to leave the sector for supplies.... and that means ships getting wiped out by Terrans every 5 minutes as I don't know how to make commercial rep traders boycott certain sectors like you can with mkIII traders.

Seriously planning on scrapping the game and playing my Teladi start..

P.S Roguey..... could you possibly add them tender class ships to AP.. I soo soo miss them from your Reunion mods..

AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Don't have much red traffic in my own sector, but it would be a huge problem at the moment as I am spending days in UFJD and wouldn't want to jump back quickly as I would lose the Aamons, Novas and #deca.cefas that are searching! Using the Gate Hub(jjhawk) seems a very good tactic, but I'll probably leave a few M8 Bombers just in case.

@jjhawk if you mean your CAG traders ....... select one, summon the Control Console for it, press 3 (Trade), choose Start commercial representation, select Exceptions, select Sector List Type until it is shown as (Blacklist),select above that Sectors and then choose Add Sector which lets you click on the main map to identify the sector required. Continue to add all the sectors you don't want your guy to go to, THEN using the double chevron near the top left corner go back 2 screens and after selecting Data storage enter a name for your list so that it can be saved. This is a bit long winded but you can then choose your other CAG traders in turn and from their 'Data storage' Load the Data of prohibited sectors that you've named for the first one. The initial time spent is worth it if,like me, you can't stand losing trained staff!

I am an Alien!
Admetes

Admetes avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

This was one of the reasons I did NOT move to the Blue Horizon sector. I still have the option available but not sure what to do about it.

My PHQ is next to Legends Home (pretty handy) and my Corporation HQ is next to a Paranid Border Sector below in an Unknown sector. (not sure about the name).
My CHQ is sometimes patrolled by pirates, but is tend to be ignored gladly and my PHQ is always taking benefits of the military presence of Legends Home.

Moving to a sector as Argon at war with terrans, between a Pirate sector "Void of Opportunity" (where sometimes some capital ships roam around) and Heretics End where war rages full on aint a good idea, I would feel claustrophobic.
600% energy production speed is certainly interesting to consider but not sure if worth it.
My save game is still relatively new (around 200 hours played) and I have no means yet to defend properly a sector in THAT position.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Owning your own sector sounds exciting but after you get one, youd probably start to wonder what it actually does; very little. So I understand why you dont want to put your stations in there. Then as you guys kind-of said, you got to defend it yourself.

P.S Roguey..... could you possibly add them tender class ships to AP.. I soo soo miss them from your Reunion mods..

how come? what are you trying to do, that you could do with the tender class?

Admetes

Admetes avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Owning your own sector sounds exciting but after you get one, youd probably start to wonder what it actually does; very little.

- Roguey

Yep that sums it up . At first you think : wow that would be quite good. Then you get it and you think, erm no I pass.

Scott

Scott avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

In x3 tc I used my own sector to build what ever I wanted.And wait for them to come to me for out.As far as sector sec.goes did fave a problem once but some laser towers solved that. The pirates have me several Carrick and a couple of Brigenteen s so I had plenty of help
But was TC not AP

AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

My own sector is still quiet and as I'm still 'tooling up' for the expected backlash as part of the plot this is good! Do some of these posts mean that when the not-selected companies 'go for you,' the sector becomes a general target for the rest of the game? P.S Still more fruitless days in UFJDLand!

I am an Alien!
Admetes

Admetes avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

So far my private sector is deserted, and strangely enough the Void of Opportunity sector have been recently invaded by a fleet of split making destruction of it, leaving only 2 stations standing. No Pirate Survivors.
The Split are patrolling the gates. So weird because that was one of the sectors where pirates were roaming around big time.

1 2 »

You need to log-in to post here.