New bird pictures

Home Board Index » Chit-chat » New bird pictures

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 13 years ago.

I took these today in the garden, what do you think?

Picture
Oooooh.. cheeese! by Roguey000, on Flickr

Picture
Hey! darn cameras! by Roguey000, on Flickr

Picture
Nice to see the Robin again! by Roguey000, on Flickr

Picture
Jackdaw by Roguey000, on Flickr

Picture
Two jacks are better than one by Roguey000, on Flickr

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 13 years ago.

Wow, How do you get so close without scaring them away?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

well, we been feeding them awhile so they got a little more used to me. However they are still 4-6 meters away, so a big lens helps. Most birds are scared of me, which maybe isnt a bad idea because of the amount of cats around.

However cheese helps - every bird seems to love it... well.. most anyway. You can see the Jackdaw having some.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

I don't know my birds... but I saw which one. My garden is tiny about 4m by 4m, so we don't get birds.
I could never get into photography I don't have the patients for a good shot.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

well our garden isnt massive either, and its right next to a busy road. However the range of birds is amazing. Here's what the garden looks like at xmas (nothing more recently sorry):

Picture

Although like you said patience is required with wild birds, although its more reward because the bird is free.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

I would get a picture of my garden up but I lost my camera lead :P

Where abouts are in the uk?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

The USB cable? d'oh!

Im in Berkshire, which is west of London - if you didnt know. How bout yourself?

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Yeah the USB one, trying to get another off eBay.

Nice place down their, I am stuck in Freckleton in north west england. I have a military aircraft testing runway about 100 yards behind my house. :<
Picture

It scares all the birds off, (well the few we get)

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

woh, that must suck. Is it really noisy all the time or certain times of the day?

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Yeah, in day time they test these,
http://www.raf.mod.uk/no1group/rafcms/mediafiles/gallery/61CF65E3_0DC5_9A7B_BF037DDA9FEDDD69/typhoon2.jpg

When there after burners go on.... it's loud!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Woh, that must suck! do they test their after-burners often?

In the garden today it looked like *beep* cat attacked a bird. Might have to think about giving it up - way too many cats around here.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Whenever they take off the use there afterburners.

We have a cat, always bringing in birds.... but you can't get rid of it... cats are cool. Although I prefer dogs.

novacatt

novacatt avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 13 years ago.

Hiya Roguey & Peeps, Banana hi Wave

@Roguey... Poke Yeah, I'm still here, you haven't gotten rid of me that easily... LOL

If I can work out how to take piccies on my 'phone (that's not an issue in itself as I do know how to take them... gotta work out the method as it's a new 'phone: Huawei G6600D - Dual Sim, Quad band GSM, 2Mp camera) & then transfer them to my 'puter, I'd take some of MY backyard & post 'em here for ya...

Thankfully I don't have the same issues as you guys do... (:roll) The closest AFB (Air Force Base) is a coupla hr's drive away & they rarely fly this way except for things like Regional Airshows or Military parades (EG: ANZAC Day, V-Day, Etc)...

As for birds showing up...
I usually have quite a few birds show up at various times of the day, as we have a bird bath set up in the middle of the backyard, I've even had a wild Sulfur Crested Cockatoo show up & have a drink/bath a coupla times (we have lots of gum trees in the neighborhood, so consequently we get lots of cockatoo's, galah's, lorikeet's etc, hanging around feeding in the trees), {he knows we're here watching him whenever he shows up, as he likes to show off his crest whenever he lands on the birdbath, it's quite funny actually.. it's almost as if he's saying "look at me, aren't I clever?".. ROFL}
I've got the computer set up in the back/sunroom with a large window looking out into the yard, so I get to watch the birds all day.. :p Big Grin

Cheers & Thranx

PS Good god!! Look what you made me do, Roguey!! :p You made me waffle on about watching the wild birds in my backyard... LOL ROFL

PPS Oh yeah, here's where I am: Hervey Bay Wiki (that's details of the town) :flame:flame:flame completely burned away associated text as well, due to it being no longer needed after The Chief deep-sixed the link due to my brain fade moment... Flame:flame:flame Spit:lol

change without Subject to notice.... :p watch this space... (<-- --> this one, not that one.. --> <-- Spit LOL)
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

hey there,

nice to see your still around nova! I can understand your frustration with your phone. Sometimes they can get so confusing that you end up emailing your dishwasher with a mp3... you only wanted to phone someone.

I think 'birding' has changed a lot - mostly helped by camera's. I think in the past it was seen as strange but nowadays more and more people watch/take pictures of birds. I think its great to see people take more interest in their local wildlife. I used to think the only way to see critters (apart from the small kind: ants etc.) was in a Zoo. I know Zoo educate a lot of people, but it does make things easy: here's a elephants, here's a tiger etc. Its not the same seeing a wild bird.

Ill be very interested in any pictures you do get.

ps. I removed the link to your house, so 'bad' people dont get your address details. I wouldnt want to encourage junk - already get a tree a day worth myself.

btw, nice house - reminds me of something from neighbours,

TheWhiteTiger

TheWhiteTiger avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 13 years ago.

I haven't noticed this cool topic out here... Those are really gorgeous birds I actually like animals if you ask me. Smile
By the way are these shots from your garden Roguey?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Yup, those are from my garden and my camera/lens. It has took time for them to trust us as much as do. I cant blame them however, we seen a few times cats attacking them. Cry

1 2 »

You need to log-in to post here.