going back to reunion

Home Board Index » X3: Reunion » going back to reunion

redz123

redz123 avatar
Level badge Noguey (0)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hi guys. I used to play x3 perfectly fine on my old system. This was an Athlon X2 AT 2.8GHZ, 2Gb Ram, an X1950 pro on windows xp. I recently installed up to 2.5 on my current rig and the fps is awful, even with all the options turned to minimum. It is Phenom X6 3.2Ghz, 4Gb Ram, Hd6850 on windows 7 64bit. I just dont undestand how performance can dip so much on a newer system?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

Thats weird. I'm having issues with it too, but it runs fine but just crashes randomly, makes it extremely difficult to play. TC on the other hand works perfectly with no crashes at all.

My rig is way below yours so I can't imagine what the problem would be. I got: Athlon 64 5600+ X2 (OC'ed to 3.1GHz), 8800GT 512, 4GB RAM, Vista x64. I play at 2048x1152, med textures, 4x AA, 8x AF, high shaders, high view distance, glow enabled, and ship color variations enabled. Same settings for TC except ofc the view distance setting.

I got sick of messing with AP trying to get it to work right and just installed XRM instead. You might want to post in the tech support forum on the egosoft site and see if they can help you.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

hi there,

Its hard to say what the problem is. I have a 2600k and quickly tried X3 on my Win7 64bit. I did work okay although there was an odd fps drop (for like one second - might of been a loading or something). I know its passing the buck, but the guys on the egosoft forum maybe able to help you better. So its worth asking there, if you do solve the problem might be a good if you could post here what the solution was. Good luck!

redz123

redz123 avatar
Level badge Noguey (0)
Posted 11 years ago.

thanks for the replys guys, will let you know if anything changes

JamieSwoish

JamieSwoish avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 11 years ago.

I'll give you the short short version of how to fix it (took me a couple days to figure out).

Start X3AP from steam
When menu pops up click "graphics settings"
then on the bottom right check both "disable vertex size optimisation" and "use alternative video playback"
Hit OK
start x3ap and she runs flawlessly
for some reason the vertexes are acting all weird since the last patch.

Sincerely,
Gaiagrim
"If it moves kill it, if it dies it was bad, and if it blows up at least you get fireworks!"

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Start X3AP from steam
- JamieSwoish

He was trying to get X3 working, not X3AP :p

JamieSwoish

JamieSwoish avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

No maam, (the second post, not the first) was referring to x3ap I am sure because I was having the exact same framerate issue I had with ATI HD6000 series cards whereas all my other machines had no issues. (With mixed nvidia and ati cards prior to 6x00 series).

Sincerely,
Gaiagrim
"If it moves kill it, if it dies it was bad, and if it blows up at least you get fireworks!"

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

Since the title of this thread is "going back to reunion" and it's placed int he X3 Reunion section--I'll guess it's not about AP but Reunion. Wink

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
JamieSwoish

JamieSwoish avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Same as his my x3tc worked fine just not x3ap. When you started x3ap you were getting somewhere between 2 and 7 fps.

Sincerely,
Gaiagrim

"If it moves kill it, if it dies it was bad, and if you think you have enough guns triple what you have!"

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

He was trying to get X3 working, not X3AP :p
- Roguey

Haha I feel stupid now. I was thinking he was talking about AP too. Patch 2.5 that sounds like AP to me, but yea I forgot that Reunion is at 2.5 also.

You need to log-in to post here.