Help for Roguey's Mod installation

Home Board Index » X3: Reunion » Help for Roguey's Mod installation

danwithjesus

danwithjesus avatar
Level badge Boguey (2)
Posted 12 years ago.

Hello! I need help with Roguey's mod v3.3 instalation... upon extraction,do i merge the files with the original x3 Reunion? I have tried mergeing them and it didn't go well. On my arrow(in the game) there was i don't know how to describe it but i could see all the icons in the game(you know,those that show stations or enemy and so on).It just couldn't be playable. By the way, i did play the game and finished the missions...but i saw this wonderful mod and i wanted to test it out. I did read the Ruguey's mod readme file but not much details on how exactly to place the mod(or the files) in the x3 reunion. Any help on the matter is most welcome..By the way..GREAT WORK ROGUEY with the mod and stuff. Thank you and I thank your people that helped you in making a new face to this wonderful game.

PS: excuse my grammer/language(not my natal)

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

hi there danwithjesus, welcome to the site!

you should find when you download the file, its a large zip with folders already in there. You should be able to simply extract the contents, then copy 'n paste into your x3 folder. Once done, start x3 and select mod package and select roguey.

I would recommend you try with a new game to see if there is any problems, then try loading in an existing game, as sometimes there can be problems between a large mod and a old save - sometimes files are moved around/changed, and x3 gets confused.

danwithjesus

danwithjesus avatar
Level badge Boguey (2)
Posted 12 years ago.

That's exactly what i did..I merged the mod files with the original,but there were some files that needed to be "copy and replace". you have some files like the original. My problem is do i copy/replace them or copy but keep as second files?

Now i have the same problem when ever i install the game(my forth attempt).What do i need to do in order to wipe my pc clean of the x3 reunion? I have the "Mod Manager,X plugin Manager and X models 3d viewer" installed on my pc. Do i also have to delete those as well? As for the saves game i have none(deleted).

Thank you for your prompt reply. By the way,is there any way i can upload an image of the problem?

2 Thumbs up for your site, a great help for "Noguey's" like me. Thank you again

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

hi there,

you should find that only a couple of files will need to be copied and replaced as there a few adjustments to the original game, like automatic lasertower shield upgrades. So you will need to do it, to get the fullest out of the mod.

You dont need to delete/wipe out everything, just ideally install the mod to a unmodified copy of x3. If still not working, all I can think its something to do with how you installed the mod.

You could use something like imageshack to upload a picture of each step, then post here so I can see what's happening.

as for the site, I glad it helps Smile

danwithjesus

danwithjesus avatar
Level badge Boguey (2)
Posted 12 years ago.

Thank you Roguey... I finaly did it(after 8 game deletes)..whew.. I copied almost everything(not the mini-mods yet) in the folders,but saved the original as "(2)"..I got into the game and the first thing i noticed was the big sun(to bright). I wonder..is that normal? I also docked at station with the sun right in my face. Couldn't see the buttons down.I don't think is normal but i'd like your opinion on that. Is there something wrong i did? I also tried out the PAC weapons. WOW I like them a lot. Thank you for your guide and for your mod.:):D

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

hi there, any chance you could post some pictures of the sun for me?

You need to log-in to post here.