Hello to Everyone-Admetes' Diary

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Hello to Everyone-Admetes' Diary

Admetes

Admetes avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

hehe roguey I meant for his early start.

Ok that is crazy. Quite Laggy I guess?
Why so many adv satellites? For personal use and/or for selling?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

ilarious to see loads of couriers docking to the complex but they take only 2 spaceweed each
The spaceweed are starting to give some money back but not as quick yet as I would like.

They do go a bit mad for it eh? in complexes you wont see a ton of profit within a few days, it will take days, if not more. However those stations will keep working constantly making a little amount of profit all the time.

Ok that is crazy. Quite Laggy I guess?
Why so many adv satellites? For personal use and/or for selling?

Well I dont really visit the sector any-more Smile

as for the adv. sats I added them to the list so I could drop some off in UFJD areas to search for them special crates.

However I forgot I could simply reserve and pick the sat back-up.

Admetes

Admetes avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Have you found some special crates already? or some abbandoned ships?
Are these crates in UFJD areas or as well in the normal X universe sectors?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Have you found some special crates already? or some abbandoned ships?
Are these crates in UFJD areas or as well in the normal X universe sectors?

I personally never found any special crates in UFJD sector, but there is a small chance of them spawning. The two special crates are the engine / rudder tuning crates, which allow you to overclock your ship. You wont ever find any abandoned ships, apart from the Aran.

X3AP also randomises a few engine/rudder crates at the start of the game, but these wont replace when you pick them up unlike the crates found in the UFJD sectors. If youre very very lucky you could overclock your ships to silly speeds with UFJD crates.

Admetes

Admetes avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Sorry I meant to ask if you have found some abbandoned ships/Upgrade crates in X3 normal sectors and where.

Just out of curiosity of where they might be. Unknown, Pirate sectors mostly? or anywhere?
Most importantly how far away from gate "square" area.

Oh, so you never have found any UFJD crates? But is there definitely a chance to find them?

Speaking of the Aran I had never luck to board it. I dont remember anymore how many times I seen one just to explode after it was being boarded (even arrived at deck 4), I even tried to repair one but it really takes far too long.
I guess the engineering skills of marines with loads of luck is all that you need.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hello Admetes, the locations of abandoned ships/upgrade crates are randomized at the start of every game start.

And its a waste of time to search for them but I think the best way is to use a special script (there is a script at Egosoft forums somewhere, I can't remember where exactly, that don't modify the game).

Also I think UFJD crates are very hard to find and a waste of time too (the chance of finding them is very small), focus on the Aran.

For the Aran, well the repair laser is typically used for repairing small ships like fighters and not the capital ships as you already know. And better use marines with 100% engineering skill yet still we may need to try several Arans. Smile

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
Admetes

Admetes avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Does the aran spawn again if you manage to get one?
Or is it a 1 time only?
I know you can RE it, but can you get more free ones?

Right, Raptor I might have a look for this script at some point, so far I have seen only 1 abbandoned ship. I still need to explore a bit more but I am quite sceptic to find them at this point, unless they are all in enemy terran territory Big grin.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Does the aran spawn again if you manage to get one? Or is it a 1 time only?

The Aran will appear many times, until you claim one for yourself. This is because a flag is set once it has been claimed, so it wont spawn again. You could reverse-engineer the Aran (at the player HQ) and have multiple aran's but that takes a lot of time to do.

Admetes

Admetes avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Right...

I guess I will claim it once marines are better trained.

Anyway last days I have doubled my complex in Akeela Beacon. And I was making sure there was surplus of raw resources. Except for silicon that I import/buy.
So is producing much more energy that I need.
Problem is I need to find better ways to transfer energy to other stations as I started hitting the max amount of stations I can supply with CLS, that means I need to have now several good freighter ships(I think OTAS Freighter XL will do, good cargo and still good speed)with some good CLS rank traders, well at some point I will do it not now. Or perhaps I will need some major reorganization gah...

--I was still looking around for build missions sometimes but they became quite rare.

I missed going to Yaki sectors, (there are only 3 of them right?) and I did some missions there with good profits and had a look at some ships there. Sadly I seen that the ships I was interested in were only boardable.
Like the M1 Carrier copy of colossus and the Corvette(I dont remember the name). Not sure if I would buy something at the shipyard yet.
Still I did one build mission(that was my second in total that I did) in the yaki sectors. I feel quite sorry for them with so few stations. The IBL are indeed great and useful, so I might get to supply them the resources needed to build them.
I dont know why I am at friendlier terms with yaki. I blew up quite a few. But I do believe I am somewhere at neutral rank.

--Pirates are starting to annoy me, running with small wings attacking my cags around. Unacceptable.

--Paranid decided to betray argons and attacked Wastelands, with very little defense from the argons that were being ravaged by terrans.

--Borons are slacking big time anywhere

--Split Unknown

--Teladi are busy with grand exchange recently: a lot of Qs started to exit the gate.

As last notes I managed to bring all ships I found/bought used claimed to my PHQ. A lot of RE is gotta be done.
And I found 2 khaak scouts. Not sure if being happy or not.

Edit: and YAY My Spaceweed Farm Profit in Freedom Reach increased massively since last time I checked. That is good to see

Cachurro

Cachurro avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 10 years ago.

You should keep shipping energy to a station only if there is not enough silicon in the sector.
In that case, the best is to add a solar poweplant to the complex and ship crystals instead, that consume 3.75 times less cargo than energy. Energy uses 900 cargo per factory size per hour, while crystals use 240. Shipping silicon ends up consuming as much cargo as energy.
Be aware that 10 000 cargo worth of crystals costs 3.6 M CR! Make sure the receiving station has enough money to pay for it.
Also, if you are already producing energy at another complex, how do you STOP that SPP from consuming the crystals in order to ship them? Well if you have many SPP in the complex you can stop one. OR add an extra crystal fab + food + silicon mine. You could wait for the energy storage to fill up completely, but it takes more than 25 hours as every station in the complex adds to the energy storage capacity. If you have only one SPP, then you can manually turn it on and off every couple of hours (the crystal storage capacity in your SPP lasts for about 5:30 hours).

Admetes

Admetes avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I never spoke about sending crystals!
That would be insane for now. or neither ever buying them from NPCs.
I do that just to start up a complex that produces them.
What I mean is that I dont have that amount of credits for Power Plants and so far I dont need them yet.

So is a lot of ground work. I have yet to decide what to do and how to expand.

Speaking of sending crystal why do I need to pay for my own Crystals? You can set manual price for CLS to give them for 0 credits.

I have trained Logisticians that go from my Solar Power Plant Complex in "Akeela beacon" to the stations that need supply, when they need supply, they jump out and back in right away.

Small Stations I am not even much bothered about as they have CAGs and NPC Solar power plants nearby and I set them to a reasonable price. Not yet self sufficient but I have plans to expand in some other areas now.
Like finishing my self sufficient Space Weed Complex in the Xenon Hub sector.

The Silicon Mines, like the one in "Aladna Hill" are used to supply my Energy Complex in "Akeela Beacon". And at the moment I am having a surplus of energy as I said already that is even about 95% full.

Ah and I always build stations to have a surplus of goods so I dont have to worry about the station flashing yellow ;-)

« 1 2

You need to log-in to post here.