X2 being annoying!

Home Board Index » X2: The threat » X2 being annoying!

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

I scratched on of my X2 disks beyond fixing, it annoyed me, but I went to a car boot and there was a mint condition version of X2! I bought it for £1!!!! Then when I got home i was really stupid because there was only one dick in there, but luckly I had disk one of my new version and disk two of my old version. Now I tried installing it again, it comes up with this,

'The wizard was interrupted before X2 - The Threat could be completely installed.

Your system has not been modified. TO complete installation at another type, please run setup again.

Click Finish to exit the wizard'

Any one know what to do?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

Get the superbox :P £1, sounds like a great price. I was going to say steal, but too much of that is happening here atm.

how about trying compatibility mode on the installer? I guessing your using up-to date windows?

[update] This this help? How To Run X2 On Vista (or Windows 7)

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 11 years ago.

I managed to get X2 for 50p from CEX, great deal! He he!

I will be the one to take you down!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Crazy prices you can get older games for nowadays. At one stage they used to be like £30-40!

RolanDecoy

RolanDecoy avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

I have some old disks I keep for their authentity value, but I found that in <95% of the time you can copy it completely to a new disk or disk image and run it just fine, especially the older games. Might be worth trying, just be sure to keep the original.

I don't know the laws where you are but here in the Netherlands its perfectly legal to make a copy of copyrighted material for backup purposes as long as it is just 1 copy, is not distributed (personal use only) and you keep the original copy. This is because when you buy software (the game) you buy the right to use (play) it, regardless of what a EULA states. And since most companies will not replace a damaged copy...well, you get the idea. Not sure how it is in other countries though.

You need to log-in to post here.