Does anyone else remember the x3 reunion launch?

Home Board Index » X3: Reunion » Does anyone else remember the x3 reunion launch?

lloyd64

lloyd64 avatar
Level badge Noguey (0)
Posted 11 months ago.

I've been a huge fan of the genre since playing privateer back in the day. When x3 reunion came out I was so excited, and I wanted to enjoy the game, but it was broken. On a new high end system, you pretty much couldn't fly through any sector with asteroids at release, the plot was riddled with game breaking bugs. Trading was horribly laborious, you couldn't automate universe trading,you couldn't mine other than manually, which was so slow. It was unintuitive and clunky. You could not see any available information about stations or get missions without docking. And docking? How could you feel a part of the universe when not only can you not leave your ship, but you can't even see your ship. Sure space was mind bogglingly beautiful, but without being able to land or interact, it just felt lonely [/url] .

Over time, egosoft fixed the bugs, the modding community added the ability to automine, to autotrade, to command wings of ships at a time. Even to hire marines and be able to capture capital ships! Eventually egosoft took all of these fixes, patches, and the best mods, added more plot elements and released them all as x3tc, the greatest space sim of the last decade

You need to log-in to post here.