Claiming Sectors

Home Board Index » X3: Reunion » Claiming Sectors

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 13 years ago.

How would I claim a sector? I have seen many posts on the egosoft forum about this, but it never gave a good explanation.

-

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 13 years ago.

Well, there is no way to claim a sector in vanilla - you can only buy one sector. I think you need a lot of money for it too.

You could use a script or mod to add this feature - my X3 mod has sector claiming script in it.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Does it.... might have to find that. All the scripts in the Script editor thing from your mod, I don't know how to use, which ones can I use.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

hmmm.. well, I dont think my one can be used stand-alone as its ran in the global setup script for the mod. If you want a claim sector script without my mod then maybe something like this might be better for you.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

That's for TC... do you think it will work wir X3R?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

oops... Leave

oh, well TC wont 'see' X3 scripts without a small adjustment to the script version number - there are 2 values to adjust.

However, maybe this is more what you want..

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

I have downloaded it, will give it a try and feedback soon. Smile

DangerClose

DangerClose avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

Sometime after I completed the Bala Gi missions in the "vanilla" X3 Reunion, the unknown sector between Montalar and New Income was renamed "Avarice" and spawned a Teladi Trading Station. Shortly after, the bulletin boards advertised that it was coming up for auction. The bidding stopped at 600 million credits. Now every station I stop on has an advertisement for its sale and an option to bid 615 million credits for it. I don't see the point. I'm half way to securing the pirate sectors to the east of the Argon core systems. Can't I use those for my mad schemes?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Im not really sure what owning your sector actually does, if anything you dont get AI ship spawning to protect things. For this reason, just use any sector, who's race owner you get on with. Then your get their protection, and save a lot of money.

DangerClose

DangerClose avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

But what about my facilities producing morally questionable doomsday devices?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

That true, I guess you could use the sector to manufacture illegal goods like booze/weed without police attacking your stations. Although you can do that in any unclaimed sector, like freedom's reach.

DangerClose

DangerClose avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

Actually, I've got a distillery in President's End, and never had a problem with the police. I set a SQUASH factory in Split territory, Family Zein, close to Teladi space, and have again never had a problem with police. Only problem is my moonshine runners and energy transports from Elena's Fortune getting attacked in Split Fire and Brennan's Triumph. I've long since destroyed the pirate base for their refusal to pay decent money for my whiskey and now have two (soon to be three) corvettes patrolling those sectors, but I still loose the occasional transport.

You need to log-in to post here.