Little mod for myself

Home Board Index » X3: Reunion » Little mod for myself

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

ok so i have figured out how to open files with the x3 editor now what i am trying to figure out is how the changed the range of two things. First, I want to changed the scan range of the mineral scanner to cover an entire sector that way i dont have to fly up to each astroid and scan it i just sit in the middle of the secotr and look. Second i want to make a gun and make it effectively into a sniper rifle so i want to change the range on a gun that i make im just not sure how.

A question that has puzzled me for my whole 24 years of life. If a word is in the dictonary is mispelled how do we know?
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Scanner range

You can adjust the scanner range in types/globals:

SG_SCANNER_RANGE_SHIP;10000000;
SG_SCANNER_RANGE_SHIP_UPGRADE2;20000000;
SG_SCANNER_RANGE_SHIP_UPGRADE3;30000000;
SG_SCANNER_RANGE_SATELLITE;25000000;
SG_SCANNER_RANGE_SATELLITE2;35000000;
SG_SCANNER_RANGE_STATION;5000000;
SG_SCANNER_RANGE_ORBITALLASER;1250000;
SG_SCANNER_RANGE_FREIGHTSCANNER;2000000;
SG_SCANNER_RANGE_SO_NEBULA;750000;

Laser/bullet adjustment

To edit guns, you need to edit types/tbullets. In there you can set the speed of the bullet, lifetime etc. If you want to edit the fire rate, edit types/tlasers. Many attributes in tlaser although are from old games, like the lasers energy. It now uses the ship's lasers energy.

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

ahh i was looking in the wrong area thanks this should let me make the game more of mine. Now one more question how to i stop the AI from useing. Also if you are ok with it will it be possable to transfur ships from reunion to TC i wouldnt mine taking your command ship and the V in to TC it would be nice =)

A question that has puzzled me for my whole 24 years of life. If a word is in the dictonary is mispelled how do we know?
caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

Oh and one more thing how do i save it into its own little file and install it like a mod. And witch one would be for the mineral scanner.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Its always best to make them into a small mod, that way you can play an unmodified game (if you deselect the mod), or re-get fresh files encase you make a mistake.

as for the mineral scanner range.. hmmm.. im not seeing it, in globals. hmmm.. I guess either in a script or hard-coded.. have you looked at something like Advanced Mineral Scanner v1.31 09/12/06? usually someone already done something, sometimes people create scripts to get around some hard coded issue (like disabling the capture of M6+ ships). So the scanner range could be one of them.

as for transferring ships to TC, im fine with that. Although most of the ships were created by other people. If they eject from it, then you may have to remove them. However im sure most of them will be fine with it.

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

yeah i took a chance and modded some of the files and messed up TC bad like bad bad there are no stations any more i have no ship and all but a hand full of the scripts are gone both the ones i made and the game scripts. All i see is the sheild and health bar and thats it nothing to select no options nothing i had to open task manager and end the program. Now you say there is a way to undo the files? And fix it.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

lol, well you could try a re-patch. although usually messing up the game like that means a re-install unfortunately.

ive done it myself a few times - you arent a modder if you havnt 'patched' the game wrongly Smile

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

lol yeah i did that i may have to find out how to add in a new scanner to the game and work from there

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

It seems to be how the X-games are; lots of things are editable but there is still many things which arent. The things which arent, usually you can create your own to 'replace' the in-built one. However it not ideal.

You need to log-in to post here.