Vanilla scripts? or not so vanilla?

Home Board Index » X3: Reunion » Scripts and Modding » Vanilla scripts? or not so vanilla?

SMITHY77

SMITHY77 avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 12 years ago.

What scripts are out there that are considered Vanilla?

I restarted a clean game the other day. Swanned around for a bit just trying to figure out what to do and where to go. Reloaded from an auto save after docking as an astronaut, (was planning to sell the buster and go for something faster).

Upon the reload I got a message about some loaded scripts. Xai corps fleet support software, the cartel shield hacker and the explorer software. They had installed.

Now checking my pilots stats I noticed it was "clean" no ***modified*** sticking out like dogs bollocks on the bottom. So what else are able to be inculded in the scripts that wouldn't "tickle" the modified sticker?
I am very courious now as to just what little extras that, without severely unbalancing anything can be added without tweaking that annoying little notification.

Not wanting to open the editor, (I get too tempted to just go wild and play god with it if I do) I really want to keep a vanilla game of blood sweat and tears going.

Keyboard typing

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 12 years ago.

What scripts are out there that are considered Vanilla?
- SMITHY77

Just the bonus pack.

All of the scripts you mention are included in the bonus content. Any other third party script requires the script editor to be activated to work and simply activating it causes your current game to become modified.

see also: http://www.egosoft.com/download/x3/bonus_en.php

SMITHY77

SMITHY77 avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 12 years ago.

Cheers Beer

I did do a more detailed search of the message system and saw the others.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

Any other third party script requires the script editor to be activated to work and simply activating it causes your current game to become modified.
- Sinxar

Not 100% true, as there are setup. scripts which run without the script editor being loaded. You get the modified tag when a script is ran without egosoft's special code in it. I dont think ego have given this code to any third party scripts except for the bonus pack scripts.

You need to log-in to post here.