a hello and some questions!:)

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » a hello and some questions!:)

tstoff

tstoff avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hey hello!
My name is Filipe and coming from military aircraft simulations, never thought I could "go back" to space.
I've been playing X3 AP for a while, and I love it! Got my aran, a couple o M7s, a couple of complexes, two plots completed and just one left (xenon), all this as an humble merchant, that's why I must ask...
1.Should I do anything about the regular reports about the war with the terrans? Am I suppose to do something about it?
2.Why do some of my complexes are marked with an yellow sign, can I get some more info on whats the problem? Some should be auto-sufficient but they seem to need a push start from time to time..
3.What do you guys do next, wage a war against some race? Just keep on profiting? I need some ideas!;D

thanks in advance!

"a nation who forgets its defenders will itself be forgotten"
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

My name is Filipe and coming from military aircraft simulations, never thought I could "go back" to space.

Hi there, welcome to the site Wave

1.Should I do anything about the regular reports about the war with the terrans? Am I suppose to do something about it?

You will probably end up turning them off, as they will start to annoy you after-while. You can decide whether to join in or not by putting them back on. I think this is done in the gameplay settings.

2.Why do some of my complexes are marked with an yellow sign, can I get some more info on whats the problem? Some should be auto-sufficient but they seem to need a push start from time to time..

The yellow text/sign is basically happens when 1 or more stations requiring a ware is ready to start producing but didnt have enough resources. The complex may of been short of resource just for 1 second.

3.What do you guys do next, wage a war against some race? Just keep on profiting? I need some ideas!;D

Well you could try and remove a race from the universe - I did a bit of that with some gorilla tactics, has often the rapid-response ships would jump-in and spoil my fun. Evil

tstoff

tstoff avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

You will probably end up turning them off, as they will start to annoy you after-while. You can decide whether to join in or not by putting them back on. I think this is done in the gameplay settings.

- Roguey

Ahh okey, so from what I understand, its just an "instant shoot them up" with no influence on the game or goal and it will go on forever?

Thanks for your fast response!;)

Zipmeister

Zipmeister avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Welcome.
I gotta agree with Roguey on the "Turning them off" they don't seem to correspond to anything happening in the war sectors. It's just a random annoyance.

As for the stations, In addition to them being low on resources, low money in the station account will also cause the indicator to flash.

Killing stuff changes your fight rank. It can erode back down to fighter with the passage of time.
Missions involving combat are often scaled to fight rank.

Race relations decrease with kills of that race. This includes war sectors.

If you make enemies, you stay enemies till you fix relations.
That being said, I wouldn't classify the war sectors as an arcade shooting gallery.

tstoff

tstoff avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

lol, got it! That was just an easy way of saying if I do nothing and continue to play for 2 more years the war will still be there in those sectors. I forgot to info why I asked this. Since the first reports till now I haven't heard one I got yesterday: "player we have to install standard defenses in omicron lyrae", or something like that. Thats why I thought something was changing!

Thanks!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I gotta agree with Roguey on the "Turning them off" they don't seem to correspond to anything happening in the war sectors.

Well... the only time you need to turn them on is to complete war-missions (either for the plot or for the steam achievement). The war cant effect anything, has its limited to certain sectors. The Argon's may take over sector, then the Terran's will take it back. The war idea was great, its a shame not more was made of it.

tstoff

tstoff avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

done! reports off.
xenon hub time! thanks!;)

FlashOver

FlashOver avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hi there,

You can do whatever you want basically. I spend most of my time so far:
1) Exploring sectors, scanning astroids, planning future stations.
2) Building complexes, either for profit or for fully autonomous weapons and shield fabrication.
3) Doing side missions.
4) Getting my reputation up from the Terrans (after I had shot them to the lowest rank due to various Argon Warmissions).

I currently have 300 hours playtime and getting closer to actually finish the storylines of the latest expansion.

tstoff

tstoff avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Well I went to the illegal market! Just built some weed and fuel complex in that unknown sector near Legends Home... Now a question. How do I get races to get there and trade with me? I have to wait? Thanks!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Well I went to the illegal market! Just built some weed and fuel complex in that unknown sector near Legends Home... Now a question. How do I get races to get there and trade with me? I have to wait? Thanks!
- tstoff

Yup, and when they come, they will come in waves. Its just that the NPC ships need time. Sometimes ships can come from the other side of the universe just to get the wares (which takes time).

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

If your selling Illegals, defiantly try to get the Duke on your side; they love some of that sweet space weed! Sometimes their frieghters randomly go neutral (like they have for me on the Com-Save;, but if they're still hostile, Kirlack suggested (on another post) that you can blow up the Dukes Haven, as it respawns blue! Very strange.....

I will be the one to take you down!
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

You will need to work up your pirate/paranid rank before blowing up Duke's HQ though! Just totalling it while the rest of the pirate already hate you won't help you at all lol :p

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
tstoff

tstoff avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Well I couldn't help it and I expanded my complex with more factories and I even realigned the hub to match my sector ;>
Its now starting to feel more alive! Thanks.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Any pictures of your complex? it is one large mess? Smile

tstoff

tstoff avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Ill take one or two tomorrow, and yes its huge large laggy mess, yet smaller than my "PHQ Sector". I made a terrible mistake. Ordered some stations via that outsourcing company and I must have mismatched the map view and they built them below my original complex, but too far, so its kinda of impossible to connect both. Nothing a CLS/CAG (whatever) doesn't solve. ;D

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

original complex, but too far, so its kinda of impossible to connect both.

Well you have two options;

- you can tow the stations with a tractor beam, then connect them; or
- join both together with a complex hub (and position the hub as close to the first hub as possible), then connection both hubs together.

1 2 »

You need to log-in to post here.