Adding a ship.

Home Board Index » X3: Reunion » Adding a ship.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 13 years ago.

Hi Roguey!

I am trying to add a ship from Star Trek into my X3 Game, this is it,
http://www.box.net/shared/kegf58h0kk

Now, I don't know where to extract it to, or how to actually use it. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 13 years ago.

hey m8, havnt seen you for awhile.

Well looks like that ship is a xsp type. xsp are normally loaded in with cycrow plug-in manager, found here. Using xsp with my mod however may cause problems.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

I have noticed that, I am using both in diffarnt saved games, it works somehow. I have been told I can edit ships, I right click and click Edit Ship, it comes up with this;

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/2627/pluginprob.jpg

Do you know how I can edit ships, as in change them in power, weapons, etc....

-Regards

P.S I have not been playing X3 much lately addicted to another game, but I felt I should come on Smile

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

hi m8,

I know the feeling - I havnt played X3 for awhile either. Id like to see a new X game - or ego's next big thing. It would bring loads more life to these games.

As for the xsp, I am not sure, as never used it before. Im guessing there's some option the author can toggle to allow you to edit their ship stats? will another ship allow editing?

jacer08

jacer08 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 13 years ago.

@bozo64r;

hello, as roguey said, you should download crycrow's plugin manager, which should come with another program, the "plugin manager - ship creator".

with this program, you can edit any aspect of a ship. you just have to load the ship file, and then open up the configure ship menu. from there you can edit things such as ship speed, no. of turrets(and guns on said turrets), no. of docking spots, price, ect...

i hope that helps. if you can't find the program, or if you can't figure out how to use it, let us know and we can give more detailed instructions.

in eternity, forever lasts but an instant.
bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Thank you, this helps, but I have Plug-in manager, (program in scrn shot) are you meaning a diffrant program?

jacer08

jacer08 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 13 years ago.

well, i haven't used ship editor's very much, so i don't know what all's out there. i do know that if you type "cycrow ship creator" into google, you can easily find it. that program should allow you to do what you want to ship stats.

in eternity, forever lasts but an instant.
bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Hey,

Yep I found one, I got bored so I mad an Argon Discoverer really power full, took down to Argon Titan in Argon Prime. Guns Bomb

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

hmmm.. not bad, although I would prefer a beam weapon with 120km range and instant kill Smile

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Beam weapon? Is it the 'Photon Beam Cannon'?

Oh and like my signature? :P

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Well I wouldnt like to make the khaak beam like that Smile

Nice looking sig, did you make the picture yourself?

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Yes I did,
The backgrond is a abstarct background I got off Google, i changed the Hue and Satuaration, aswell as the levels.
The X3 ship and logo i nicked off Google images,
The logo saying 'DarkOrbit' was off the renders thread for making signatures on their forums.
The other ship the 'Goliath K2 Battle Cruiser' was off the renders thread which I added a 're-entry' burn inro, (when i say 'I' it means i had help off someone :P)

i do like making this sort of thing, I use Macromedia Fireworks, Gimp 2.0 and Paint.net.

-Regards

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

hey m8, im gonna lock this thread as its gone off-topic, however I will open up a new thread to discuss your sig/pictures in the chit-chat section. hope that's okay.

Sorry but this thread has been locked.