E:D suggestion "unexplored system" flag

Home Board Index » Website suggestions » E:D suggestion "unexplored system" flag

DHLF

DHLF avatar
Level badge Conqoguey (21)
Posted 9 years ago.

Probably a more understandable explaination:

Initially explored systems are completely explored.(only few)
Without the need of having been there we can always look "into" that system ingame.

Initially unexplored systems are.. unexplored(and in laaarge numbers)
Who enters an US(unexplored system Evil ) for the first time will get automatically only the nearest star as a "unknown" target.

If he does NOT circles the ship to center those "unknown" object(to finally scan and identify it) for him the system will stay marked "red"(ingame!) in spite of having been in that US.
From that moment, the sun is identified those ingame marking changes to white.

Using a discovery scanner(hold the corresponding key/button until scan finished) will just MARK objects around you as "unknown" possible targets.
You have to get close to any of them(whilst targeting it!) to scan them automatically as well.

If Stations exist they will be shown as targets even not in range.
Suns are the only objects which will be shown in US on the ingame-system map from the moment you entered that system. Bad luck there are no targets for them, you have to "guess" where they may be. And you know, they can be far, far, far.. away!

For other objects you would have to cross a system with active scanner again and again (or you rob Diso's bank and get a system-wide scanner aka ADS).

Whew.. i lost the plot..

So as you decided to have ONE 4 tier tag (unknown/unexplored/part./full) it will reflects the actual system view state in your Roguey(TM)-universe.

lets have a look at each "tag":

unknown
- default value until someone decides to change it
initially unexplored
- maybe some data was put in like population/government
- no stations were added, no planets
partially explored
-all stations were added, some planets
-due to not having those system-wide-scanner(ADS) not all suns/planets were found/explored
Fully explored
-every object has been found AND added to system map

Problem is.. some systems are so big (4 suns, more than 40 planets..) they wont even fit.
As proposed somewhere in this thred earlier, the EXACT duplication of any object is unnecessary.

Things which seems to be important to me for players:
-Stations
-Blackmarkets whereabouts
-Type of stations(outposts are .. overcrowded sometimes but less protected by system security)
-Stations distances from entry point(some system's entry point is NOT where we expected)

Therefore I would suggest to add a locked thread for "rules" or hints regarding the use of adding data to the systems.
How to find coordinates, when to use which tag..

Because the above written defintions are NOT definitions.. they are my guess about their meaning and how they could be used.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 9 years ago.

That's kind-of what I was going for with the explorer tags, not to take away from your own travels. I do need to write a help guide for it, as its something ive been meaning to do for awhile now. There some other things I want to do first although.

Id personally say the most important data for players is;

- Ware prices (otherwise the trade-helper cant really help),
- Stations / outpost types (useful to know where they are etc.),
- Distance markers (why go to pick-up something if its 1,000,000 from the entry point?),

As for black-markets, I dont really know. As I cant really track that, but I was asked to add that to the helper. So it must be being used I would of thought.

DHLF

DHLF avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

not to take away from your own travels.
- Roguey

I am sorry I dont get the meaning of those sentence.
If you are refering to my "What? You were after my exploration data?" this was intended as a joke..

I have not realized how powerful your db is until the moment you have written about "database entries" Wink
And you are welcome to take any "discovery" I might have made for any needs you may .. have!

By the way.. how about a counter how many system has been added by someone? ^^
No, we dont really need stuff like that atm.

But the "population" marker need still the "noone" or "0" entry(for empty systems).

About Blackmarkets..
I have been told by someone who dont want to spend time to gather those drifting cargo..
Some others HAVE to get even those "worthless" stuff to get money.
Knowledge about the nearest "safe" BM seems to me important.

Prices? Hey, with a cargo capacity of 32t(Cobra atm) I feel not being a trader YET. Maybe later.
But I try to add commoditie-prices at least for one station if I am in a new system.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

Oh, didnt know if you meant as a joke or not - sorry if I missed that one Smile

as for the population, I could add a -1 entry for no-one. if thats okay? I cant really change the order without changing a lot of entries in the database.

black-markets can be found on the trade-helper mk1, if you look for to a black-market. Although should I create another map, like the rare-map to show them?

as for prices, its always useful. The more data submitted, the better the data will become.

DHLF

DHLF avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

Cuss Those.. update -.- First i have to download the 2.5GB (1.1) played some minutes until i had to update the launcher as well. After launcher update: again patch download -.-

But back to business:
yes if it has to be a "-1" it would be okay

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

yes if it has to be a "-1" it would be okay
- DHLF

Done..

DHLF

DHLF avatar