Evochron Mercenary

Home Board Index » Steam » Evochron Mercenary

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 11 years ago.

By all means get it, I might just be blind sighted by the love for the X games, but £5 is probably worth it for a bit of fun.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Well I did look closely.. Evochron Mercenary gets such mix reviews; some saying its great, others saying its poor. The lack of steam achievements and old graphics didnt help things just pushed me to leave it.

Gomorragh

Gomorragh avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 10 years ago.

ive had some of the evochron games, its a combination of Elite and xbtf with the ability to design your own ships, planetary landings and also you dont have to use jumpgates, there are hidden sectors you can originally only get to by flying to them by pointing in random directions, you can swap between newtonian and arcade type flying, truthfully, the fact its made by a small team means by itself if you liked the original elite and frontier, you should give it a go

Cmdr Gomorragh - Stares at players, just waiting ......
thegooseking

thegooseking avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

I bought the X Superbox but I never really played it (I made the mistake of starting with BtF and bounced right off it).

Then I bought Evochron Mercenary and tried it out. I would agree that it's like X3, but only because it made me want to play X3. I reckon a game that makes me want to play another game isn't a huge success. It was enjoyable enough for me to put 50+ hours into it, but then I've put 600+ hours into X3:TC vanilla.

Picture
« 1 2

You need to log-in to post here.