Roguey's X3 ships

Home Board Index » X3: Reunion » Scripts and Modding » Roguey's X3 ships

Joker

Joker avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 8 years ago.

hi there, i'm new.
How to download the X3 Rouguey's mod ships from database?
thank you.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 8 years ago.

hi there and welcome Wave

im not 100% sure what you mean; do you want to extract the ships from the X3 Mod, or download information from my database?

Joker

Joker avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 8 years ago.

Thank you sir, Smile
I would like to add some new ships in my X3-Reunion, and i found your database. If you allow this, i wish to extract one or two ships. I had a try to mod some ships from my game (ship creator, in the plug in manager), but it does not work Cry ! I have a lot to learn about modding, for sure. My point was to reduce the cargo in order to balance increasing the speed and / or shields. There was a plug-in some years ago (I started this game after many years) but i dont find it or there is no more valid link. It should be easier to install some edited ships, is it? Smile Bye.

Joker

Joker avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 8 years ago.

Hei.., i had a look about your mod.., Beer congratulations, it seems to be very fine. Nod

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 8 years ago.

hi there,

well some of the ships from the X3-Mod arent easy to extract because some rely on other parts of the mod. For example there might be new animation effect added for a particular part of the ship; say for an engine. When extracting it, a tool might simply replace or move the location of the effect; meaning instead of being effect 60, its number 76. Unless everything else is updated, then it would use the wrong effect, which could cause the game to crash. This is why often big mods wont work with each other.

However, it is possible to do; it just takes time and a lot of experience. X3 engine isnt very helpful either; usually it just crashes when it doesnt like something - with no reason. Not all the ships from the X3-mod use special parts, just some. However this may help explain why assets in a mod stay in a mod (its made to work with each other).

Ive also never used the plug-in manager, so I dont know how cleaver it is.

If you simply wish to adjust a few stats, then that is much easier. You can edit the types/tships file with the X3Editor.

You need to log-in to post here.