Bozo64r Profitable Stations

Home Board Index » X3: Reunion » Bozo64r Profitable Stations

Elsenor

Elsenor avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 13 years ago.

Bozo64r Profitable Stations your question some time ago. As I am new at this game you may feel this is a nerve on my part. Please forgive any insult as it is not intended. However I have completed a teladianium factory in Dukes Domain but am having trouble keeping the production up as it is bought before I can buildup any reasonable numbers. I am sure that you will already have done this, but just thought I would let you know. It was expensive getting it there, the cost per gate was very high. How did you get on with your Crystal fab in Cho's Defeat?

The old man

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 13 years ago.

Its good to post, so dont feel like its a bad thing Smile

Any reason why you built a Teladianium factory in Dukes Domain?

Stations do cost a lot of money and only make a little amount of money every so often. Once you invested around 10-20 million (and made them into a complex), you will start to see some good money from them. However 1 station on its lone wont generate tons of money, unfortunately. However once a station is setup, it will always be working, making money all the time.

A complex is when you 'group' two or more stations together. You can link a lot of stations together so its self-staining - ie. needs no resources but generate products.

To do this, I recommend you find sector with a high ore and silicon counts. Place a mine (use L mines) on each and tow them near. The use a complex hub and link the two together. The next two stations to add would be a crystal fab and a power plant... again link each one to the complex.

After that you probably need one more ware. If its argon stations meatsteak cahoonas and Argnu Beef. So you would need to add Bakery and a farm.

Once all those stations are added, the complex can make goods without no input wares. You can then add a 1MJ shield factory (for example) and it will make them without requiring any resources.

However building complexes like that costs a lot of money and time.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 13 years ago.

Ahh... I think I was supposed to say in Seizewell, I get a lot of profit in that. There are not any other Taladianium factories there or around, an if the appear I ram them ;P

As Roguey was saying they do cost a lot of money, a good idea is to start with an Ore factory in Ore Belt below Home of Light, it is a good place to start. I got a lot of money from it in X2, same with X3 but not as much. Ore Mines are cheap and you only have to pay for two jumps with a TL, (unless it's not in Argon Prime)

I don't really concentrate on stations any more, it is more blowing things up for money :P If I do feel like a station it is either Taladianium factory in Seizewell or mine in Ore belt.

Hope this helps :P

Elsenor

Elsenor avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 13 years ago.

Thank you both for the advice,

I am new at this game and to give you an idea of what I am:
Boron-Queen's Knight
Argon- Federation Guardian
Paranid-Friend of Priest Duke
Split-Distinguished Associate
Teladi-Majority Shareholder
Goner-Believer
Trading-Master Broker.
Combat-Instructor

Five factories Two of these I have started to make a complex of. One Nova Vanguard Fighter. 3 Argon Express Transporters (From Omecrome) as you recommended Roguey. All maxed out and 4.5 million in my back pocket.

I have started the Bala Gi mission but not managed to get the Advanced Sat in X347 yet, but I will try soon.

I put a teladianium factory in The Paranid area because there are 6 sectors who need teladianium in there SoyaryFarms. It is making money but it is slow.

The Old Man

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Once you get 5million credits, and at least 10 game hours. You can start the Bala Gi missions. This will get you your own headquarters... although it costs a bomb.
Take a look at Roguey's guide.
http://x3.roguey.co.uk/spoilers/bala_gi-1.php

The headquarters is good, since it looks like your having a trade empire Smile

Elsenor

Elsenor avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 13 years ago.

DO NOT LAUGH.

I lost my Teladianium Factory in The Paranid, Destroyed by Xenons. My wife spiled her coffee while laughing at me and to add Insult to injury my next door neighbours son of 7 years, said "well its only a game".

I have planted 12 Squash mines under his bed and have to cannon pointed at you guys.

I do not mind the cash but all that time and effort, that does hurt.

SOME SYMPATHY PLEASE. I shal take your advice gentlemen and build where you have said is a good spot.

Can I interest you both in buying some scrap metal, only one stupid owner.
If I dont laugh at this I would cry.

THE OLD MAN

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Oh, im sorry to hear elsenor,

Picture

Where there many Xenon's in the sector when you visited after? and which Paranid sector did you put the station in?

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Don't let it put you down, I lost an XL Power Plant to the Kha'ak, it was not losing the station that bothered me it was the fact that I had 10million creds stored there :P

Elsenor

Elsenor avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 13 years ago.

Thank you gentlemen for the sympathy and the beautiful picture. The factory was put into Dukes Domain. When I managed to get there not a soul in sight, not one Xenon and my Freighter gone also. My wife was no help at all, Why do you not ask the guys on the forum.

Yes gentlemen I should have asked before for your suggestions.

I seem to have made a right mess of this part of the game but I will get there.

Thank you once again, please continue with the suggestions, I promise to take your suggestions and advice.

Oh one small item please, send all donations to Elsenors Factory Memorial fund.

The Old Man.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

I am getting a nice fund from a power plant in Ceo's Doubt.... well after I 'accidently' destroyed the on already there, i felt it wise to build one Smile

@Roguey, Which font did you use on the image?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 13 years ago.

Which font did you use on the image?
- bozo64r

Ethnocentric Rg Smile

You need to log-in to post here.