Ship building tutorial?!

Home Board Index » X3: Reunion » Scripts and Modding » Ship building tutorial?!

ktide

ktide avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 12 years ago.

Hey Roguey Smile

What happened to the ship tutorial i placed in the old forum you had m8?

I've looked everywere and i can't find it, nor can i find any other tutorials for it anywere Cry

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

erm... im not sure m8. Dont supose you have a copy of it still? if you do I recommend its converted to HTML for the X3 site, on this page:

- X3 Editing,

As its much easier to backup/store than a forum that's generated from a database.

ktide

ktide avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Ok now i know u don't remember me m8.

Do you remember when u had ( dunno if u still do ) had the wikki and u asked me to place my tutorials there? u even gave me adim rank, since i had it on the forum aswell, so i can place all my crap there?~

I had a ship building tut, engines, weapons and all that, aka a tut that starts from duh and gets u to do everything, even rear turrets. I have the pics, but i don't have the text Cry

Nova, can u ask Digsin if he still has the tutorial pls?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I do remmeber! Im not that old! :p

The wiki was getting hit by spam bots near the end - every so often I had to log in to tidy up it. It was becoming a bit of a pain to be honest. The version on the wiki was never completed, it was simply a copy 'n paste that had no images on it.

If you do manage to get the content again, then please send it to me so it can be converted onto the X3 site. It will get more viewers there and will be safer because its easier to backup there.

ktide

ktide avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I'll ask Digs, he get's on the msn every now and again.

ktide

ktide avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Found it:

http://www.after-domination.net/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=76

I have the pics aswell, what to do now m8? Where to place it and how to place it.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

ah Smile

okay, what to do now: copy 'n paste all the text from each page and save it to a file like: page1, page2 etc. Now, save all the images with a name matching that in the page, so if it says attachment2, save the image as something like picture2 or something. Make sure there's some clue in each page, so I know where to put each picture. like [attachment2] or something.

Now put them all in a zip, then send it to me. Ill convert it into HTML and will bung it on the X3 site, and credit you. This should make the guide more easier to find and will be hosted on the site (not in a database).

ktide

ktide avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

On it m8, u still have FTP space for it?

If yes, PM me the details so i can place it there for u Smile

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Which FTP space? Confused

I was going to bung it on the main X3 site for you. It would be easier for me if you sent me the content, than messing around creating a FTP account. Of course I intend to give you credit.

ktide

ktide avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

It's not that m8, nvm... Must have caught a draft in my brain or something then lol.

I'll post it soon, kinda busy atm with some stuff.

ktide

ktide avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

There u go:

http://www.4shared.com/file/VbEjHpTS/Tut_pics_and_files.html

The clue is simple, i simply copied as is:

Attachment:
1JPG

The pics have names and numbers so u can do it with u're eyes closed.

Tks mate Smile

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Okay got the files now, thanks for posting. Ill start converting now however it may take a few days - see how it goes.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Getting a few viewers - if your interested to know:

Picture

That's from when it was put on, to yesterday.

ktide

ktide avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Yep that's nice, people peeking Smile

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Well the stats maybe not instantly amazing, however I learnt over time that with web pages things tend to be slow. ie. You post a new guide and get a few viewers. In time you may get over 1,0000 viewers but not straight away, it needs time.

You need to log-in to post here.