Basic Needs for a new player.

Home Board Index » X3: Reunion » Basic Needs for a new player.

Elsenor

Elsenor avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 13 years ago.

This question you may all laugh at. Iam 68 years of age and will be the oldest and newest player, so I do need HELP and a lot of it. I am a trader and have some 7mil in credits but seem unable to buy any factories. Stats: 11-21, Fighter status 48%
Financier 92%. What am I doing wrong I am unable to buy a small factory and unable to find a Argon Express Suuper Freighter, X3,(TS). I am not proud any help is most welcome. I forgot to add I am not good with computers , my Grandaughters is far better, she is 10. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
Elsenor

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 13 years ago.

hi and welcome to the site.

I think regardless of age, X3 and TC can be very confusing at first. It takes a long time to get used to the 'basics'. Feel free to ask any questions and we/I will try and help you out.

As for your question, To buy stations you will need to dock a ship with ST type cargo-bay at the shipyard. You will find ST cargo bays on TL ships - which are primarily station carriers. You can either buy your own TL or hire one. You can hire a TL by flying within 7km and then pressing c to communicate with the captain and hire his/her services.

TS ships can only carry XL or smaller cargo. This is probably why you cant load the station onto your ship.

I hope that helps!

Elsenor

Elsenor avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 13 years ago.

Thank you Roguey your advice I shall put to good use. While I am at the forum thank you for the information on your site for X3 I use this a great deal. So much so that if you did not have this site I would be throwing my computer out the window, in frustration. Your explanations and lists are excelent, once again thank you.

Elsenor

Elsenor

Elsenor avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 13 years ago.

Yet another question, how can I make the wares or factories I wish to buy change from RED to the normal colour.

Thank you gentelmen
Elsenor

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

hi there,

I am glad the site is helping you, its always great to hear that someone is finding the site useful. Hopefully one day you can show us your empire Smile

Yet another question, how can I make the wares or factories I wish to buy change from RED to the normal colour.

There could be two possible reasons: your current ship does not support the ware cargo type or your notoriety is too low with the station owners.

Cargo type:

Each ship has a maximum type of ware it can support. The really big ships can support up-to ST while the small ships can only support S cargo. Here's a list of ware types:

U - Which means upgrade (think of as a software upgrade etc.),
S - Which means small (your ship needs support for S type cargo),
M - Which means medium (for ships with M support),
L - Which means large (for ships with L support),
XL - Which means extra large (for ships with XL support),
ST - Which means station (for ships with ST support),

If you ship has support for XL cargo, then it can take goods with XL, L, M, S or U.
ST cargo are stations, that only a few big ships can carry (such as TL class ships). You can find out what cargo type your ship supports by going to the ship->information page, or if you know the ship name looking up on this site.

Notoriety:

This could be the other reason. With each race you have a rank. Higher the rank, the more types goods/ships you can buy. You could think of this like "Would the Argon navy give a battleship to a millionaire without knowing who they are?". You can check your Notoriety on your pilot stat screen (think just pressing p).

Elsenor

Elsenor avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 13 years ago.

Hi Roguey,

Thankyou for the tip I shall take my fighter and blast some enemy.

Elsenor

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

To try and get some boost to your rankings?
If you make a enemy kill, you will gain a boost to your ranking to the owner of the sector.

You need to log-in to post here.