Dark Souls III

Home Board Index » Steam » Dark Souls III

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

Check this one out. This is the first boss of The Ringed City DLC. Actually took a while for me to get to it. I feel like I may be underleveled for this one lol. The normal mobs do massive damage so it was difficult to get there at all. I am about level 80 now, I think I need more points in resistances. If you watch closely when he does the jump/slam attack I am blocking and still taking a ton of damage from that.

This fight is one of the reasons why I like Dark Souls. Most bosses are epic battles that if it was anime it would make for an awesome fight scene. Fromsoftware is a Japanese company so it does make sense they make the game in that style.

Another reason I feel I may be underleveled is I could not find any actual players to help with this. Thankfully there were two NPC summons so that made it a lot easier than trying to solo this.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 7 years ago.

Yea I can see why you like Dark Souls - those boss battles are pretty epic. I do find it interesting to see stuff from other games. I bet the two npc's helped out a lot, especially when you had two bosses. The two npc's were they summoned by you? or just randomly appeared?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

Yeah they are super helpful. They act like players in that their summon sign appears on the ground near a bonfire when you are embered. So yeah you have to summon them before the fight to get their help.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

So here is the final boss of The Ringed City DLC. I had to practice this fight a lot so I could solo it. Eventually settled at level 105 as a good balance of health and stamina. Switched up my weapon to something faster and infused it with a 'heavy' gem to make it 'A' scaling with strength. While it does as much damage as my usual greatsword, it is significantly faster so, higher DPS.

My favorite final boss fight of the souls series. It sorta reminds me of Sephiroth from FFVII for some reason. I guess that move he does where he jumps up in the air and his cape looks like wings. The final boss music from FFVII is "One Winged Angel" so maybe that is why. Anyway here it is, final boss of the final DLC of the final Dark Souls game.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

That looked like a pretty tough fight - I think your health was very low 3 times? I did wonder if the boss might go into a third state, although I guess those missile did kind-of did that. Why did he want your dark-soul (im guessing they mean soul by that)? .. for a selfie?

One day I should check-out the dark-soul franchise. Do you need of play the older games?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

As you can imagine, I highly recommend the Dark Souls series. Do you need to play the others first? Not really. DS3 is linked to the first one by location but other than that it is a separate story.

Just a word of caution, if you are the type to alt+F4 over some PVP, you will get banned from the servers. Meaning you are forced to solo everything since you cannot summon others for help. PVP is part of the game that is generally done by the invasion mechanic. So if you decide to pick it up be aware that PVP is a thing and dying actually means nothing. Losing souls could be problematic in DS2 (after a while enemies stopped spawning if you tried to farm them), but in DS1 and DS3 this is not the case. However souls are infinite in all three games.

You can avoid PVP by remaining hollow. Once you use an Ember in DS3 (or humanity in DS1 & DS2) it basically puts you online so you can summon help and be invaded.

Rexx

Rexx avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 7 years ago.

I have played all three putting hundreds of hours into each one. Some of my fav games. I loved DS3 and played it through, I think three times, with different style characters. I love the summons co-op and help out some player who is usually struggling. Its a very fun game Roguey and worth the $pounds$. Thumbs up on this one.

Thanks for such a great website Roguey, you are truly a gamers, gamer.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

Embarrassingly I have never done the Undead Match thing until today. It is great fun and sure beats the old way of summoning red phantoms to fight or invading people (well, invading is its own type of fun :P). Here is a duel. If you watch how he is trying to circle around me, that is known as "fishing for backstabs". It is largely a waste of time at a high level because of how much damage you do anyway. He paid the price for it too.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

Thanks for such a great website Roguey, you are truly a gamers, gamer.
- Rexx

Well I am just one person, who created the site. You guys made the community, and happy you guys stick around here posting things Smile

Embarrassingly I have never done the Undead Match thing until today. It is great fun and sure beats the old way of summoning red phantoms to fight or invading people (well, invading is its own type of fun ). Here is a duel. If you watch how he is trying to circle around me, that is known as "fishing for backstabs". It is largely a waste of time at a high level because of how much damage you do anyway. He paid the price for it too.

- Sinxar

I was surprised how quickly that battle was over. I was expecting it take awhile - especially when it said 180 time limit. In two hits you managed to take most of his health - maybe because of your level? Are there ranged weapons in PvP? I did see your sword charge up and fire something.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

Are there ranged weapons in PvP?
- Roguey

Yes you can use any weapon/armor in the game for PVP. In fact yesterday while farming an item I need for an achievement I was summoned to a world (I was in Blades of the Darkmoon covenant, I get automatically summoned to kill invaders in other peoples games) where the hostile invader was a pure sniper. He was using a Great Bow (very large bow meant for killing dragons) at very long range and using some type of invisibility. Of course I died to it but it was an interesting build that I haven't seen anyone use before.

The charge up thing is the weapon art for that sword.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

Ah thanks for explaining. Im guessing there are drawbacks from using ranged weapons, as the range would be a massive advantage over melee class weapons. Although if you say they can be used to kill dragons, then I guess it must be rather slow?

as for the sword charge-up, I did think that might be the case. I guess in some respects its a bit like Terraria, with its sword effects.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

I made a sorcerer and I gotta tell ya, it is weird to play it when I usually only play melee characters. Once I got more used to it, it is quite good. Sadly you don't get any good spells until very near the end of the main game. Right now he has 55 intel and uses the Moonlight Greatsword. I usually have the soul spears and soul stream equipped but being a sorcerer there are a lot of good utility spells too, especially hidden body which is similar to invisibility. Mobs can still see you if you get close but it greatly reduces the range they will aggro. Great spell for exploring a level or getting around without having to fight much.

Overall though a sorcerer in pve is quite good. As long as you keep pumping up your intelligence you can out range most things and even one or two shot strong enemies. Made some tricky parts when playing as a melee character trivial with a sorcerer.

I found and upgraded the best gear I could get and made this character a DPS for co-op. Soul Stream does stupid amounts of damage if it hits. The wind-up time can kill you though so you have to know the enemy patterns when using it. For everything else there is Soul Spear and Crystal Soul Spear. Some bosses have a high magic resist, so that is where the Moonlight Greatsword comes in. It scales with intelligence and does a lot of physical damage and some magic damage. Very useful for helping people out with difficult bosses.

I put together a short video sorta about co-op, but it is really just random clips I collected last night/this morning.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

Myself, I tend to prefer the ranged characters. You dont normally see much of a damage loss (sometimes increase), but that extra distance can make make things easier. Sometimes range characters can be a bit squashy, so struggle at different points than melee characters.

@video very unlucky at the end, I thought you would of avoided the hit to be honest. I guess it just caught you.

ashohakan

ashohakan avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 10 months ago.

So how is Deprived a bad deal? You start SL 1 with a totally blank slate character. Seems like you could spec into any kind of build you want? Ive been looking at past answers but I cant really understand how its not great. I want to go from nobody, to dark build PVE.

« 1 2

You need to log-in to post here.